NYX Professional Makeup Mega Shine Lipgloss

NYX Professional Makeup Mega Shine Lipgloss

4.3

Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

on 5/6/2018 5:51:00 AM

I bought this in shade Sugar pie, which looked as nice dark apricot color with tiny ammount of shimmer. When applied on lips, the color is almost invisible and the shimmer as well. It has a nice cherry scent to it, which can be a little too agressive for someone, but i liked it. It lasts for like an hour on my lips, which is kinda dissapointing.

on 7/12/2013 10:44:00 AM

These glosses are awesome but smell terrible! It's a strong cherry medicine scent and it seriously made me gag. I had to return it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I read the reviews here first, since I dont have nyx where I live. So because many people said the exact same thing about the smell, i decided to try before buying. So I was travelling this weekend and I went to a mall where they had a nyx counter. I went straight to the lipglosses and OMG, THANK GOD I LISTENED to people here. IT REALLY SMELLS BAD. Like cherry medication, burned plastic, strong,deep, annoying scent. This is disgusting, so strong. Just like people described here. I didnt buy any and I wont ever. The staying power on the lips is awful too.

on 7/28/2009 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This gloss smells really bad--like cherry medicine or something like that. I just can't get over the smell even for the cheap price or nice colors.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Uggh!! I cant stand that STRONG stench of dead flowers!! I got Candies #104 and it loox like a light frosty baby pink...almost whitish........it has a bad silverish undertone to it coz it changes the color of ur teeth!! Maybe a "dab" of it on the center of the lips may look nice but i wont even do that coz the scent bothers me that much...I wont repurchase coz no matter wut i do, i just cant pull this off...(C5/C40 skintone)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this in the shade Natural and the colour is gorgeous. It stays on a decent amount of time and it's not sticky.

There are 2 reasons, however that this loses points with me:
1. the packaging is terrible. I can't take this with me because no matter what I do it leaks everywhere. There's a problem where the gloss gets up near the cap and continually oozes out despite wiping the screw-on part. I have to wipe it down daily to keep it from leaking and that's a waste of product.
2. The smell is really strong and kinda gross. It smells and tastes like cherry cough syrup which is so sweet/sour I mistook it for sour bubblegum scent the first few times I wore it. And it doesn't go away after any amount of time.

The revlon gloss in the shade super natural is much better overall, so I recommend that one over the NYX.

I have the NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Smokey Look. It's one of the first lip products I've ever purchased by NYX cosmetics. I don't like it. The packaging looks cute with the bow on the cap, but what really bothers me about this lip gloss is the smell.

I'm not terribly fond of lip products with a scent. Actually, I'm okay with some scented lip products like the Nivea Lip Butter Lip balms in Raspberry Rose or Vanilla Macadamia, Smith's Rosebud Salve, Burts' Bees original Peppermint. But the thing is---I am not fond of the cherry scent that these NYX Mega Shine lip glosses have nor do I like the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks which have a watermelon scent. These scents are sickening and while they probably go away after a while...it makes the moment you put it on your lips unbearable.

It's not the favorite lip gloss I have in my purse because of the smell. Pigmentation wise it is very nude peach-ish. It can be streaky. I would not buy another one if I ran out of it and I'm really contemplating whether or not I should just throw it out. It will be my first and last mega shine lip gloss for sure!

on 2/23/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lip gloss is rather disgusting to use. It smells, weird, it tastes weird, and most importantly, it emphasizes ALL the lines I have on my lips. I would assume that it dries up my lips even more. Would have preferred the formula to be less sticky. Nice colours though. Wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

THE SMELL IS TERRIBLE!!!I had this in Natural(Beautiful color, the perfect nude for me!) but it was so disgustingly chemically and i had to return it and get something else instead, so i got another nude gloss but from maybelline(beautiful color, almost like the one from NYX).

on 10/25/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Ok, so here is my mixed review on this lipgloss. I love the color (I have French Kiss and Beige (which is pink by the way) ) and the ONLY issue I have with the lipgloss is that when you shut it, it smudges all out of the tube all over EVERYTHING!!!! It has ruined the inside of my purses because it just get's everywhere. I am sure I have lost 1/2 the product to napkins when wiping it off the tube...so not sure what part of the applicator needs tweeked, but something definitely does. I can find better quality tubes for less money.