NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss

NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss

4.3

Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

on 6/27/2016 12:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought all the colors cvs had ... I didn't like tea rose there was no color to it like a sheer plum mauve hard to notice so I returned it. Nude pink nude peach natural lala and beige are the good ones

on 5/7/2016 7:52:00 AM

For the price, it was soooo worth it!

I have the shade Dolly Pink and it looks so good! It glides on so well, isn't sticky and so bright in colour! A more vibrant colour on your lips may need another layer (but it may feel a bit heavy after it). Only $4.90 in Australian dollars!

Of course, the lip gloss colour will depend on the tone of your skin, so the colour choice you desire from this lip gloss WILL depend on how many layers you put on and your skin tone.

Otherwise, it is worth the purchase if you are hella low on cash but wanna look fab!

To Read all 196 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this gloss in two shades- natural and perfect red. They're both fantastic formulas- hydrating-ish (not as much as a balm), really glossy, and not sticky. They also smell kind of incredible, sort of fruity in a cherry kind of way (though if you're the kind of person who thinks that's a cough medicine smell you might not like it). I have a really strong gripe with the packaging, though: it's terrible. Not in the sense that I can't apply it evenly, the dow-foot applicator is totally fine and has a nice slant to it- the thing is it's just terribly weak, and sort of leaks. I dropped one of them on a wood floor (not tile or anything) and it just completely broke and I had to throw it away. And when I close the gloss, product always manages to squeeze out around where the cap meets the rest of tube, so that's frustrating. But I'm willing to put up with it for how incredible this is otherwise.

Perfect red is a blue-based red that I really like to put on top of more orangey reds for some reason. It's is a bit too sheer of a red for me to wear on its own (it's just impossible to get even) but as a topper for any other red lipstick, it just does something absolutely divine and makes it look incredibly sexy. It definitely transfers a lot, but still last quite a while; it also bleeds a lot without some sort of lip liner.

Natural is a pink-brown mauve shade, one of the best neutrals I've ever found for my skin tone. It is a bit on the cool side for my warm-toned skin, but not by much, so I'd probably say that it has a neutral undertone. It doesn't bleed like perfect red, but it only lasts for 2-3 hours as opposed to 6-ish.

I had a sudden want for lipgloss and Nyx usually doesn't disappoint. I have 112 Natural (warm brownish-pink), 160 Tea Rose (mid-tone rose), and 163 Pink Rose (pinky coral with multi-colored microglitter).

Just to give an idea, my lips are full and very pigmented (upper lip is much darker than my lower lip). I can wear Natural on it's own but I wanted it to be more vibrant so I put a little concealer on my lips to lighten it--same thing for Tea Rose. Pink Rose, on the other hand, would have to be worn with lined lips (I tried it with Nyx lip liner in 858 Nude Pink) and it is PERF but is otherwise kind of disappointing. Kinda makes me sad because it really is such a beautiful color when swatched but is super sheer on its own. I'm trying to be optimistic about it and just wear it by itself in the summer.

I hear a lot of people rave about 115 African Rose (which is a very vibrant deep-purple fuchsia with blue shimmer) but I don't think Ulta carries it (I could have sworn I've seen that color there before though). I will definitely have to order it.

This is a lipgloss so I don't expect it to stay on for super long, and I'm fine with reapplying. It does have a smell that is off-putting to some (to me, it smells like what a cherry Jolly Rancher tastes like if that makes sense lol) but it's gone once applied. These lipglosses are good for a sheer pop of color and could be AWESOME on top of a lipstick or lip liner. If you want a lipgloss that has a flat color (with no shimmer or glitter), I would go with Nyx Butter Gloss (another favorite of mine). Hope this helps!

on 7/29/2015 2:24:00 PM

I have clear, color 103. This is great for a clear, shiney lipgloss. I buy this from almost every brand - MAC, Bobbi Brown, Sephora, Wet & Wild. This is a really shiney finish. Sticky as expected but decently long wearing.

I removed 1 lippy because the taste/smell is so gross! Smells like Luden Cherry cough drops to me & makes me somewhat nauseas :(

on 2/14/2015 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really nice, solid lipgloss. I own two and they are both great, despite having completely different shades and finishes. "Pink Nude" is a favorite lipgloss of mine because it is a lovely pale pink and it's awesome both by itself or for topping other lipsticks. Anyways, the formula is smooth, emollient, not tacky at all, and moisturizing. It feels really nice on the lips and would never emphasize dry patches. Sometimes, it does emphasize the lines in the lips though which is part of why I took off a lippie. The other reason is because it doesn't last very long. If you eat or drink at all, this is gone. It lasts about 2 hours on me and most lip products last a long time on me. I think this might be normal for lipgloss, but I'm comparing it to my favorites which last up to 6 hours. But all in all, this is a really great, solid lipgloss. I definitely recommend it.

I always buy these. I have so many colors! Cheap price, good quality, very pigmented.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this gloss in the 122 natural, and it has ended my search for the perfect natural colored lip gloss. It gives a nice dewy, but not shimmery look. I love it!

on 12/18/2014 6:41:00 PM

Love these!! Just bought a pack of 5 for $19 here in Australia. Awesome colours. Love how glossy and lively they are, but they don't seem sticky. Love, love!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My Favorite glosses right now. Moisturizing, not sticky, great pigment and smells like cherry candy. for only $5, i will continue to buy them until they run out of stock!

Video Reviews & Tutorials