NYX Professional Makeup Mega Shine Lipgloss

Filtered by age: 19-24
NYX Professional Makeup Mega Shine Lipgloss

4.2

Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this in the shade Natural and the colour is gorgeous. It stays on a decent amount of time and it's not sticky.

There are 2 reasons, however that this loses points with me:
1. the packaging is terrible. I can't take this with me because no matter what I do it leaks everywhere. There's a problem where the gloss gets up near the cap and continually oozes out despite wiping the screw-on part. I have to wipe it down daily to keep it from leaking and that's a waste of product.
2. The smell is really strong and kinda gross. It smells and tastes like cherry cough syrup which is so sweet/sour I mistook it for sour bubblegum scent the first few times I wore it. And it doesn't go away after any amount of time.

The revlon gloss in the shade super natural is much better overall, so I recommend that one over the NYX.

on 2/14/2015 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really nice, solid lipgloss. I own two and they are both great, despite having completely different shades and finishes. "Pink Nude" is a favorite lipgloss of mine because it is a lovely pale pink and it's awesome both by itself or for topping other lipsticks. Anyways, the formula is smooth, emollient, not tacky at all, and moisturizing. It feels really nice on the lips and would never emphasize dry patches. Sometimes, it does emphasize the lines in the lips though which is part of why I took off a lippie. The other reason is because it doesn't last very long. If you eat or drink at all, this is gone. It lasts about 2 hours on me and most lip products last a long time on me. I think this might be normal for lipgloss, but I'm comparing it to my favorites which last up to 6 hours. But all in all, this is a really great, solid lipgloss. I definitely recommend it.

PROS: This lip gloss is the perfect accessory to have in your purse, especially when you're running out the door. The color payoff is great, but not too overpowering. The product itself is super moisturizing, and makes your lips look very smooth.

CONS: The formula is not extremely long-lasting, so you will have to reapply a few times throughout the day, but given the cheap price, I still think it's a great product.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Very affordable and cute lip glosses, and quite a wide range of colors to choose from. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a cheap but decent lip gloss.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got this lip gloss in the shade Ice Princess in a set with some other NYX products a while back at Marshall's. The set was an impulse buy, and I was mainly buying it for another product in the set but I was very surprised with how much I like this.

Ice Princess is a really nice, light pink shade-it's so light that it doesn't show up much on my lips, and I'm pretty pale, but it does give a nice pink tint and looks really, really nice paired over a pink lipstick or a lip liner. It's not sticky in the slightest, and when I take it off my lips feel really soft. The applicator is a really nice sized doe foot applicator. I don't know if this is with all the glosses in this line, or just the one I have since I just have the one, but it smells VERY faintly of cherries-it's more of a candy cherry smell than the smell of actual cherries, and it's only noticeable when you go out of your way to smell the applicator(which is just a thing I do-I always smell my products, that way I can tell people who are sensitive to smells).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Best lip gloss I've used. I love the feel and look of it, I own the shades Frosted Beige and Sugar Pie. I wear them every day. They look great alone or over lipstick. The only thing is that I wish they lasted longer on the lips. But besides that, these are my favorite glosses! :)

on 2/23/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lip gloss is rather disgusting to use. It smells, weird, it tastes weird, and most importantly, it emphasizes ALL the lines I have on my lips. I would assume that it dries up my lips even more. Would have preferred the formula to be less sticky. Nice colours though. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/14/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I LOVE these. They smell great. They taste great. They're creamy. They're shiny. They aren't sticky. They're inexpensive. There's a decent colour range. They stay on well.

Seriously just try them out. The consistency varies a little between them and the smell varies as well. I've tried a few and I love them all.

The only issue I have is sometimes if gloss gets on the edges, a little will come out when you screw it closed. But no biggie.

PS: Target in Toronto and the GTA have started to get NYX products! YES!!!! (I'm so excited!)

on 6/11/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

PROS:
*LOTS of gorgeous colors to chose from (my personal favorite is french kiss)
*thin, sleek packaging. not a a big chunky thing.
*smells AMAZING. Like Hawaiian punch. Yummm
*NOT STICKY! Very smooth and creamy.
*Color has great staying power. Lasted a good 4 hours on me without any touch ups.
*Price was about 3 dollars at my Ulta store. Amazing! Way better than a 15 dollar Mac gloss or something.

CONS:
NONE

on 5/28/2013 10:50:00 AM

I have beige(which is actually pink) and perfect. Beautiful colors. Great color pay off. Last a long time. Love.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have this in 5 different colors and I want to get more! I absolutely love this product. It's inexpensive. It has cute packaging with a bow on top of the cap. And what I reallly love about this is the consistency. It goes on very smooth and silky and is not sticky at all! The staying power is pretty good also. Another plus is the nice smell it has to it. Would definitely buy again!