L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in Mica

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in Mica
Colour Riche - Mica (L'Oral)

on 3/14/2019 1:46:00 PM

I am lowkey obsessed with this OG L’Oreal lipstick and go through phases of wearing it constantly. It’s been around for decades (I remember trying it in high school and I’m 37). The color is hard to describe and it’s one of those shades that melds with your natural lip color. For example, I have pigmented lips, and on me Mica is an almost-deep silvered plum but it looks very different in most pics online. I would say the base color is a mid-tone cool mauve, with that very fine silvery-shifty shimmer that lends it such a changeable quality. I have a hunch the shimmer is actually 2-3 similar-but-different shades, but it’s tough to tell.

Mica kinda has a goth-lite vibe with my coloring (dark hair/eyes, cool-toned olive skin). I prefer to wear it with my version of a full face (which isn’t really that full lol). But foundation/powder/precise blush provide a controlled, even canvas that really makes the lipstick pop. Otherwise it can pull weird tones in your skin, or your skin can pull weird tones in the lipstick itself. I really like reading how other people wear certain products, so my favorite way to wear this is with the aforementioned full face, tons of smudgy black liner, and locked-down brows. It looks 90s but also fresh and modern. I will say this shade doesn’t look great on me in the summer when I warm up.

I really like the Colour Riche formula and I’m glad L’Oreal doesn’t mess around with it too much. Mica is smooth and creamy even with the shimmer, pigmented, and long-lasting (for a cream). I’m neutral on the packaging but I really like the extra-pointy bullet. There is a strong lipstick-y taste and scent but it doesn’t bother me. It was about $6. The Colour Riche line has some super interesting shades.

I think this would flatter a lot of different complexions but looks especially good against cool-toned very pale or dark skin.

Old favorite... Similar to Clinique's Bamboo Pink but with more pigment and depth. I love the nostalgic powdery rose scent, and the formula is smooth as satin. The frost offers a nice sheen without being too glittery, and I'd describe this as a neutral pinky-brown that pretty much goes with everything. I took a lippy off because L'Oréal doesn't seal their lipsticks and I don't like the idea of putting stuff on my lips that have been pre-tried out in the store by who knows who? Would repurchase.

on 1/25/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was reading through old Allure reviews and saw this lipstick. I ordered it on Amazon. I then read the reviews on MakeupAlley. I almost canceled my order, but I am glad I didn't. It is a great neutral. I can wear it with a bit of BB cream and mascara, and don't look washed out. It doesn't clash with the reddish hair. It feels rich and smooth. Has a shimmer, but isn't too frosted. The color lasts too. I should order a few more tubes because with my luck L'Oreal will cancel the color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Huh. This color completely intrigues me. I don't own any color like this and I own a lot of lipsticks, which says a lot. As with all Color Riche, the formula is on point. So I did some digging and I guess this shade has been around for some time. But my interpretation is that it is thoroughly modern, complex, and urban sophisticated. It's quite daring without being in-your-face bold. It's mauve with a silver shimmer. Goes great with my neutral-warm fair complexion. It's edgy but still fun at the same time! Love it!

on 10/15/2014 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't use a lot of lipstick but I wanted to try metallic lip trend again. It reminds me of lipsticks I used in 90's when I started wearing makeup. This color is a silverish taupe shade. Looks more subdued on then you may think .Its a nice shimmer on lips. I was surprised I actually like the shade. Almost a cool toned gold if that makes sense. I like it for the metallic trend a lot. It's not too much. Creamy easy to apply. Not an everyday shade for me though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is my signature lipstick. I have been wearing this color for nearly 10 years. It works perfectly with my milky white skin and my blue eyes. It also seems to go with whatever hair color I have at the moment. Looks very nice if applied and then lightly blotted. Some people have asked if it was my natural lip color.

on 1/4/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

mica is a light plum with a silver shine to it.it shines,last verry long,goes well with olive/neutral skintone.goes well with: plum,black,nude,nude-pink eye shadows!love it!

on 7/2/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I don't know why I haven't reviewed this earlier but I just thought about this lipstick when I answered a poll on one of the boards.

I have been wearing this lipstick since 1988! It is my HG of all lipsticks! I have lots of lipsticks but always go back to this one. I'm very fair skinned with dark hair and this color compliments my skin so much. I can wear it with anything! I even wore it on my wedding day! It's so versatile and beautiful. And it NEVER feathers. It's so moisturizing without making your lips feel like they are suffocating. I hope L'Oreal never stops making this shade because I have never found anything as beautiful as this shade.

on 3/2/2011 1:35:00 PM

This shade is one of my beauty holy grails. Been wearing it since high school. I have many lipstick brands and shades, but L'Oreal Mica is the one shade I ALWAYS keep in my bag and everywhere else. Since I've been wearing this shade for so many years I try to make myself switch to something else, but I always go right back to my trusty Mica!
It's perfect in the winter when your complexion is lighter and goes just as well in the summer with your perfect tan!

on 2/3/2011 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I generally wear lipgloss in some shade of pinkish, redish. When I wear lipstick it is always in a deep wine or red shade. In general I stay far far away from anything resembling frost, pastel, mauve..........my skin is VERY yellow, I have dark brown hair, green eyes, and very dark brown eyebrows (almost black.) I find that I look best in high contrasting colors - black, turquoise, red. Anything peachy, pale, pastel looks absolutely awful. BUT I was getting so tired of the same lip color every day. So I picked this up thinking it would be a total failure, but I HAD to break out of the rut. I change up my eye shadow frequently but the lips are usually constant. I have found that this lipstick paired with a burgundy/sandstone eyeshadow is very flattering! The lipstick itself is smooth and moist and very comfortable to wear. And that really is saying a LOT from someone who despises the feel of lipstick. I always want a sticky wet gloss feel but this is absolutely doable for me. Overall, I have been very impressed with this color and formula in general!!!! (And I hadn't ever heard of it before just picking it up in the store so I wasn't going off someone else's peer pressure - for example the Allure magazine article others were talking about.)