Philosophy Falling in Love Body Lotion

No Image

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just want to say that as someone who has been looking for something similar to my beloved retired BBW fragrance Frosted Snowdrop it smells absolutely nothing like it. The previous reviewier could be confused with another one of the similarly named fragrances but it has zero in common with Frosted Snowdrop. This was very fruity and harsh smelling and to my nose rather stinky. Frosted Snowdrop was powdery and soft and musty and lovely.....nothing similar at all. Hopefully this helps people save time and money.

on 4/11/2015 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Pros: Moisturizing, bottle is simple and clean
Cons: Too musky, powdery with sour note, irritates my nose
I love the EDP and shower gel but the lotion is very different for some reason. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 11/16/2014 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this light scent. I bought it purely on scent alone and I never do that, I am a firm believer in having a lotion that does over time. So I bought it and then tried it on later just wanting the smell on me and was so surprised how soft it made my skin and made me happy. Buy it you won't be sorry.

I thought this scent was nice at first but now it seems strange. It doesn't particularly smell like any one thing, but it isn't really pleasant. And for the price, it had better smell amazing! It doesn't moisturize all that well either. I'm not impressed/ =(

on 8/17/2010 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I absolutely love Philosophy's body lotions and this is no exception. I adore the fact that they aren't heavily scented. It's only fitting that they carry the clean, lightness of their eau de toillettes and eau de parfums into their lotions. When you put this on you just get a whisper of the blackberry and vanilla scent. It isn't interfering, nor is it cloying. The texture is light but not runny at all. I detest runniness in lotions! It moisturizes lightly also, so this as well as Philosophy's other lotions are best suited for summertime use. Unless you layer this over something richer, this may not suit a dry skin type. I'm a huge admirer of the packaging. The fact that all of their bottles are clear is excellent. I really like knowing exactly how much product I have left. Also, the simplicity of it and the inspiring message is so aesthetically pleasing. This just looks great in your bathroom or wherever you happen to keep your lotion. This one is lovely. I'm a devout Pure Grace user, but I think Falling in Love is a nice, flirty alternative for days when it might be more appropriate to switch things up a bit.

on 3/1/2010 8:17:00 PM

I purchased this fragrance Falling in Love Body Lotion and if you want something that lasts and smells good DON'T get this. I don't even know how the name "Falling in Love" was given to this fragrance. I only use it when I am out of anything else I might have but once it is gone it is gone. I think Philosophy lotions are over-priced and no better than Bath and Body Works! I am still on a search for a quality body lotion. I have no idea what attracts people to Philosophy products other than their marketing tactics. Ugh!

on 7/2/2009 5:24:00 PM

I love this lotion! It is silkey, moisturizing, and leaves my skin nice and dewey. It's the nicest smelling blackberry musk on the market. It complements both the light floral and heavy oriental perfumes I love. I prefer it in the cooler months now that I have Unconditional Love for summer.

on 2/5/2009 8:58:00 PM

Well, I'd finished up using my Philosophy Pure Grace lotion and was planning on moving on to Amazing Grace, which I had been wanting to try forever. At Nordstrom, my boyfriend didn't like the smell of AG, but really liked Falling in Love. So I bought that one.

Pros: Great packaging, wonderful blackberry/vanilla fragrance, sublime texture. This is a truly luxurious feeling lotion. Fairly moisturizing, too. I live in a dry mountain climate, and it works just great.

Cons: The fragrance doesn't last. At all. So that blows it for me. I wear scented lotions because I don't like to wear perfume. But it just doesn't last on me. Wonderful other than that.

on 11/18/2008 6:15:00 PM

This is an amazing scent. It's cotton candy with a floral note, not too strong, not too sweet. Would work for a teen as well as an adult, during the day or at night. LOVE it! This lotion is great like the rest of the Philosophy lotions- goes on smooth, never sticky, moisturizes all day. Be warned, though, when you smell this in the bottle and even when you first apply it it does smell plastic-y! I thought the same thing when I got it- Oh, man, that stinks! But when it dries down it's the wonderful Falling in Love fragrance, I promise. I wish it wasn't so expensive... $34 is a bit much for a lotion, but it's so perfect to layer the fragrance or to wear on it's own.

on 9/26/2008 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

i love this scent. i have the lotion and i had the soap but i used it all. haha. anyway it's no too overpowering but it's just enough to tell that you've got something on. i have a really sensitive nose... so if i can smell something really strong on myself all day it makes me really queasy. so instead of using perfumes i used subtle scented lotions and soaps. i really like this one. && my boyfriend likes it on me as well. wink wink.

Popular Lotions / Creams