L'Oreal Paris Le Kohl Pencil Smooth Defining Eyeliner - Le Plum 260

L'Oreal Paris Le Kohl Pencil Smooth Defining Eyeliner - Le Plum 260

2.3

on 11/18/2008 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful color, complements my hazel eyes perfectly. But it is so difficult apply-does not glide smoothly. And even after using a primer, there is no staying power. It disappears within three hours of application on me. I'm going back to Stila Smudge Pots.

on 10/12/2008 7:16:00 PM

I found this pretty good, actually. The purple was very obviously purple, and although the pencil was a bit hard, the liner had great staying power and went well with my brown eyes. I will buy this again because of the staying power and the flattering shade of purple.
Update (Sept 2009): This product ended up going rancid within months, and I tend to take at least a year to use up an eyeliner pencil, so I plan to try other brands when I buy my next purple liner.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP. I paid $7.95 for crap!!! This is the worst liner. It smudged, smeared and made me look as if I had two bruised eyes.
I wanted a deep purple eyeliner and bought this instead of the HIP Eggplant (which I went back and purchased and now ♥). I don't often stray from MUA recommendations, and I guess I learned my lesson. Steer clear of this CRAP!!!!!!

Pretty color, but I murder my eyes with all the tugging I have to do!

on 4/1/2007 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is virtually impossible to apply. I could never get a full, smudgy, kohl line out of this. It faded very quickly. Very poor product. Typically, I have bad experiences with L'Oreal and this is certainly no exception. This was on sale, which was why I wasted my time trying it. It will be returned tomorrow.

on 12/28/2006 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Kohl eyeliner, by its very nature, is supposed to glide on smoothly. The Le Kohl pencil does not. Although I very much liked the purple color with a hint of blue shift, I found the product a struggle to put on. It will smudge well, though you must put quite a few layers on to produce said effect. Like the other reviewers, it tugged on my eyelid during application. I give it at 3 because of the end result but no higher due to the assault on my skin.

on 4/7/2006 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have to pull and tug so hard to apply this that I swear I can see new crows feet around my eyes just after using this. It's way to hard and much too difficult and harsh to apply.

Also, like virtually all drugstore foundations, this looks orange on my NW/NC20 skin. There is a definite line between my face and neck. How embarrassing! continued >>

on 2/8/2006 6:47:00 AM

Very decent plum colour but really hard to wear - can't they make these pencils a little softer? I struggle with this pencil to contour my eyes without irritating them. This is not good in the mornings, when one has so little time to get prepared.

I have three of these (sable, onyx, and plum), and though the other two are fantastic the plum is terrible. For some odd reason it seems to be a good bit harder than the other colors I've got. It tugs on my eye, and doesn't go on smoothly. Too bad too, the color is exactly what I want.

Hmmm. Le Kohl in black and brown are my staple eyeliners; I picked up the Plum to try with green shadow to bring out the green in my eyes. I am very disappointed with this liner -- although perhaps I had high expectations because of my good experience with other colors. This formulation seems more waxy, harder, and less smooth than the other colors I've used. I thought it was just the first use, so I rubbed it down on my hand to warm it up, and still could hardly get color to come off the pencil.

Maybe I just got a bad pencil, but this color I won't repurchase, and frankly, won't use.