Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
No Image

on 11/7/2010 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this cream after I came home from buying the Dior Hydralife Sorbet Creme, I felt a little sick thinking about the price (first time, I think :P) and decided to go to Walmart and return the Dior. I came across this cream and decided that for $13.99 it is worth a try. This cream is absolute love. It moisturizes well, leave a glow and doesn't look shiny at all. My t-zone is particularly prone to getting oily and this moisturizer keeps everything in balance. It serves as a great base for my makeup and another plus is that it sinks in fast. I have noticed my complexion is brighter but I have been using a Vitamin C serum on and off while using this cream too so I'm not sure if it's from the cream alone. As well, I have experiences no irritation or breakouts and my skin is very reactive. I will definitely continue to explore this line!!

Btw this review is for the Hydra-C 24H Moisturizing Gel-cream Dry Skin. I think they are changing the packaging and this is what it says on mine.

on 9/2/2010 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this cream for over a year.
The reason I stick to this one is because I have a really sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have tried even natural products but they make my skin too oily, leading to acne. So, I don't want to experiment with my skin any more and I am happy sticking to this one. I find it a bit expensive, I guess $22 CAD. But its hypo allergenic and gel-bases, so its worth.
One thing I would like to mention is that IT IS GREASY. Most people say its not, but trust me It is. I can never wear it while going out, or under my make-up. What I do is I apply it at night ( although it tells you to wear it in the morning). If my skin is feeling dry during the day, I apply it for a while and then rinse it before I go out. It does its job meanwhile.

on 8/3/2009 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

* I am reviewing the regular gel-cream.

I love this stuff. I haven't been using it for very long and will update if anything changes, but so far this stuff rocks! I originally bought it to use as a night cream, but I ended up loving it so much that I use it in the mornings now too. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin. The menthol in this doesn't bother me, and so far no irritation, burning, or best of all - no breakouts. It is the perfect consistency for me. Sinks in and leaves no greasy layer. I've been really dry due to a really bad sunburn last weekend, and since using this stuff, my face is super soft and the flakes are gone. I've used probably every moisturizer on the shelf, and this is by far my favourite.

* UPDATE (08/13/09): unfortunately, I believe this stuff has made me break out. I got small grainy bumps all over my upper lip, chin, and then forehead. Two days ago I stopped using it the bumps are disappearing. Sad :( I really loved how this stuff felt on my face.

Popular Moisturizers