Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! I have the worst acne prone skin ever, super oily but super sensitive. This is one of the only creams that do not break me out. Idk why people are saying that it's greasy... It's not at all. Super light and gets absorbed really fast, and my complexion always glows in the morning. I feel that the ingredients are less harsh, too. I hope they never discontinue this line, it's really great (wanted to get the gel versiOn next but it was discontinued, boo).

I really enjoyed using this product on my skin because it left it soft with a glowing shine... not a shine that I found greasy. The product was not out of this world or anything with an amazing texture but it was okay.. Although I do have to say that the price is outrageous an I do not like the packaging because it is glass and hard to travel with. I don't mind that it is in a pot because I mean who puts on moisturizer without clean hands?

I would not buy this product again because I am looking for a more natural moisturizer because it is much better for your skin to have a natural moisturizer because your skin is the biggest organ in your body.. ya da ya da ya da

on 11/7/2010 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this cream after I came home from buying the Dior Hydralife Sorbet Creme, I felt a little sick thinking about the price (first time, I think :P) and decided to go to Walmart and return the Dior. I came across this cream and decided that for $13.99 it is worth a try. This cream is absolute love. It moisturizes well, leave a glow and doesn't look shiny at all. My t-zone is particularly prone to getting oily and this moisturizer keeps everything in balance. It serves as a great base for my makeup and another plus is that it sinks in fast. I have noticed my complexion is brighter but I have been using a Vitamin C serum on and off while using this cream too so I'm not sure if it's from the cream alone. As well, I have experiences no irritation or breakouts and my skin is very reactive. I will definitely continue to explore this line!!

Btw this review is for the Hydra-C 24H Moisturizing Gel-cream Dry Skin. I think they are changing the packaging and this is what it says on mine.

on 4/19/2010 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have sensitive skin, with both a bit of acne on my chin and cheeks and super dry patches on my forehead and around my nose. This product seems to make my skin feel soothed anywhere I apply it. Other moisturizers left a gross film on my skin, but this one doesn't. You also don't need to apply too much to feel it working. I never stuck by a face moisturizer before I bought this.

Marcelle doesn't test on animals and this is really important to me when buying cosmetics.

on 8/3/2009 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

* I am reviewing the regular gel-cream.

I love this stuff. I haven't been using it for very long and will update if anything changes, but so far this stuff rocks! I originally bought it to use as a night cream, but I ended up loving it so much that I use it in the mornings now too. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin. The menthol in this doesn't bother me, and so far no irritation, burning, or best of all - no breakouts. It is the perfect consistency for me. Sinks in and leaves no greasy layer. I've been really dry due to a really bad sunburn last weekend, and since using this stuff, my face is super soft and the flakes are gone. I've used probably every moisturizer on the shelf, and this is by far my favourite.

* UPDATE (08/13/09): unfortunately, I believe this stuff has made me break out. I got small grainy bumps all over my upper lip, chin, and then forehead. Two days ago I stopped using it the bumps are disappearing. Sad :( I really loved how this stuff felt on my face.

When I started to use this product I was not sure how it would turn out. I have combination skin with the tendency to breakout. Ever since I used this product, my skin has cleared up quite a bit, it is a lot more radiant and glows. It is a good moisturizer for my skin in the cold, dry winter months. I have not used it during the summer yet, something to try. I find that this product will work best if your skin is cleaned twice daily and exfoliated at least twice a week. The dead skin cell when not exfoliated prevents the skin from absorbing the moisturizer. So exfoliate according to your skin type. Another note, if your cream smells weird, it maybe an indication that it is over due. I would return it if that is the case, because my cream does not smell like anything.

on 5/7/2007 6:51:00 PM

This gel leaves a film on your skin. I'm a big fan of the Hyrda-C ComplexE skincare line, but not of this cream.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Beautifully light lotion. Moisturizes and doesnt leave my skin greasy. A definite A+!

on 12/29/2004 5:00:00 PM

I bought this for a real steal at Shopper's Drugmart for $20 Cdn which included this moisturizer, the eye cream, and foaming cleanser. Normally retails for around $20 I think. Nice tingly feeling, and the menthol is nice and cooling feeling. However, that may irritate more sensitive skins. This cream did make my face feel silky soft, but it was nowhere near hydrating enough for my very dry skin during the winter. I will retry in the summer though, when my skin is more normal. I think the nice cooling feeling would be lovely then. I don't think I would repurchase if full price though. I agree with previous reviewers, there probably isn't enough vitamin C or E to make a difference.

on 4/27/2004 5:33:00 PM

This moisturizer contains menthol, which can be extremely irritating. I had to wash it off as soon as I put it on, and immediately returned it. It's definitely not for sensitive skin!