Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

I got this on sale for super cheap ($5), because I thoughtwhat the heck? Can't go wrong with a $5 moisturizer. I previously used Clinique Moisture Surge and I love the "gel" consistency. This is also a gel-like consistency, but heavier than that of Clinique's MS.
It feels very "rich" and kind of thick going on, but it sinks in IMMEDIATELY and leaves absolutely no residue or oily skin or anything. My skin feels very comfortable and hydrated. I have sensitive skin, and after a month of use, I have not noticed any breakouts or rashes or problems. Overall, it's a great moisturizer and I will re-purchase, even at regular price (which is still very reasonable, $24).

on 11/28/2006 7:14:00 PM

I just bought the Hydra-C line. I work at Shoppers and this is an Xmas gift set, so I figured I'd give it a whirl since I like to use products that are cruelty free (marcelle is, they state it on their site). Anyways, this is a nice moisturizer, but just a SMIDGEN not enough moisture for my cheeks in the winter, although I'm sure this would be perfect for me in the summer. It absorbed quickly and my skin is soft. This is suitable for normal to slightly dry or slightly oily skin.

on 2/14/2005 7:13:00 PM

I also bought this product in the Hydra-C Complex E pack with foaming cleanser and eye gel. I really like this moisturizer. I have acne-prone/sensitive skin and i dont think this moisturizer has bothered my skin at all. I use it only at night after washing w/ the foaming cleanser and i love the texture of it. I also adore the glass-like jar it comes in. Very sturdy and refined-looking! I found this moisturizer did a great job of moisturizing my face, no dryness after applying it. I think it works better when you apply it when your skin is still a little damp, same w/ other moisturizers.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This moisturizer delivers a lot of promises on the label, but falls terribly short in delivery. I failed to notice that it contains alcohol denat., a very drying ingredient. Also, the menthyl lactate creates a slight burning sensation upon application. I thought that the inclusion of great ingredients like antioxidants and shea butter would provide a good winter time moisturizer, but I was quite wrong. This stuff was terribly drying. For $18.95, I felt like I was ripped off!

I also got this product in a gift pack and love it. I've never been able to find something for my combination/sensitive skin that doesn't cause me to either break out in blemishes or break out in a rash. It's working great for me in the winter so hopefully it will still be ok for the summertime. Wish it had SPF in it.

on 4/29/2004 5:47:00 PM

this product is very good. the menthol in the cream takes some geting used to, just make sure it isn't anywhere near your eyes. i find it very soothing to my skin. my sister used this too, after she had an unfortunate run-in with the aveeno products containing salicylic acid- they chewed her face right up. the marcelle cream soothed her skin, and restored it to what it was pre-aveeno. a nice cream for combination skin gals.

on 4/3/2004 4:09:00 PM

Oooh I love this moisturizer.. my friends call me the product queen b/c I own SO many diff't moisturizers.. now I'm hooked on this one. I have combination skin with a tendency to break out. Since I started using the Hydra C-complexe line.. my skin has cleared up complete and is soft and moisturized! Nice texture of the cream.. I just wish it wasn't in a jar.. I hate jars!

Popular Moisturizers