Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

No Image

4.4

on 11/7/2010 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this cream after I came home from buying the Dior Hydralife Sorbet Creme, I felt a little sick thinking about the price (first time, I think :P) and decided to go to Walmart and return the Dior. I came across this cream and decided that for $13.99 it is worth a try. This cream is absolute love. It moisturizes well, leave a glow and doesn't look shiny at all. My t-zone is particularly prone to getting oily and this moisturizer keeps everything in balance. It serves as a great base for my makeup and another plus is that it sinks in fast. I have noticed my complexion is brighter but I have been using a Vitamin C serum on and off while using this cream too so I'm not sure if it's from the cream alone. As well, I have experiences no irritation or breakouts and my skin is very reactive. I will definitely continue to explore this line!!

Btw this review is for the Hydra-C 24H Moisturizing Gel-cream Dry Skin. I think they are changing the packaging and this is what it says on mine.

on 4/19/2010 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have sensitive skin, with both a bit of acne on my chin and cheeks and super dry patches on my forehead and around my nose. This product seems to make my skin feel soothed anywhere I apply it. Other moisturizers left a gross film on my skin, but this one doesn't. You also don't need to apply too much to feel it working. I never stuck by a face moisturizer before I bought this.

Marcelle doesn't test on animals and this is really important to me when buying cosmetics.

on 5/26/2007 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I can't wear this product often. Sometimes, my sensitive skin can't stand it. When my cheeks are dry, I put the cream on and it moisturizes my skin. I won't recommend this cream for someone who have a sensitive skin.

on 4/3/2004 4:09:00 PM

Oooh I love this moisturizer.. my friends call me the product queen b/c I own SO many diff't moisturizers.. now I'm hooked on this one. I have combination skin with a tendency to break out. Since I started using the Hydra C-complexe line.. my skin has cleared up complete and is soft and moisturized! Nice texture of the cream.. I just wish it wasn't in a jar.. I hate jars!

on 2/5/2004 9:54:00 AM

I cannot use a lot of moisturizers with extra ingredients. This one has been re-purchased many times. It does go on sale. The full price at SDM is $16.95.

It is a gel-cream that absorbs quickly and does not feel greasy. Very soothing feeling after cleansing face.

It is perfume free. The amount of C
is probably not enough for any benefit as 1) it is not stable (glass jar) and I doubt that the amount or % is high enough.

Anyhow this is a basic moisturizer that I can use with no blotchiness or breakouts. It asborbs quickly and does not feel heavy. Suitable for normal to oily skins. Probably not enough moisture for drier skins.

List of ingredients:

Aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, laureth 7, cyclomethicone, glycerin,
butyrospermum parkii, shea butter,
biosaccharide gum-1, alcohol denat,
propylene glycol, menthyl lactate,
diazolidinyl urea, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, tocopheryl acetate, panthenol, benzophenone-4, triethanolamine, citric acid, idopropynl butylcarbamate, c1 15985, c1 17200

www.marcelle.com