Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

No Image

4.3

on 4/22/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great product. It's just moisturizing enough for my dry skin and the gel consistency makes it easy to absorb and not greasy. I notice a nice glow to my skin the next morning when I use it, so I've been using almost every night for awhile now. Other than the brightening effect, I haven't noticed other effects but it doesn't promise other effects anyway. It's a great basic face cream! Avoid using in morning though as vitamin C and E will lead to spots under the sun. Packaging is a nice small jar.

I got this on sale for super cheap ($5), because I thought…what the heck? Can't go wrong with a $5 moisturizer. I previously used Clinique Moisture Surge and I love the "gel" consistency. This is also a gel-like consistency, but heavier than that of Clinique's MS.
It feels very "rich" and kind of thick going on, but it sinks in IMMEDIATELY and leaves absolutely no residue or oily skin or anything. My skin feels very comfortable and hydrated. I have sensitive skin, and after a month of use, I have not noticed any breakouts or rashes or problems. Overall, it's a great moisturizer and I will re-purchase, even at regular price (which is still very reasonable, $24).

on 9/2/2010 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this cream for over a year.
The reason I stick to this one is because I have a really sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have tried even natural products but they make my skin too oily, leading to acne. So, I don't want to experiment with my skin any more and I am happy sticking to this one. I find it a bit expensive, I guess $22 CAD. But its hypo allergenic and gel-bases, so its worth.
One thing I would like to mention is that IT IS GREASY. Most people say its not, but trust me It is. I can never wear it while going out, or under my make-up. What I do is I apply it at night ( although it tells you to wear it in the morning). If my skin is feeling dry during the day, I apply it for a while and then rinse it before I go out. It does its job meanwhile.

on 6/14/2009 3:16:00 PM

I have just starting using this cream about 1 month ago and it might not be enough time for me to give a proper review..but I love this cream!Im another combo skin type and yes,I will repurchase this again.I use the hydra-C line but I also only use this cream at night,after I use the Marcelle cleanser after my shower.It does not break me out,it leaves my skin soft..BUT..this is so far.Maybe upon using this product for awhile,say,3-4 months,my review could change.I hope not:)Im curious to know how it will work in the winter.We shall see:)

When I started to use this product I was not sure how it would turn out. I have combination skin with the tendency to breakout. Ever since I used this product, my skin has cleared up quite a bit, it is a lot more radiant and glows. It is a good moisturizer for my skin in the cold, dry winter months. I have not used it during the summer yet, something to try. I find that this product will work best if your skin is cleaned twice daily and exfoliated at least twice a week. The dead skin cell when not exfoliated prevents the skin from absorbing the moisturizer. So exfoliate according to your skin type. Another note, if your cream smells weird, it maybe an indication that it is over due. I would return it if that is the case, because my cream does not smell like anything.

on 5/7/2007 6:51:00 PM

This gel leaves a film on your skin. I'm a big fan of the Hyrda-C ComplexE skincare line, but not of this cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a light moisturizer that's indeed a gel-cream, and such consistency can be very refreshing on hotter days. It's not rich enough for winter, so folks with seriously dry skin should not even bother with this product. Regarding the claims of Vitamin C & E...I seriously doubt there are enough of those around to make a visible difference. To me this is just a basic light moisturizer my sensitive, acne-prone oily skin really likes. Like all Marcelle products this is perfume-free, which is one of the reasons why I have no negative reaction to this product. The only caveat would be the price; I got mine on sale for around $12 CAD, but still that's a tad expensive for a basic cream.