Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

No Image

3.7

on 4/8/2012 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use this for 2 years now and i've never had a problem with it moisturize my skin perfectly and don't make my skin oily . Its a little bit expensive but it last for like 1 years ! I like it because there's an spf 15 in and i moisturize for 24 hours . I don't really like the packagin because if you don,t wash your hand and your face before they coul be bacteria in it but i always put it after my shower so its okay and this packaging left no waste . I reccomend it and i will buy this product again .

I bought this moisterizer as a recommendation from a friend that suffers from acne roseacia. I'd been using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisterizer for almost 10 years and picked this one up for convenience.

What a mistake. It's fine generally, however caused ugly uncomfortable rash on my eyelids near my brows.

I have pretty awsome skin especially for my age, never had any real problems. Usually use basic skin care regimen. I will definately NOT be purchasing this product again.

I do understand though what works for some does not necessarily works for others. Like I said my friend loves this stuff and she's always had problem skin, this stuff is one of the only moisterizers she's been able to use.

on 7/23/2007 8:57:00 AM

This cream has a weird smell even by it being fragrance-free. Does give you a glow but leaves a film and i started to get some pimples with time...Wont repurchase....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This gel was somewhat absorbed by my skin. This does occasionally burn and make my eyes water if I put on just a bit much. As to moistrizing, it really doesn't do much. It is light and didn't give me breakouts. I did wake up with pretty nice looking skin when I use it as a night cream. I kind of like the whole concept Vitamin C and other ingredients. Nonetheless, I still feel that there are many other moistrizers out there for me to try. Perhaps I'll buy this again but as of now, no.

on 11/28/2006 7:14:00 PM

I just bought the Hydra-C line. I work at Shoppers and this is an Xmas gift set, so I figured I'd give it a whirl since I like to use products that are cruelty free (marcelle is, they state it on their site). Anyways, this is a nice moisturizer, but just a SMIDGEN not enough moisture for my cheeks in the winter, although I'm sure this would be perfect for me in the summer. It absorbed quickly and my skin is soft. This is suitable for normal to slightly dry or slightly oily skin.

I also got this product in a gift pack and love it. I've never been able to find something for my combination/sensitive skin that doesn't cause me to either break out in blemishes or break out in a rash. It's working great for me in the winter so hopefully it will still be ok for the summertime. Wish it had SPF in it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a light moisturizer that's indeed a gel-cream, and such consistency can be very refreshing on hotter days. It's not rich enough for winter, so folks with seriously dry skin should not even bother with this product. Regarding the claims of Vitamin C & E...I seriously doubt there are enough of those around to make a visible difference. To me this is just a basic light moisturizer my sensitive, acne-prone oily skin really likes. Like all Marcelle products this is perfume-free, which is one of the reasons why I have no negative reaction to this product. The only caveat would be the price; I got mine on sale for around $12 CAD, but still that's a tad expensive for a basic cream.

Popular Moisturizers