Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
No Image

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! I have the worst acne prone skin ever, super oily but super sensitive. This is one of the only creams that do not break me out. Idk why people are saying that it's greasy... It's not at all. Super light and gets absorbed really fast, and my complexion always glows in the morning. I feel that the ingredients are less harsh, too. I hope they never discontinue this line, it's really great (wanted to get the gel versiOn next but it was discontinued, boo).

on 4/22/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great product. It's just moisturizing enough for my dry skin and the gel consistency makes it easy to absorb and not greasy. I notice a nice glow to my skin the next morning when I use it, so I've been using almost every night for awhile now. Other than the brightening effect, I haven't noticed other effects but it doesn't promise other effects anyway. It's a great basic face cream! Avoid using in morning though as vitamin C and E will lead to spots under the sun. Packaging is a nice small jar.

on 9/2/2010 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this cream for over a year.
The reason I stick to this one is because I have a really sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have tried even natural products but they make my skin too oily, leading to acne. So, I don't want to experiment with my skin any more and I am happy sticking to this one. I find it a bit expensive, I guess $22 CAD. But its hypo allergenic and gel-bases, so its worth.
One thing I would like to mention is that IT IS GREASY. Most people say its not, but trust me It is. I can never wear it while going out, or under my make-up. What I do is I apply it at night ( although it tells you to wear it in the morning). If my skin is feeling dry during the day, I apply it for a while and then rinse it before I go out. It does its job meanwhile.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This gel was somewhat absorbed by my skin. This does occasionally burn and make my eyes water if I put on just a bit much. As to moistrizing, it really doesn't do much. It is light and didn't give me breakouts. I did wake up with pretty nice looking skin when I use it as a night cream. I kind of like the whole concept Vitamin C and other ingredients. Nonetheless, I still feel that there are many other moistrizers out there for me to try. Perhaps I'll buy this again but as of now, no.