Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.9

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This face moisturizer was a huge disappointment. Everything about it really didn't work for me. The formula was way to thick and made my skin extremely oily and peeled right off my face after a feel hours- it looked terrible. I wasn't impressed by the packaging either, it came in a bulky plastic container and the lid was hard to screw on. I really thought I would enjoy this after all the good things I'd heard about it but I really wasn't at all impressed. I do not recommend this, especially to people with oily skin.

I got this on sale for super cheap ($5), because I thoughtwhat the heck? Can't go wrong with a $5 moisturizer. I previously used Clinique Moisture Surge and I love the "gel" consistency. This is also a gel-like consistency, but heavier than that of Clinique's MS.
It feels very "rich" and kind of thick going on, but it sinks in IMMEDIATELY and leaves absolutely no residue or oily skin or anything. My skin feels very comfortable and hydrated. I have sensitive skin, and after a month of use, I have not noticed any breakouts or rashes or problems. Overall, it's a great moisturizer and I will re-purchase, even at regular price (which is still very reasonable, $24).

I really enjoyed using this product on my skin because it left it soft with a glowing shine... not a shine that I found greasy. The product was not out of this world or anything with an amazing texture but it was okay.. Although I do have to say that the price is outrageous an I do not like the packaging because it is glass and hard to travel with. I don't mind that it is in a pot because I mean who puts on moisturizer without clean hands?

I would not buy this product again because I am looking for a more natural moisturizer because it is much better for your skin to have a natural moisturizer because your skin is the biggest organ in your body.. ya da ya da ya da

on 11/7/2010 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this cream after I came home from buying the Dior Hydralife Sorbet Creme, I felt a little sick thinking about the price (first time, I think :P) and decided to go to Walmart and return the Dior. I came across this cream and decided that for $13.99 it is worth a try. This cream is absolute love. It moisturizes well, leave a glow and doesn't look shiny at all. My t-zone is particularly prone to getting oily and this moisturizer keeps everything in balance. It serves as a great base for my makeup and another plus is that it sinks in fast. I have noticed my complexion is brighter but I have been using a Vitamin C serum on and off while using this cream too so I'm not sure if it's from the cream alone. As well, I have experiences no irritation or breakouts and my skin is very reactive. I will definitely continue to explore this line!!

Btw this review is for the Hydra-C 24H Moisturizing Gel-cream Dry Skin. I think they are changing the packaging and this is what it says on mine.

on 12/31/2009 7:45:00 AM

My skin is combination extreme....very oily t-zone and very dry (dehydrated) everywhere else. I bought this to use as a night cream because during the day I can only wear a very strong sunscreen. I needed something to help with fine lines and something to soothe my dry flaky parts so that I could apply foundation in the morning on well hydrated skin.

I've been using this product for a week now and it is doing the job perfectly! It has a nice light feel, no scent, and it absorbs very well. I will buy this again, the price is right 18$ CAD

on 8/3/2009 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

* I am reviewing the regular gel-cream.

I love this stuff. I haven't been using it for very long and will update if anything changes, but so far this stuff rocks! I originally bought it to use as a night cream, but I ended up loving it so much that I use it in the mornings now too. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin. The menthol in this doesn't bother me, and so far no irritation, burning, or best of all - no breakouts. It is the perfect consistency for me. Sinks in and leaves no greasy layer. I've been really dry due to a really bad sunburn last weekend, and since using this stuff, my face is super soft and the flakes are gone. I've used probably every moisturizer on the shelf, and this is by far my favourite.

* UPDATE (08/13/09): unfortunately, I believe this stuff has made me break out. I got small grainy bumps all over my upper lip, chin, and then forehead. Two days ago I stopped using it the bumps are disappearing. Sad :( I really loved how this stuff felt on my face.

on 6/14/2009 3:16:00 PM

I have just starting using this cream about 1 month ago and it might not be enough time for me to give a proper review..but I love this cream!Im another combo skin type and yes,I will repurchase this again.I use the hydra-C line but I also only use this cream at night,after I use the Marcelle cleanser after my shower.It does not break me out,it leaves my skin soft..BUT..this is so far.Maybe upon using this product for awhile,say,3-4 months,my review could change.I hope not:)Im curious to know how it will work in the winter.We shall see:)

I was looking for a night moisturizer with vitamin E, and this seems the right product, since I use Marcelle multi-defense lotion and it's hypoallergic, maybe this will work.
At first, there is a weird stinging and burning sensation, then I searched for its ingredient, found it's menthol, which was supposed to give me the cooling sensation. But after awhile, I felt this moisturizer is pretty good. My face felt velvety and really moist, and I feel this gel-cream can be absorbed really well, no greasy feeling at all like all other moisturizers.
However I'm still not sure whether it helps my complexion and it's a little pricey.

When I started to use this product I was not sure how it would turn out. I have combination skin with the tendency to breakout. Ever since I used this product, my skin has cleared up quite a bit, it is a lot more radiant and glows. It is a good moisturizer for my skin in the cold, dry winter months. I have not used it during the summer yet, something to try. I find that this product will work best if your skin is cleaned twice daily and exfoliated at least twice a week. The dead skin cell when not exfoliated prevents the skin from absorbing the moisturizer. So exfoliate according to your skin type. Another note, if your cream smells weird, it maybe an indication that it is over due. I would return it if that is the case, because my cream does not smell like anything.

on 7/23/2007 8:57:00 AM

This cream has a weird smell even by it being fragrance-free. Does give you a glow but leaves a film and i started to get some pimples with time...Wont repurchase....