Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

4.1

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This face moisturizer was a huge disappointment. Everything about it really didn't work for me. The formula was way to thick and made my skin extremely oily and peeled right off my face after a feel hours- it looked terrible. I wasn't impressed by the packaging either, it came in a bulky plastic container and the lid was hard to screw on. I really thought I would enjoy this after all the good things I'd heard about it but I really wasn't at all impressed. I do not recommend this, especially to people with oily skin.

I got this on sale for super cheap ($5), because I thoughtwhat the heck? Can't go wrong with a $5 moisturizer. I previously used Clinique Moisture Surge and I love the "gel" consistency. This is also a gel-like consistency, but heavier than that of Clinique's MS.
It feels very "rich" and kind of thick going on, but it sinks in IMMEDIATELY and leaves absolutely no residue or oily skin or anything. My skin feels very comfortable and hydrated. I have sensitive skin, and after a month of use, I have not noticed any breakouts or rashes or problems. Overall, it's a great moisturizer and I will re-purchase, even at regular price (which is still very reasonable, $24).

on 4/19/2010 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have sensitive skin, with both a bit of acne on my chin and cheeks and super dry patches on my forehead and around my nose. This product seems to make my skin feel soothed anywhere I apply it. Other moisturizers left a gross film on my skin, but this one doesn't. You also don't need to apply too much to feel it working. I never stuck by a face moisturizer before I bought this.

Marcelle doesn't test on animals and this is really important to me when buying cosmetics.

on 12/31/2009 7:45:00 AM

My skin is combination extreme....very oily t-zone and very dry (dehydrated) everywhere else. I bought this to use as a night cream because during the day I can only wear a very strong sunscreen. I needed something to help with fine lines and something to soothe my dry flaky parts so that I could apply foundation in the morning on well hydrated skin.

I've been using this product for a week now and it is doing the job perfectly! It has a nice light feel, no scent, and it absorbs very well. I will buy this again, the price is right 18$ CAD

on 6/14/2009 3:16:00 PM

I have just starting using this cream about 1 month ago and it might not be enough time for me to give a proper review..but I love this cream!Im another combo skin type and yes,I will repurchase this again.I use the hydra-C line but I also only use this cream at night,after I use the Marcelle cleanser after my shower.It does not break me out,it leaves my skin soft..BUT..this is so far.Maybe upon using this product for awhile,say,3-4 months,my review could change.I hope not:)Im curious to know how it will work in the winter.We shall see:)

I was looking for a night moisturizer with vitamin E, and this seems the right product, since I use Marcelle multi-defense lotion and it's hypoallergic, maybe this will work.
At first, there is a weird stinging and burning sensation, then I searched for its ingredient, found it's menthol, which was supposed to give me the cooling sensation. But after awhile, I felt this moisturizer is pretty good. My face felt velvety and really moist, and I feel this gel-cream can be absorbed really well, no greasy feeling at all like all other moisturizers.
However I'm still not sure whether it helps my complexion and it's a little pricey.

on 5/26/2007 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I can't wear this product often. Sometimes, my sensitive skin can't stand it. When my cheeks are dry, I put the cream on and it moisturizes my skin. I won't recommend this cream for someone who have a sensitive skin.

This is a nice facial moisturizer but not the best IMHO. Not moisturizing enough for that time of the year. Consequently, I can't really use it as a day moisturizer, but I've found that it works pretty well as a gentle night cream. I have combination skin and it doesn't make my T-zone oilier but leaves my cheeks slightly too thigh when used as a day cream. Doesn't seem to break me out either. It might not be that effective on a very dry skin though.

I really like its consistency: not too thick, a bit creamy yet light enough. Very refreshing! And it's also quickly absorbed by the skin and leaves it soft. And I'm glad it has no scent!

My only major complaint would be the jar container, it's not very hygienic.

I would purchase it again. This is a good product, excellent quality and it doesn't irritate my skin.

UPDATE August 9, 2005: I came back 2 days ago from Europe, I wasn't home for 3 months and therefore I did not use this product for 3 months. At night, I was about to apply this moisturizer when I noticed that it smelled like sour milk. Yuck. I left it in my bathroom and my b/f told me that we had an abnormaly hot weather while I wasn't home, that might have caused my moisturizer to turn sour. Now I am not sure I would buy it again... continued >>

on 2/14/2005 7:13:00 PM

I also bought this product in the Hydra-C Complex E pack with foaming cleanser and eye gel. I really like this moisturizer. I have acne-prone/sensitive skin and i dont think this moisturizer has bothered my skin at all. I use it only at night after washing w/ the foaming cleanser and i love the texture of it. I also adore the glass-like jar it comes in. Very sturdy and refined-looking! I found this moisturizer did a great job of moisturizing my face, no dryness after applying it. I think it works better when you apply it when your skin is still a little damp, same w/ other moisturizers.

on 4/29/2004 5:47:00 PM

this product is very good. the menthol in the cream takes some geting used to, just make sure it isn't anywhere near your eyes. i find it very soothing to my skin. my sister used this too, after she had an unfortunate run-in with the aveeno products containing salicylic acid- they chewed her face right up. the marcelle cream soothed her skin, and restored it to what it was pre-aveeno. a nice cream for combination skin gals.