Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

No Image

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! I have the worst acne prone skin ever, super oily but super sensitive. This is one of the only creams that do not break me out. Idk why people are saying that it's greasy... It's not at all. Super light and gets absorbed really fast, and my complexion always glows in the morning. I feel that the ingredients are less harsh, too. I hope they never discontinue this line, it's really great (wanted to get the gel versiOn next but it was discontinued, boo).

on 4/22/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great product. It's just moisturizing enough for my dry skin and the gel consistency makes it easy to absorb and not greasy. I notice a nice glow to my skin the next morning when I use it, so I've been using almost every night for awhile now. Other than the brightening effect, I haven't noticed other effects but it doesn't promise other effects anyway. It's a great basic face cream! Avoid using in morning though as vitamin C and E will lead to spots under the sun. Packaging is a nice small jar.

on 4/8/2012 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use this for 2 years now and i've never had a problem with it moisturize my skin perfectly and don't make my skin oily . Its a little bit expensive but it last for like 1 years ! I like it because there's an spf 15 in and i moisturize for 24 hours . I don't really like the packagin because if you don,t wash your hand and your face before they coul be bacteria in it but i always put it after my shower so its okay and this packaging left no waste . I reccomend it and i will buy this product again .

I got this on sale for super cheap ($5), because I thought…what the heck? Can't go wrong with a $5 moisturizer. I previously used Clinique Moisture Surge and I love the "gel" consistency. This is also a gel-like consistency, but heavier than that of Clinique's MS.
It feels very "rich" and kind of thick going on, but it sinks in IMMEDIATELY and leaves absolutely no residue or oily skin or anything. My skin feels very comfortable and hydrated. I have sensitive skin, and after a month of use, I have not noticed any breakouts or rashes or problems. Overall, it's a great moisturizer and I will re-purchase, even at regular price (which is still very reasonable, $24).

on 4/19/2010 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have sensitive skin, with both a bit of acne on my chin and cheeks and super dry patches on my forehead and around my nose. This product seems to make my skin feel soothed anywhere I apply it. Other moisturizers left a gross film on my skin, but this one doesn't. You also don't need to apply too much to feel it working. I never stuck by a face moisturizer before I bought this.

Marcelle doesn't test on animals and this is really important to me when buying cosmetics.

on 8/3/2009 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

* I am reviewing the regular gel-cream.

I love this stuff. I haven't been using it for very long and will update if anything changes, but so far this stuff rocks! I originally bought it to use as a night cream, but I ended up loving it so much that I use it in the mornings now too. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin. The menthol in this doesn't bother me, and so far no irritation, burning, or best of all - no breakouts. It is the perfect consistency for me. Sinks in and leaves no greasy layer. I've been really dry due to a really bad sunburn last weekend, and since using this stuff, my face is super soft and the flakes are gone. I've used probably every moisturizer on the shelf, and this is by far my favourite.

* UPDATE (08/13/09): unfortunately, I believe this stuff has made me break out. I got small grainy bumps all over my upper lip, chin, and then forehead. Two days ago I stopped using it the bumps are disappearing. Sad :( I really loved how this stuff felt on my face.

on 6/14/2009 3:16:00 PM

I have just starting using this cream about 1 month ago and it might not be enough time for me to give a proper review..but I love this cream!Im another combo skin type and yes,I will repurchase this again.I use the hydra-C line but I also only use this cream at night,after I use the Marcelle cleanser after my shower.It does not break me out,it leaves my skin soft..BUT..this is so far.Maybe upon using this product for awhile,say,3-4 months,my review could change.I hope not:)Im curious to know how it will work in the winter.We shall see:)

When I started to use this product I was not sure how it would turn out. I have combination skin with the tendency to breakout. Ever since I used this product, my skin has cleared up quite a bit, it is a lot more radiant and glows. It is a good moisturizer for my skin in the cold, dry winter months. I have not used it during the summer yet, something to try. I find that this product will work best if your skin is cleaned twice daily and exfoliated at least twice a week. The dead skin cell when not exfoliated prevents the skin from absorbing the moisturizer. So exfoliate according to your skin type. Another note, if your cream smells weird, it maybe an indication that it is over due. I would return it if that is the case, because my cream does not smell like anything.

This is a perfect spring/summer/autumn moisturizer for my combination/oily skin. It's soothing and refreshing and extremely gentle. My face is wonderfully soft in the morning. Even though I have acne-prone skin, I never break out - which is a Marcelle strength anyway. I would definitely buy this gel-cream again.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Beautifully light lotion. Moisturizes and doesnt leave my skin greasy. A definite A+!