Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

No Image

3.8

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This face moisturizer was a huge disappointment. Everything about it really didn't work for me. The formula was way to thick and made my skin extremely oily and peeled right off my face after a feel hours- it looked terrible. I wasn't impressed by the packaging either, it came in a bulky plastic container and the lid was hard to screw on. I really thought I would enjoy this after all the good things I'd heard about it but I really wasn't at all impressed. I do not recommend this, especially to people with oily skin.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff burn like crazy!!!!!
I hate it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This moisturizer delivers a lot of promises on the label, but falls terribly short in delivery. I failed to notice that it contains alcohol denat., a very drying ingredient. Also, the menthyl lactate creates a slight burning sensation upon application. I thought that the inclusion of great ingredients like antioxidants and shea butter would provide a good winter time moisturizer, but I was quite wrong. This stuff was terribly drying. For $18.95, I felt like I was ripped off!

on 4/27/2004 5:33:00 PM

This moisturizer contains menthol, which can be extremely irritating. I had to wash it off as soon as I put it on, and immediately returned it. It's definitely not for sensitive skin!

I bought this moisterizer as a recommendation from a friend that suffers from acne roseacia. I'd been using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisterizer for almost 10 years and picked this one up for convenience.

What a mistake. It's fine generally, however caused ugly uncomfortable rash on my eyelids near my brows.

I have pretty awsome skin especially for my age, never had any real problems. Usually use basic skin care regimen. I will definately NOT be purchasing this product again.

I do understand though what works for some does not necessarily works for others. Like I said my friend loves this stuff and she's always had problem skin, this stuff is one of the only moisterizers she's been able to use.

on 7/23/2007 8:57:00 AM

This cream has a weird smell even by it being fragrance-free. Does give you a glow but leaves a film and i started to get some pimples with time...Wont repurchase....

on 9/2/2010 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this cream for over a year.
The reason I stick to this one is because I have a really sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have tried even natural products but they make my skin too oily, leading to acne. So, I don't want to experiment with my skin any more and I am happy sticking to this one. I find it a bit expensive, I guess $22 CAD. But its hypo allergenic and gel-bases, so its worth.
One thing I would like to mention is that IT IS GREASY. Most people say its not, but trust me It is. I can never wear it while going out, or under my make-up. What I do is I apply it at night ( although it tells you to wear it in the morning). If my skin is feeling dry during the day, I apply it for a while and then rinse it before I go out. It does its job meanwhile.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am reviewing the 24H Dry Skin gel-cream (there's one for normal skin which I have also tried and I prefer that one).

I found this causes more problems to my skin and makes it drier. I'm not sure why, when it's supposed to provide more moisture than the regular one.

If you want to try it, I suggest starting out with the normal-skin one, NOT the 24H Dry Skin one, even if you have dry skin. There is something weird about the dry skin formula.

on 5/26/2007 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I can't wear this product often. Sometimes, my sensitive skin can't stand it. When my cheeks are dry, I put the cream on and it moisturizes my skin. I won't recommend this cream for someone who have a sensitive skin.

on 5/7/2007 6:51:00 PM

This gel leaves a film on your skin. I'm a big fan of the Hyrda-C ComplexE skincare line, but not of this cream.