Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

No Image

3.8

on 9/2/2010 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this cream for over a year.
The reason I stick to this one is because I have a really sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have tried even natural products but they make my skin too oily, leading to acne. So, I don't want to experiment with my skin any more and I am happy sticking to this one. I find it a bit expensive, I guess $22 CAD. But its hypo allergenic and gel-bases, so its worth.
One thing I would like to mention is that IT IS GREASY. Most people say its not, but trust me It is. I can never wear it while going out, or under my make-up. What I do is I apply it at night ( although it tells you to wear it in the morning). If my skin is feeling dry during the day, I apply it for a while and then rinse it before I go out. It does its job meanwhile.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! I have the worst acne prone skin ever, super oily but super sensitive. This is one of the only creams that do not break me out. Idk why people are saying that it's greasy... It's not at all. Super light and gets absorbed really fast, and my complexion always glows in the morning. I feel that the ingredients are less harsh, too. I hope they never discontinue this line, it's really great (wanted to get the gel versiOn next but it was discontinued, boo).

I got this on sale for super cheap ($5), because I thoughtwhat the heck? Can't go wrong with a $5 moisturizer. I previously used Clinique Moisture Surge and I love the "gel" consistency. This is also a gel-like consistency, but heavier than that of Clinique's MS.
It feels very "rich" and kind of thick going on, but it sinks in IMMEDIATELY and leaves absolutely no residue or oily skin or anything. My skin feels very comfortable and hydrated. I have sensitive skin, and after a month of use, I have not noticed any breakouts or rashes or problems. Overall, it's a great moisturizer and I will re-purchase, even at regular price (which is still very reasonable, $24).

on 11/7/2010 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this cream after I came home from buying the Dior Hydralife Sorbet Creme, I felt a little sick thinking about the price (first time, I think :P) and decided to go to Walmart and return the Dior. I came across this cream and decided that for $13.99 it is worth a try. This cream is absolute love. It moisturizes well, leave a glow and doesn't look shiny at all. My t-zone is particularly prone to getting oily and this moisturizer keeps everything in balance. It serves as a great base for my makeup and another plus is that it sinks in fast. I have noticed my complexion is brighter but I have been using a Vitamin C serum on and off while using this cream too so I'm not sure if it's from the cream alone. As well, I have experiences no irritation or breakouts and my skin is very reactive. I will definitely continue to explore this line!!

Btw this review is for the Hydra-C 24H Moisturizing Gel-cream Dry Skin. I think they are changing the packaging and this is what it says on mine.

on 4/19/2010 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have sensitive skin, with both a bit of acne on my chin and cheeks and super dry patches on my forehead and around my nose. This product seems to make my skin feel soothed anywhere I apply it. Other moisturizers left a gross film on my skin, but this one doesn't. You also don't need to apply too much to feel it working. I never stuck by a face moisturizer before I bought this.

Marcelle doesn't test on animals and this is really important to me when buying cosmetics.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am reviewing the 24H Dry Skin gel-cream (there's one for normal skin which I have also tried and I prefer that one).

I found this causes more problems to my skin and makes it drier. I'm not sure why, when it's supposed to provide more moisture than the regular one.

If you want to try it, I suggest starting out with the normal-skin one, NOT the 24H Dry Skin one, even if you have dry skin. There is something weird about the dry skin formula.

on 7/13/2004 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Excellent product! I've used many different products from more expensive brands such as Clinique and Estee Lauder and this moisturizer has been by far the best for my combination skin. It absorbs very well into my skin and does not cause break outs like others I've tried. Marcelle's entire skin line is very good, and though I am not so fond of their makeup line(especially the colours for their blushes) I will continue to by this moisturizer, especially in the winter!

on 4/27/2004 5:33:00 PM

This moisturizer contains menthol, which can be extremely irritating. I had to wash it off as soon as I put it on, and immediately returned it. It's definitely not for sensitive skin!

on 4/3/2004 4:09:00 PM

Oooh I love this moisturizer.. my friends call me the product queen b/c I own SO many diff't moisturizers.. now I'm hooked on this one. I have combination skin with a tendency to break out. Since I started using the Hydra C-complexe line.. my skin has cleared up complete and is soft and moisturized! Nice texture of the cream.. I just wish it wasn't in a jar.. I hate jars!

on 4/22/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great product. It's just moisturizing enough for my dry skin and the gel consistency makes it easy to absorb and not greasy. I notice a nice glow to my skin the next morning when I use it, so I've been using almost every night for awhile now. Other than the brightening effect, I haven't noticed other effects but it doesn't promise other effects anyway. It's a great basic face cream! Avoid using in morning though as vitamin C and E will lead to spots under the sun. Packaging is a nice small jar.