Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
No Image

3.7

I bought this moisterizer as a recommendation from a friend that suffers from acne roseacia. I'd been using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisterizer for almost 10 years and picked this one up for convenience.

What a mistake. It's fine generally, however caused ugly uncomfortable rash on my eyelids near my brows.

I have pretty awsome skin especially for my age, never had any real problems. Usually use basic skin care regimen. I will definately NOT be purchasing this product again.

I do understand though what works for some does not necessarily works for others. Like I said my friend loves this stuff and she's always had problem skin, this stuff is one of the only moisterizers she's been able to use.

on 6/11/2007 11:52:00 AM

I use this in the summer only as it's not moisturizing enough for the winter. It leaves my skin glowing but not greasy. It has improved the texture and evened out the colour of my skin. It is somewhat sticky to the touch and sometimes it does sting if I get it into my eyes. But I still haven't been able to find something better. I use the 24hr Dry Skin version and have never tried the regular Hydra-C ComplexE. Overall I'm still hoping to find something I can use all year and that has SPF but this is good for now.

on 2/5/2004 9:54:00 AM

I cannot use a lot of moisturizers with extra ingredients. This one has been re-purchased many times. It does go on sale. The full price at SDM is $16.95.

It is a gel-cream that absorbs quickly and does not feel greasy. Very soothing feeling after cleansing face.

It is perfume free. The amount of C
is probably not enough for any benefit as 1) it is not stable (glass jar) and I doubt that the amount or % is high enough.

Anyhow this is a basic moisturizer that I can use with no blotchiness or breakouts. It asborbs quickly and does not feel heavy. Suitable for normal to oily skins. Probably not enough moisture for drier skins.

List of ingredients:

Aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, laureth 7, cyclomethicone, glycerin,
butyrospermum parkii, shea butter,
biosaccharide gum-1, alcohol denat,
propylene glycol, menthyl lactate,
diazolidinyl urea, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, tocopheryl acetate, panthenol, benzophenone-4, triethanolamine, citric acid, idopropynl butylcarbamate, c1 15985, c1 17200

www.marcelle.com