Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

on 11/28/2006 7:14:00 PM

I just bought the Hydra-C line. I work at Shoppers and this is an Xmas gift set, so I figured I'd give it a whirl since I like to use products that are cruelty free (marcelle is, they state it on their site). Anyways, this is a nice moisturizer, but just a SMIDGEN not enough moisture for my cheeks in the winter, although I'm sure this would be perfect for me in the summer. It absorbed quickly and my skin is soft. This is suitable for normal to slightly dry or slightly oily skin.

on 12/29/2004 5:00:00 PM

I bought this for a real steal at Shopper's Drugmart for $20 Cdn which included this moisturizer, the eye cream, and foaming cleanser. Normally retails for around $20 I think. Nice tingly feeling, and the menthol is nice and cooling feeling. However, that may irritate more sensitive skins. This cream did make my face feel silky soft, but it was nowhere near hydrating enough for my very dry skin during the winter. I will retry in the summer though, when my skin is more normal. I think the nice cooling feeling would be lovely then. I don't think I would repurchase if full price though. I agree with previous reviewers, there probably isn't enough vitamin C or E to make a difference.

on 7/13/2004 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Excellent product! I've used many different products from more expensive brands such as Clinique and Estee Lauder and this moisturizer has been by far the best for my combination skin. It absorbs very well into my skin and does not cause break outs like others I've tried. Marcelle's entire skin line is very good, and though I am not so fond of their makeup line(especially the colours for their blushes) I will continue to by this moisturizer, especially in the winter!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a light moisturizer that's indeed a gel-cream, and such consistency can be very refreshing on hotter days. It's not rich enough for winter, so folks with seriously dry skin should not even bother with this product. Regarding the claims of Vitamin C & E...I seriously doubt there are enough of those around to make a visible difference. To me this is just a basic light moisturizer my sensitive, acne-prone oily skin really likes. Like all Marcelle products this is perfume-free, which is one of the reasons why I have no negative reaction to this product. The only caveat would be the price; I got mine on sale for around $12 CAD, but still that's a tad expensive for a basic cream.