AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

3.7

on 1/10/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

So i bought this due to the good reviews as i wanted something to help with my KP, sigh.... I don't see why it has to be so expensive.... really. but whatever, if it works i wouldnt mind paying a little extra for it.
so i got the big bottles and i pumped a few pumps and rubbed it on my upper arms. i noticed this stuff was so TACKY it would not absorb... and it smelled like GLUE, yes. GLUE.... and it BUrned my arms, it stung i have no idea why, i went to sleep, i woke up with red arms, i thought this was just the effect of the lotion, didnt think anything of it and slapped some more on after my morning shower, again, stinging, glue, red. So eventually after a day or two i went to the doctor (this was to confirm that i had eczema and KP, i didnt know about it back then) she told me i had a violent allergic reaction to this. my whole arm and inner part of my arm where i had used the lotion was RED and itchy. She told me this was a strange and rare reaction because normally it works so well for most people, she told me to stay away from this. which i intend to do so... sigh continuing the search to reduce the redness of my kp...
i wouldnt recommend this to those with sensitive skin

edit:strangely i had better luck with lachydrin 5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I keep forgetting to write a review on this fabulous product! One day I ran out of my AH Souffle and figured I could go another week without using it since I have to order it online. Umm...wrongo! By day 2 my skin looked dull and i got a few zits that I needed to get rid of fast.

I researched AmLactin in the past and always kept it in my "products to try" list so that day I headed down to Walgreens and purchased the 8 oz lotion. (i've not tried the cream formula, i probably will never get around to it) After 5 days my skin was back to being clear and my glow was back! I know someone would be wary of using a BODY LOTION on their face but there are no known pore cloggers in the ingredients and my thought process was "if it works for keratosis pilaris, why couldn't it work for acne?" Well, it DOES!
This is my current night moisturizer and even spot treatment sometimes in the morning.
It makes me look super greasy after applying it even though I don't glob it on. Just a quarter+dime size amount is more than enough for my face. I avoid applying to my eyes because, ouch, it stings. Also since I use it practically every night it does eventually start to sting around your nose, so I avoid applying around there as well.

A small recent example of how well AmLactin works:
After using Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid sunblock for 2.5 weeks, I found my whole jaw area and my forehead/temples CLOGGED to hell. I stopped using it a week ago and went to AmLactin to hopefully save me. It purged a few of the zits (some are still healing, but very quickly) and just completely got rid of some others. I'm still working on getting this outbreak clear but after this now I KNOW that this little $26 lotion is a gem. A fabulous drugstore hidden gem. It's not very cosmetically elegant, the packaging is so boring, but dammit it works and that's great enough for me.

oh, and of course an added bonus: it fades acne marks so much better than the souffle ever did ;)

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Amlactin 12% moisturizing creme a few nights ago at Walgreens. I have had KP for my entire life. It got better when I was about 16, but I'm 23 now, I just had a baby, and my KP looks worse than ever before.
I (like most KP sufferers) desperately try to improve my KP, but I'm used to being disappointed and penniless after purchasing products that don't work or seem to make my KP look worse.
So far, I have applied this creme two-three times daily. Immediately after applying it, my KP looks a bit redder than it did pre-application, but after a few hours my red polka dots look smaller, lighter, and certainly are smoother in texture.
This is the most promising product I have ever used. I am going to continue it twice daily until I run out, and if this progress continues, I think we may have found the best KP solution there is!