AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

on 4/27/2015 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have atopic dermatitis (or eczema) and my dermatologist recommended this to me. I have been using this for 4 years, and I LOVE it. It helps to moisturize and remove those dark rough patches from scratching my arms and legs out. But beware, DO NOT USE THIS AFTER YOU SHAVE. It will STING. The first year of using it it stung so badly, but now I'm used to it. I just love it. Weirdly, in summer it's a bit too heavy to the point my arms and legs are sweating (which I don't do) and in winter it's just too light ( I have to use a body butter over it). But if you have normal skin, you will be okay.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I bought this because I have KP and was hoping this would help me get rid of it. I have a mild/moderate case on my upper arms and mild on my upper thighs.
Unfortunately this did nothing for my KP. I bought the big bottle at Costco and I used it 1-2x everyday, for over a month. My KP is still there while the bottle is empty. I'm so disappointed, I really hope to find something to get rid of my KP.
It's ok as just a moisturizer. My skin is not very dry, so most body lotions are enough for me.

on 2/20/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Overall, good product.
It definitely smooths out my skin and makes it feel a lot less bumpy. However, I have KP (like many of the people here) and this unfortunately did not get rid of them. I was not expecting a complete removal but was hoping that they would subside at least. It mostly just got rid of the redness and made it smoother. Would repurchase unless I found a better product.

on 2/18/2009 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Update as on Sep 1 2009...lotion for extra dry skin, advaced healing therapy lotion.. if all this sounds familiar and kind of familiar under your sink in the bathroom..just count the money on unused products we have spent on!

I am trying to cut my costs in skin maintenance and upkeep that i was trying to figure out what would be my best products everytime i used..i vaseline, bag balm....no retinol stuff but amlactin. like in my earlier review it helps my alligator skin and VERY RECENTLY found that a small pea sized amount in the night on a clean face is perfect for a clear glowy skin. I am resorting to a philosphy is i can get a product which works muyltiple uses...is reasonably priced and available reasonably at stores (and also FSA a/c deductible!!!), why the hell should i try any other product for a huge amt of money...

I recommend this 100%. Smell is a thing to worry for a couple of minutes of application..may be add some rose water or something nice to combat the effect.

The one and only thing which helped my alligator skin (my body)..i have a weird skin system..face is combination to oily and rest of thebody is alligator dry.

The price is worth it instead of buying so many lotions and creams and not getting effective results. so am prepared to shell out money on this product.

I hate the smell and the runny consistency..anyway this works for me great..my skin is soft BUT i found that when i stopped using this lotion, the dry skin came back with a vengeance. So this should be used for maintenance too, learnt it the hard way.

It is a FSA (flexible spending account) listed product. so if you are stashing money in fsa ac each year, you can use your pretax dollars for it, saves something right?

Popular Lotions / Creams