AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%
AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After the first application, my hands look 5 years younger! My skin is sooo soft...not looking back...I've tried Cerave, all kinds of expensive drug store lotion and finally I've found the lotion that will moisturize, exfoliate, and make skin look younger

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My doctor recommended AmLactin to me for the keratosis pilaris on my upper arms. At first I used it intermittently and did not see any results. Recently I have begun to use it after every shower, and I definitely see an improvement on my KP. My arms feel much smoother, although the redness is still there. It definitely did not work right away, but I can tell that it's getting better the more I use it. So, to those who are wavering for lack of immediate results, I say stick with it for a bottle. Also, the smell reeks, but it disappears very quickly. All in all I'm happy so far.

I have KP on the backs of my arms and butt. I've asked doctors for a solution and they could not even tell me what it was. I figured it out with internet/magazines. This lotion showed results in the first week and now I've been using it for awhile and my arms have never been smoother. So happy!

on 12/17/2009 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This summer I went to the doctor to see how to deal with my bacne, which had gotten pretty bad and was bothering me a lot. To my surprise, she told me it wasn't bacne but KP. She told me to "exfoliate a lot". I already use scrubby mitts in the shower almost every day so I didn't really understand how I could possibly exfoliate more than I already do. Thanks to MUA I was turned on to lactic acid as a treatment for KP. I read the reviews, and they had AmLactin 12% at my local CVS, available without a prescription, for $15.79. I've never used body lotion before because I thought it was causing my "bacne", so it's a little strange for me. But I have to say this stuff definitely helps! Like the previous poster said, SLATHER it on. When I use this regularly it really helps heal the bumps. It's still pretty bumpy back there at the momnt because it had gotten really bad, but the KP on my arms is mostly gone and I'm hoping my back will clear up almost completely. On the negative side, it does reek of ammonia. I've found the smell stays for quite a while. Also, it takes a long, long time to sink in. I wouldn't wear this during the day for both these reasons, so I have another shower at night to put it on. Overall I think this is a great product for KP and the pros definitely outweigh the cons! But I did take off one lippie for the smell and time commitment involved.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I've taken one lippie off because the smell of the acid in the cream is strong. But the 12% concentration is great for softening my rough feet. I like to apply this to my feet at night and let it soak in for a minute or two. I cover that with Nivea cream and some socks. My feet stay baby soft. I also use it on my elbows at night in the winter and it takes the flaky-rough feel away.

on 12/5/2007 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What's the big deal about using this on your face? seriously Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA Souffle is the same thing, and I don't hear people freaking out about that. So what, it's not marketed for use on the face? There are many, many products that aren't, but people don't seem to be hung up about using them on their faces. Anyway, I ran out of the Devita 'high performace aha' I normally use on my skin, and decided to give this a try while I was waiting for my new bottle of Devita to arrive in the mail. honestly I'm going to return the Devita when it arrives because this works just as well and is about 1/2 the price and I don't have to order it online. It did feel feel sticky on skin, but eh...live with it. I don't like mineral oil, but eh...live with it. it has a funky smell, but...eh, not a big deal. Normally those things would be deal breakers, but the product works so well to smooth my skin, moisturize it, and reduce uneven skin tone that I'm willing to over look it. ETA: I think this is what caused my skin to get contact dermatitis, and then cystic acne (which I haven't had a problem with in well over a year). I will stick to using this on my body and go back to the Devita AHA for my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I prefer Vaseline Healthy Body Complexion. This stuff feels like past-due tanning lotion to me: runny, tacky, smelly, and doesn't sink into your skin. Everything is sticking to me. Also: expensive.

UPDATE: I'm recanting because it is in fact excellent on KP. Just have to use it at night, as I still feel like I've rubbed something unmentionable all over my body. At least my skin is very smooth when I wake up.

on 9/25/2004 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Get the prescription stuff (LacHydrin). I have horrible keratosis pilaris on my arms and, uh, posterior and the OTC stuff did NOT work at all for me. My pharmacist told me AmLactin and LacHydrin were the same (when their ingredient lists are different)when my derm wrote my Rx. I am so angry because I lived with the ugly bumps for five years (read: my arms looked like pizza, long sleeves in the summer). Then I got a bottle of the prescription stuff a few months ago in a last ditch effort to save my skin. I use it ONLY TWICE A WEEK and my KP -what was considered a serious adult case- is GONE. Run, do not walk, to your dermatologist for the Rx real deal.

Popular Lotions / Creams