AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have keratosis pilaris on my legs (basically super dry skin bumps.) None of those intense repair and super moisturizing lotions did A THING. Suddenly, it got really bad. My legs were full of red, itchy/painful bumps!! It actually looked like psoriasis or something. I started using my lotions. Those made them smooth for maybe an hour or two, but just stayed on the surface and did nothing to get rid of the bumps. I didn't want to have to go to the dermatologist, so I bought this b/c I heard such great things, and the derm probably would have recommended it anyway. WOW. THIS IS THE BEST LOTION I HAVE EVER USED! I have only been using it for a few days, so I'll edit when my legs are more used to it. The bumps' redess and size was greatly reduced by the FIRST DAY. This stuff is wonderful. When using it on my body, I apply it twice a day, when I wake up and before bed. Every other day, I'll use a body scrub to exfoliate the dead skin. After, I apply Amlactin. Warning- it does sting! In a good way, though, haha.) I have light acne and decided to try this on my face. It had alpha hydroxy acid, which is supposed to work wonders for acne. I haven't been using it long, but so far so good. I haven't broken out (crossing fingers,) and it hasn't made me oily. This is definitely a keeper :)

EDIT- This ended up being very harsh for my skin. Also, I went through the bottle way too fast for it to be worth it, especially because it was making my skin worse :( It cased my face to break out as well as my legs. Now I'm on Cetphil Restoraderm. It works bery well and is much gentler!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased the 14.1 oz bottle (with a pump, yes!!) at Walgreen's, around 6 months ago. It is a little expensive - but it's worth it. If you really think about it though, it's a lotion with 12% AHA at 14.1 oz - I don't remember how much it was exactly, I think it was a little over $20. I know the 8 oz is $16.99. If you divide that by the amount you'd pay for an AHA cream (Let's say $5+ for a 1-2 oz jar) it's actually a pretty good value.. $1+ an oz. And actually, I just checked CVS' website and the reg price for their 8 oz bottle is $14.99. So you may want to shop around first. If you purchase this, make sure to USE THE COUPON on AmLactin's website. You'll save a couple of dollars (http://www.amlactin.com/coupon.html). *** The main reason I purchased this lotion is because of the Keratosis Pilaris (KP) I've had on my upper arms all of my life. I actually never knew I had KP, until someone pointed it out. If you're not familiar with what it is, it's tiny colorless bumps that look like goosebumps - the area can look a little rosy pink as well. They tend to appear less in the heat, and more in the cold. It's very common esp. if you have dry skin or eczema. Mine isn't bad, but I'd like to keep it under control. This really helps. Also, genetically I have coarse hair - and I tend to get ingrown on my legs from shaving - that appear as little bumps.. and I sometimes feel like I never get a smooth shave because of it. This helps exfoliate your skin and lets those little hairs pop out. This is effective on my knees and elbows as well. I actually, sometimes even use it on my face to help fade blemish scars. Love this stuff and I highly recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you have KP (Keratosis Pilaris) this is the stuff to use. No, it doesn't smell pretty. No, the bottle isn't attractive, but it makes YOU look pretty and to me that is all that counts in the long run. No more bumps on my arms, thighs, bum or lower back.

I noticed a difference within 24 hours of using it. It's funny, because for a few months I stopped using it, then started again and I noticed the distinct difference in my skin right away. AmLactin made me look healthier, more toned and smooth overall, and I've had KP for 22 years!

I found out about this product on here and I've been using it for my skin condition on my legs. I am not sure if it's KP or folliculitus or dermatitus. I get horrible itchy skin and severe bumps, redness. This stuff seems to control it. My legs aren't perfect but I would say 80% improvement. The bottle from Costco is a great price. I also use PC 2% which works about the same but is too expensive.