AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.4

on 5/6/2016 12:58:00 PM

I have quite bad KP. If you don't know what that is, to put it very simply; red bumps that appear (for me) on the lower legs and upper arm area. They are very red and noticeable on my pale skin so I tend to stay away from showing these areas when i'm out and about. I have tried almost everything from exfoliating, to coconut oils and the latter. I read numerous blogs and posts on how to eliminate these annoying bumps and Amlactin kept making its appearance however, living in the UK it's much more expensive to purchase, it was around £25, and to be honest for a body lotion I was internally screaming but I was so ready to get rid of the bumps so I bit my tongue and bought it off of Amazon.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks and I do see a noticeable difference. The red bumps on my upper arms are fading/ disappearing. The red bumps are much less angry in appearance on my legs also and I do believe the longer I use this product I will continue to see pretty good results. It is doing the job and I cannot fault the results but there are some things that are quite annoying. For instance, the smell is quite off putting when applied, it takes a bit of work to rub into the skin or else it will remain on top rather than sink in and lastly it takes a few minutes afterwards to dry - I find that it's quite greasy.

I definitely would say if you have KP, this is worth a try. Some simply don't moisturise enough and can deal with a simply body cream, but if you find nothing works, this could be the last hope.

on 2/8/2016 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the best if you have rough skin/KP.

Pros:
- AHA exfoliates and gets rid of little bumps
- Moisturizes well, even in the winter

Cons:
- Kind of smells like glue. It does still have a subtle scent after a few hours, but only if you smell closely
- Can sting if you have little cuts or broken skin
- Can be a little sticky, but not enough to bother me throughout the day
- Packaging is simple, but hard to travel with: you have to push the pump down (losing product) and twist to lock
- Not cheap. I've only bought it at Costco, so I don't know if it goes on sale anywhere else

In the end, this is the only thing that has had an effect on my KP, other than physical exfoliation with a scrubby nylon cloth, so I will definitely repurchase (and be super upset if it's discontinued).

on 8/24/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE Amlactin. For a reasonable price (and for a product you can find at the drugstore), my skin feels softer, looks much more even, and the appearance of my scars have diminished.

I decided to try this product because I love using alpha hydroxy acid on my face to exfoliate, and wanted to get the same results on my body. I also had some minor scarring on my legs that I wanted to fade.

The lotion itself is hard to completely rub in, doesn't smell fruity and delicious, sort of burns to put on after you shave, and kind of sticks with you for awhile after application (so putting on clothes is semi-difficult), but the after-effects are WORTH IT. After a couple days of use, my skin was 10x softer, looked much more even, and I started to see my scars fade.

I will continue to purchase this product, and I hope you all give it a try!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Add me to the list of raving reviewers. This is one of my favorite moisturizers, and I've since turned my mother, father, and grandmother onto this product. With that said, if you absolutely can't stand slightly tacky lotions that leave a film and have a generic chemical scent, this product isn't for you. I am completely willing to overlook all of that though given AmLactin's effectiveness and price.

I have dehydrated-normal skin that responds especially well to lactic acid. AmLactin is my go-to body moisturizer when I need some all-over chemical exfoliation either due to dryness, ingrown hairs or breakouts. I also especially like it on my feet because no matter how often I go at my soles with a pumice stone and moisturize, they also look dry and cracked. However, with AmLactin they look normal, even touchable. Since I've turned my mother onto AmLactin, I can see a visible difference in her feet which were previously dry and cracked for as long as I can remember.

Overall, if you don't mind a tacky film and a somewhat unpleasant fragrance in your lotions, AmLactin is worth a look.

on 9/20/2013 12:52:00 PM

I have very bad acne and this does not break my face out it helps control breakouts . it has also faded my post hyperpigmentation from previous acne marks ! and improved my skin tone . if your just starting start slow then use daily. it is lactic acid lotion after all . I will buy this again

After a ton of researching on the internet, I came across this lotion to help me with the small bumps on my upper arms (keratosis pilaris). This lotion works so well! I used it for about 2 weeks like everyone else and I immediately saw the results. I now have smooth upper arms, super smooth! I totally recommend this!

on 5/6/2012 7:25:00 PM

I swear by this lotion! I had really bad bumps on my legs that would never go away but once I started using this lotion they cleared up in 2 weeks! My skin is soft, and most importantly bump free! If you happen to stop using the product the bumps will occur again and take another 2 weeks to go away. That's the only problem with this lotion but other than that works like a charm!

on 4/10/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

My dermatologist reccomended amlactin to me for hyperpigmentation on my arms due to bug bites. I would give the product a 5 if I could use it everywhere but I can't. (I'll get to that later)

Amlactin is a decent moisturizer. I find Aveeno to be superior in that regard but as product that reduces hyperpigmentation and clears dark marks, it's absolutely amazing. I have brown skin and this has worked so quickly to fade the marks on my arms that I tried it on my face but soon realized that it was too greasy for that. I also cannot use it on my feet as it does not moisturize as well as I would like.

on 1/26/2012 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Iv been using this on and off for my KP for 4 years now. I love it, got rid of the KP on my arms and thighs and im now tempted to use it for my breakouts, ill review if it works for that.
When I first started using it it did burn a little and leave skin red and dry, use it every other day untill your skin is used to it. Now my skin is smooth and the red marks and scars from me scratching them off are all gone ( I was a picker. Very bad! ) . It worked really well for me but like i said it takes time. I only use it every once in awhile now that my KP is under control. Love this stuff.

on 1/10/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

So i bought this due to the good reviews as i wanted something to help with my KP, sigh.... I don't see why it has to be so expensive.... really. but whatever, if it works i wouldnt mind paying a little extra for it.
so i got the big bottles and i pumped a few pumps and rubbed it on my upper arms. i noticed this stuff was so TACKY it would not absorb... and it smelled like GLUE, yes. GLUE.... and it BUrned my arms, it stung i have no idea why, i went to sleep, i woke up with red arms, i thought this was just the effect of the lotion, didnt think anything of it and slapped some more on after my morning shower, again, stinging, glue, red. So eventually after a day or two i went to the doctor (this was to confirm that i had eczema and KP, i didnt know about it back then) she told me i had a violent allergic reaction to this. my whole arm and inner part of my arm where i had used the lotion was RED and itchy. She told me this was a strange and rare reaction because normally it works so well for most people, she told me to stay away from this. which i intend to do so... sigh continuing the search to reduce the redness of my kp...
i wouldnt recommend this to those with sensitive skin

edit:strangely i had better luck with lachydrin 5