Filtered by eye Color : Blue
AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

4.4

I have suffered from moderate psoriasis on my hands to the point where, because of the open half-inch slits at the ends of my fingers, I could barely stand to use them. The pharmacist at my doctor's office recommended this cream. I bought the generic @ Walmart pharmacy for $8.

Amazing cream. Within 30 min. of first application (and after a little bit of stinging) my hands felt so much better. I may have FINALLY found something that really works. Thank goodness!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I use this only on my face. It feels too sticky on my arms and legs and takes too long to dry. On my face, it burns, really burns for more than a minute. Then, when it stops burning, it's fine - no smell, no tackiness, nothing. It's so moisturizing, i get no flakes even from Tazorac every 3rd night. I hope that as I continue to use it, I'll have skin like that of the lady in the pictures (reviewer Syrie) - dewy, luminous skin.

on 9/24/2013 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought a huge bottle of this at Costco for around $20, so although it's still kind of pricey for a body lotion, it wasn't outrageously priced. This lotion is amazing, as it simultaneously moisturizes and exfoliates my skin. Using it daily on my legs makes them glow more than the shimmery body lotion I used to use on them. Regular usage also helps to fight and prevent bikini bumps and keratosis pilaris. It does sting if I use it on broken skin, and it doesn't have the most pleasant smell, but the smell doesn't bother me. Overall, I really love this product.

Ingredients: Water, Lactic Acid Neutralized With Ammonium Hydroxide, Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose. continued >>

on 3/25/2013 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

AmLactin is a holy grail product for me. I live in the desert so my skin is dry and tight after I get out of the shower. I use AmLactin on my legs, arms, and hands - no more tightness and no more dryness! This product exfoliates my skin and I have even noticed my dry cuticles look and feel so smooth and healthy. This is a must for dry, scaly skin - I will never be without. The only minor downside is the smell - it smells of plastic but this eventually diminishes throughout the day. A must for healthy, glowy skin!

on 1/27/2013 9:57:00 PM

I bought AmLactin a month ago from Amazon. I bought a 17.6 ounce bottle and paid $19 plus shipping.

I initially purchased this because it supposed to be comparable to the very expensive face cream La Mer. I planned to use it all over my face. I also read that it is great for the bumps on the back of the arms caused from either ingrown hairs or clogged follicles.

I do not use it on my entire face because I think it did cause me to have zits the first few times I used it all over. However, when I use my at home chemical peel I follow it up with AmLactin on my cheeks. Amazing results! My cheeks are soooo smooth. I couldn't be happier! Following the peel, it does burn a bit, but I kind of like that. It will also burn on zits. The back of my arms...amazing! I am 30-years-old and have had red bumps on my arms since middle school. I thought it was just a way of life. THEY ARE GONE! I barely have a bump at all! I use it on my arms and legs daily. It also cleared up some razor burn I had on my legs right above my knee.

The packaging...who cares?? It's lotion! I highly recommend this for body and in moderation on your face.

on 7/14/2012 3:56:00 AM

Amazing stuff, just wish it didn't smell like cat pee...

This product works miracles. When I moved to new york my skin went to hell. It became so dry and itchy that I couldn't stop scratching it even though I was making myself bleed. I slathered myself with skin butters, oils, cortisone creams, anything I could get my hands on and this was the only thing that worked. It smells funny, but it exfoliates and moisturizes really well. Now my skin is back to its normal shiny healthy self again. It also helps make my feet soft, and I use it on my face now and then when my skin starts looking dull.

I have had extremely bad eczema on my back for nearly 20 years, and I have tried nearly everything from bleach baths (don't ask), to prescription creams and hydrocortisone. Until Amlactin the ONLY thing that helped was the hydrocortisone cream, but I didn't want to be a chronic user. So, like all the other "Guess I'll try this one and see" products, I bought this on a whim figuring it probably wouldn't work. HOLY COW!!! IT DOES!!! I cannot convey adequately what a night and day difference this has been! I went from a horrible looking and terribly itchy rash of bumps on my back to SMOOTH in less than a week! So then I decided to try it on my hairline before bed because I have what I think is eczema there too. I have scaly dandruff there, but apparently after one day, not anymore! I have never before encountered such a dramatic result in my life.

So, yes, as someone reviewed somewhere else, it does have a crayon smell, but for me it goes away quickly, and it only reminds me of kindergarten, so big deal. ;^) I am so encouraged that I've started using it all over...on my flaky legs, dry hard heels and patches of dryness on my face.

I will say that it is sticky feeling which does irritate my throat a bit (I also have sensitive skin to heat/moisture), so I've taken to night applications and showering it off in the morning.

The stinging? Well, that's the nature of the beast. That just tells me it's effective and working. I don't think you can get an effective AHA type product that doesn't sting a little.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I break out on my chest and back and this stuff really clears it up. The only problem i have is it doesnt smell that great but for smooth skin I think ill deal with it. I put it on my face too and it seems to smooth my skin up .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I think AmLactin does help my KP, but the lactic acid is too harsh for me to use it alone all over my face. I use it to moisturize my t-zone, no problem, but if I use it by itself on my cheeks, they feel tight and start flaking. I want to use AmLactin on my cheeks, though, because that's where my KP is. So what I do is first apply AmLactin, then apply some other moisturizer (like Cetaphil). It seems to decrease my KP and keep my skin soft. Don't expect a miracle, though.

Popular Lotions / Creams