AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

4.7

on 9/23/2015 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I moved to the Colorado mountains for a summer and found a bottle of this in the house I was renting. One day, in a moment of desperation, I applied it to my hands. My first thought after using it was, "Ermaghad! The old tenant filled this lotion bottle with some sort of ammonia-based cleaning fluid!," but the smell dissipated, I calmed down and read the ingredients label, and then noticed how great my hands felt.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover this product, especially after suffering many cold and dry northeastern winters as a kid. These days, I live in a warm climate and rarely use body lotion, but the Colorado air leaves my skin dry, tight, and itchy feeling, and the wimpy moisturizer I packed for my summer here just wasn't cutting it. Anyway, fast forward to three months later and I have totally used up mystery previous tenant's bottle of Amlactin. I'm not gonna lie, it smells pretty weird, but it works and I'm not a huge fan of fragrant products anyway. You're not supposed to use this on your face, but it worked so well on my body that I bought a night face cream containing lactic acid and that has done wonders for my complexion (I've discovered AHAs!) Also, I've been outdoors all summer and haven't experienced any sun sensitivity with this product, although I am an avid sunscreen user and I usually apply Amlactin at night.

I'm not going to be in the Centennial State for much longer, but if I ever find myself in a dry or cold climate again, you betcha I'll be repurchasing.

on 8/24/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE Amlactin. For a reasonable price (and for a product you can find at the drugstore), my skin feels softer, looks much more even, and the appearance of my scars have diminished.

I decided to try this product because I love using alpha hydroxy acid on my face to exfoliate, and wanted to get the same results on my body. I also had some minor scarring on my legs that I wanted to fade.

The lotion itself is hard to completely rub in, doesn't smell fruity and delicious, sort of burns to put on after you shave, and kind of sticks with you for awhile after application (so putting on clothes is semi-difficult), but the after-effects are WORTH IT. After a couple days of use, my skin was 10x softer, looked much more even, and I started to see my scars fade.

I will continue to purchase this product, and I hope you all give it a try!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Add me to the list of raving reviewers. This is one of my favorite moisturizers, and I've since turned my mother, father, and grandmother onto this product. With that said, if you absolutely can't stand slightly tacky lotions that leave a film and have a generic chemical scent, this product isn't for you. I am completely willing to overlook all of that though given AmLactin's effectiveness and price.

I have dehydrated-normal skin that responds especially well to lactic acid. AmLactin is my go-to body moisturizer when I need some all-over chemical exfoliation either due to dryness, ingrown hairs or breakouts. I also especially like it on my feet because no matter how often I go at my soles with a pumice stone and moisturize, they also look dry and cracked. However, with AmLactin they look normal, even touchable. Since I've turned my mother onto AmLactin, I can see a visible difference in her feet which were previously dry and cracked for as long as I can remember.

Overall, if you don't mind a tacky film and a somewhat unpleasant fragrance in your lotions, AmLactin is worth a look.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I use this only on my face. It feels too sticky on my arms and legs and takes too long to dry. On my face, it burns, really burns for more than a minute. Then, when it stops burning, it's fine - no smell, no tackiness, nothing. It's so moisturizing, i get no flakes even from Tazorac every 3rd night. I hope that as I continue to use it, I'll have skin like that of the lady in the pictures (reviewer Syrie) - dewy, luminous skin.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased the 14.1 oz bottle (with a pump, yes!!) at Walgreen's, around 6 months ago. It is a little expensive - but it's worth it. If you really think about it though, it's a lotion with 12% AHA at 14.1 oz - I don't remember how much it was exactly, I think it was a little over $20. I know the 8 oz is $16.99. If you divide that by the amount you'd pay for an AHA cream (Let's say $5+ for a 1-2 oz jar) it's actually a pretty good value.. $1+ an oz. And actually, I just checked CVS' website and the reg price for their 8 oz bottle is $14.99. So you may want to shop around first. If you purchase this, make sure to USE THE COUPON on AmLactin's website. You'll save a couple of dollars (http://www.amlactin.com/coupon.html). *** The main reason I purchased this lotion is because of the Keratosis Pilaris (KP) I've had on my upper arms all of my life. I actually never knew I had KP, until someone pointed it out. If you're not familiar with what it is, it's tiny colorless bumps that look like goosebumps - the area can look a little rosy pink as well. They tend to appear less in the heat, and more in the cold. It's very common esp. if you have dry skin or eczema. Mine isn't bad, but I'd like to keep it under control. This really helps. Also, genetically I have coarse hair - and I tend to get ingrown on my legs from shaving - that appear as little bumps.. and I sometimes feel like I never get a smooth shave because of it. This helps exfoliate your skin and lets those little hairs pop out. This is effective on my knees and elbows as well. I actually, sometimes even use it on my face to help fade blemish scars. Love this stuff and I highly recommend it.

on 2/2/2009 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HG, HG, HG!

I bought this to get ride of razor bumps on my legs, but ended up using it as a night time moisturiser on MUA recs (thanks girls!). I am 29, with normal to oily skin with some clogged pores in the T zone. And occassional hormonal pimples.

This lotion exfoliates amazingly well without drying out my skin. I like this much better than glycolic acid, which stung too much. I've been using this about three times a week (alternate with eluage) for a month. My skin is smooth, hydrated and clear in the mornings. I live in a tropical climate. This is not too oily if I use just a pea-size amount.

In the mornings, I use a Japanese sunblock enriched with zinc/titanium dioxide, and my skin looks great. Try it! If you don't like it, can always use on your legs and feet.

on 1/21/2009 4:51:00 PM

Thanks for introducing me to this product MUA! My skin was SO dry in winter and it was constantly itchy. None of my lotions could relieve the itchiness. This really helped moisturize my skin. It's a much better buy at Costco b/c you get a way bigger bottle for the same price as a smaller bottle at the drugstore.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I've taken one lippie off because the smell of the acid in the cream is strong. But the 12% concentration is great for softening my rough feet. I like to apply this to my feet at night and let it soak in for a minute or two. I cover that with Nivea cream and some socks. My feet stay baby soft. I also use it on my elbows at night in the winter and it takes the flaky-rough feel away.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

have kp and definitely made my arms moisturized and less gross looking...not a fan of the scent but i can live with it

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you have KP (Keratosis Pilaris) this is the stuff to use. No, it doesn't smell pretty. No, the bottle isn't attractive, but it makes YOU look pretty and to me that is all that counts in the long run. No more bumps on my arms, thighs, bum or lower back.

I noticed a difference within 24 hours of using it. It's funny, because for a few months I stopped using it, then started again and I noticed the distinct difference in my skin right away. AmLactin made me look healthier, more toned and smooth overall, and I've had KP for 22 years!