AmLactin 12%

4.2

on 12/12/2017 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought Amlactin for KP on my arms. It didn’t work for me. (MUAC glycolic body lotion does) But I still used it on my body because it’s an excellent moisturizer. In fact, of all the mainstream lotions and homemade exotic body butters/oils I’ve tried, this is the best moisturizer I’ve ever used. Hands down.

Then one day tried it on my face. I am NOT a fan of cream/lotion on my face, I hate them, really. I use oils to moisturize and cleanse and have been for a decade. But I really love the Amlactin!
If you have dry, flaky, dehydrated skin and you want to put something on that will absorb fully, leave your skin soft and plump and possibly do some work on tone and texture, this is it. Before using Amlactin, my face could stand to be moisturized with oils at least 2 times a day, maybe 3. It’s just dehydrated and can get dry. Amlactin leaves my skin soft and plump for like 24 hours. It banishes crepey-ness, any flakes, it plumps lines and is really helping with my skin tone.

Of course, it contains mineral oil and 12% ammonium lactate, and it’s very rich on the skin, so it’s probably not ideal for everyone. But I love it. Just a tiny bit, a dime size on freshly washed skin. It absorbs, doesn’t leave a silconey film. I don’t use it every day because I use other actives like Retin a, C E Ferulic and occasional Mandelic peels. Probably about 3-4 times a week.

Ounce for ounce it’s way cheaper than other lactic acid face creams, and I love how it leaves my skin. The MUAC glycolic body lotion works wonders on my KP, but it’s nowhere near as moisturizing and softening as Amlactin. I’ve ordered 2 more bottles recently because I love it that much. I use it head to toe.

I cant put into words how highly I recommend and love Amlactin. Put aside the Cerave and Ceptapil and E45, and try this.

It’s rated pretty well on cosdna, and reviewed highly on acne.org.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Made all the KP on my arms and legs go away in about 3 days. My skin has never been this soft - it's crazy smooth and I can't stop touching myself! This lotion takes some getting used to but it's worth it to stick it out. First, it doesn't smell great. It's an ammonia smell that doesn't quickly dissipate, but it does eventually fade away. I follow up with a layer of LUSH Karma Cream, a strongly scented lotion and that seems to solve the smell issue. Second, it's leaves skin tacky in the beginning and if you use too much. It took a solid month of everyday use for my skin to finally adjust or for me to figure out the perfect amount. Third, you have to shake the bottle well first, which I was not used to doing in the beginning. Now I'm a pro. I think manual exfoliation 3x/week (I like to use a Korean Italy Towel or a Japanese Hard Towel) also helps. Note I've manually exfoliated for years with mild improvement on KP, but the addition of AmLactin has finally been the magic bullet that has obliterated it. My only dissapointment is that I thought it would also help with "strawberry legs". There's been some very, very, very minor improvement, But nothing anyone would notice, but me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After the first application, my hands look 5 years younger! My skin is sooo soft...not looking back...I've tried Cerave, all kinds of expensive drug store lotion and finally I've found the lotion that will moisturize, exfoliate, and make skin look younger

on 2/8/2016 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the best if you have rough skin/KP.

Pros:
- AHA exfoliates and gets rid of little bumps
- Moisturizes well, even in the winter

Cons:
- Kind of smells like glue. It does still have a subtle scent after a few hours, but only if you smell closely
- Can sting if you have little cuts or broken skin
- Can be a little sticky, but not enough to bother me throughout the day
- Packaging is simple, but hard to travel with: you have to push the pump down (losing product) and twist to lock
- Not cheap. I've only bought it at Costco, so I don't know if it goes on sale anywhere else

In the end, this is the only thing that has had an effect on my KP, other than physical exfoliation with a scrubby nylon cloth, so I will definitely repurchase (and be super upset if it's discontinued).

on 8/24/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE Amlactin. For a reasonable price (and for a product you can find at the drugstore), my skin feels softer, looks much more even, and the appearance of my scars have diminished.

I decided to try this product because I love using alpha hydroxy acid on my face to exfoliate, and wanted to get the same results on my body. I also had some minor scarring on my legs that I wanted to fade.

The lotion itself is hard to completely rub in, doesn't smell fruity and delicious, sort of burns to put on after you shave, and kind of sticks with you for awhile after application (so putting on clothes is semi-difficult), but the after-effects are WORTH IT. After a couple days of use, my skin was 10x softer, looked much more even, and I started to see my scars fade.

I will continue to purchase this product, and I hope you all give it a try!

on 1/14/2015 10:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love to use this lotion on my feet. Not the most appealing product scent/packaging wise but great for dry skin. Works great on feet when wearing fuzzy socks overnight.

on 12/22/2014 4:47:00 PM

I really can't understand the positive reviews on this lotion. First, it reeks like ammonia. I wouldn't be able to get past that even if this was a good lotion. Second, it doesn't completely absorb--it leaves a sticky residue that is so bad, the last time I used it (which was literally the last time--I threw it away), I had to wash it off. But the most important thing for me is that it doesn't help at all with dryness or KP, which was why I bought it in the first place.

on 2/21/2014 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my go-to moisturizer, it works wonders on my dry, flaky, winter skin. I use it every day after the shower and my skin stays soft and moisturized all day. In addition to moisturizing it is working on the sun damage brown spots that have popped up on my legs and arms, they look lighter and my skin has a lovely glow. The high percentage of alpha hydroxy acid,12%, really works wonders. Just remember to use sun block when you are using any alpha hydroxy product.

The only drawback is the smell and the lingering stickiness. The smell is off-putting at first but the results are so good that I choose to overlook it. I don't have an issue with the stickiness as long as I wait a little before putting on my cloths.

Over a recent ski trip I ran out of my expensive facial moisturizer and used this on my face (yikes!), it worked so well for the dryness I am now using it when my facial skin is particularly dry. I do not have sensitive skin so maybe those of you who do should not try this but it sure works for me. I can't believe that there is not more hype about this product, maybe because there is no marketing. You could easily spend 3x as much on a moisturizer and not get such good results.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I use this only on my face. It feels too sticky on my arms and legs and takes too long to dry. On my face, it burns, really burns for more than a minute. Then, when it stops burning, it's fine - no smell, no tackiness, nothing. It's so moisturizing, i get no flakes even from Tazorac every 3rd night. I hope that as I continue to use it, I'll have skin like that of the lady in the pictures (reviewer Syrie) - dewy, luminous skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG for me. Most moisterizers are just fluff, they are loaded with preservatives and other ingredients that don't do much but smell good. This moisturizer DOES something. I have moderate KP, it gets really bad on my upper legs and this is the only thing that helps. A day without this, my skin feels rough. I am considering purchasing the Ultra though since I move to a drier climate.

Popular Lotions / Creams