AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

3.0

on 12/17/2009 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This summer I went to the doctor to see how to deal with my bacne, which had gotten pretty bad and was bothering me a lot. To my surprise, she told me it wasn't bacne but KP. She told me to "exfoliate a lot". I already use scrubby mitts in the shower almost every day so I didn't really understand how I could possibly exfoliate more than I already do. Thanks to MUA I was turned on to lactic acid as a treatment for KP. I read the reviews, and they had AmLactin 12% at my local CVS, available without a prescription, for $15.79. I've never used body lotion before because I thought it was causing my "bacne", so it's a little strange for me. But I have to say this stuff definitely helps! Like the previous poster said, SLATHER it on. When I use this regularly it really helps heal the bumps. It's still pretty bumpy back there at the momnt because it had gotten really bad, but the KP on my arms is mostly gone and I'm hoping my back will clear up almost completely. On the negative side, it does reek of ammonia. I've found the smell stays for quite a while. Also, it takes a long, long time to sink in. I wouldn't wear this during the day for both these reasons, so I have another shower at night to put it on. Overall I think this is a great product for KP and the pros definitely outweigh the cons! But I did take off one lippie for the smell and time commitment involved.

on 10/14/2009 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I like using AHA lotions on my body to keep it from drying out in colder temperatures and to keep it smooth. I bought this in a large size at Costco to use last winter. It's a runny, yogurt-smelling lotion that leaves you a bit sticky. It didn't really make an impression on me as an exfoliator but just struck me as a bland lotion. I realized that the pH makes this lotion unsuitable for great exfoliation and I stopped using it. My mom, however, who has really dry, sensitive skin and doesn't use anything on her body except water really likes this lotion. She claims it moisturizes her feet and cuticles.

Popular Lotions / Creams