AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

1 review

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I keep forgetting to write a review on this fabulous product! One day I ran out of my AH Souffle and figured I could go another week without using it since I have to order it online. Umm...wrongo! By day 2 my skin looked dull and i got a few zits that I needed to get rid of fast.

I researched AmLactin in the past and always kept it in my "products to try" list so that day I headed down to Walgreens and purchased the 8 oz lotion. (i've not tried the cream formula, i probably will never get around to it) After 5 days my skin was back to being clear and my glow was back! I know someone would be wary of using a BODY LOTION on their face but there are no known pore cloggers in the ingredients and my thought process was "if it works for keratosis pilaris, why couldn't it work for acne?" Well, it DOES!
This is my current night moisturizer and even spot treatment sometimes in the morning.
It makes me look super greasy after applying it even though I don't glob it on. Just a quarter+dime size amount is more than enough for my face. I avoid applying to my eyes because, ouch, it stings. Also since I use it practically every night it does eventually start to sting around your nose, so I avoid applying around there as well.

A small recent example of how well AmLactin works:
After using Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid sunblock for 2.5 weeks, I found my whole jaw area and my forehead/temples CLOGGED to hell. I stopped using it a week ago and went to AmLactin to hopefully save me. It purged a few of the zits (some are still healing, but very quickly) and just completely got rid of some others. I'm still working on getting this outbreak clear but after this now I KNOW that this little $26 lotion is a gem. A fabulous drugstore hidden gem. It's not very cosmetically elegant, the packaging is so boring, but dammit it works and that's great enough for me.

oh, and of course an added bonus: it fades acne marks so much better than the souffle ever did ;)