AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

4.8

on 3/23/2013 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On my 2nd bottle of this stuff..Great for those with KP..I have moderate KP on my arms and legs and this keeps it under control. It is also great on my feet and keeps my heels from being nasty and dry. I used this twice a day for the first week and now use it every other day to keep my KP away. Yes it doesn't smell very good but you have to remember that this is a chemical lotion and is suppose to treat skin, not make it smell good..plus the smell doesn't linger..my skin doesn't smell like anything after I use it. I will continue to repurchase this for my KP!

on 9/6/2012 5:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have absolutely no complaints about the performance of AmLactin. It works, and it works FAST. I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, and this lotion made my arms noticeably smoother within a few days. I find that I don't have to reapply it that often to maintain the results, either... at this point, I apply it before bed 2-3 times a week, and it keeps the bumps at bay.

I don't particularly like the texture of the lotion, however. It's very runny and it doesn't absorb into the skin very quickly. Also, it's fragrance-free, and the way it smells is... eh, not terrible, but certainly not pleasant. To get over the texture/smell issues, I like to mix 2 parts AmLactin with 1 part of a thicker, lightly scented body lotion before I apply it.

Great lotion. I've been suffering from a skin rash that spread from my mid back to all over my back, chest, stomach, and shoulders which has been going on for about a year now and nothing I tried before seemed to have any affect on it. After doing some research, this lotion kept coming up and I figured it doesn't hurt to try. I'm really glad I did. Though the rash and bumps are not completely gone, I do believe it is this lotion that stabilized the rash and kept it from growing further. The bumps have gone down exceedingly and the lotion has helped to heal my skin. The smell is kinda funky but its not overpowering.

on 11/9/2011 8:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm going to try something a little different with this review. I'm going to start off by explaining what I initially think about it, and then I'm going to come here week by week, to note any changes. A little about me, I normally don't use body moisturizer. There really is no need for me as I don't get dry. What I do need help with, is back acne. AHA is apparently wonderful for light to moderate cases of back acne. I'm using this product for that sole purpose. For face, and back acne. I just purchased AmLactin this afternoon. I just washed my face as normal, toned with Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel and then slathered this on my upper back, tops of shoulders, and a pea sized amount on my face. Initially I didn't think this product smelled too bad. I sniffed it from the bottle and it basically smelled like a slightly medicated lotion. I'm used to those smells. However when you put it on your body, the smell changes DRASTICALLY. I REEK of ammonia. I actually smell like a hair salon when they're dyeing someone's hair. It's a heavy ammonia smell coming off of my skin. It's been 10 minutes and I don't notice it fading. I also feel extremely sticky and tacky. I'm really not enjoying how this lotion feels. I do notice it starting to sink in, but the initial few minutes made me feel really gross. On my face I have a few acne, some which are open. This STINGS on broken skin... badly. Fortunately it faded fast, but it absolutely woke me up. I'm going to use this lotion every day for the next week. I will be back on November 16th with an update. ***I know I said I'd be back in a week, but the results are so drastic after 8 hours of sleeping that I had to post. I had extreme flaking on my face due to harsh facial washes I was using. All flakes are gone. The acne break out I had along my jaw line, although still there, is noticeably cleared and much smaller. My cheeks are glowing, my pores appear smaller, my skin is even toned, smooth. I don't want to jinx it. But it's phenomenal so far. Also, it did not cause an irritation outbreak on my shoulders or back. That says something b/c EVERYTHING breaks out my shoulders and back.

***** OK so It's been a week and one day and I can say that I really like this cream. I'm still not a fan of the scent, I slather it all over my shoulders and back and face at night and in the morning I use it on my face under makeup. My face has been 100% flake free since using this. I had a horrendous outbreak on my back, after a week, it's gone. I'm left with some slight scarring but eventually it will fade. This cream has not broken my face or body out at all. If anything it's healed my face and has made it extremely smooth, even toned, and looks flawless with makeup on. I'm convinced it's keeping my back outbreaks at bay, and I love that my skin isn't reacting to it. Will continue to rebuy.

on 8/22/2011 9:11:00 PM

This former prescription-only lotion is great for dry skin and really helps speed up the exfoliating process. The fragrance is a strong ammonia like formula but it doesn't linger. It isn't too creamy and blends easily.

Along with the AmLactin XL, this product is a holy grail item for me. I have it in use at all times, especially in the winter for my super dry skin. Since using this product, it has really kept my body from turning flaky and ashy.

Although I don't have the problem of KP, I hear that it helps heal them really well.

So far, I have found it is the cheapest at Costco $16.99 for 500ml.

on 5/2/2009 3:46:00 PM

Love the cream version of this product, though I wish it weren't so expensive (I think I paid about $13 USD for a rather small bottle at Walgreen's). I started getting small, skin-colored bumps on the outsides of my thighs, which I suppose could be KP, or maybe the lotion I've been using previously is too rich (?)... Within three days, my skin was completely smooth and moisturized. The smell doesn't bother me at all, and it fades completely after a few minutes anyway. Highly recommend if you need smoothing or exfoliation. Will repurchase.

i am a product junkie (who here isnt?) and this is the only thing that has worked on my badly kp ridden upper arms

it even smoothed bumpies on my butt and calfs :p

amazing, wish i had found this 10 years ago

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I prefer Vaseline Healthy Body Complexion. This stuff feels like past-due tanning lotion to me: runny, tacky, smelly, and doesn't sink into your skin. Everything is sticking to me. Also: expensive.

UPDATE: I'm recanting because it is in fact excellent on KP. Just have to use it at night, as I still feel like I've rubbed something unmentionable all over my body. At least my skin is very smooth when I wake up.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hands down, this is a must buy for me. This is a HG product. It has many uses.

I have KP on my arms and its extremely embarrassing. This helps to SOME degree but I have never found a product that heals it completely. Please page me, if if you know about anything that does!
What I do, is I scrub the back of my arms with a salcylic acid product in the shower with a loofah and then I get out of the shower and immediately apply this. It definitely helps to some degree.
Another use for this product is the skin on my face. I have dry skin that does get a few clogged pores every now and then. I wash my face and use this every night and it basically eliminates those clogged pores and it also helps remove fine lines and uneven rough texture that I have.
Do not use this near your eyes! and you must use a sunscreen daily with this product.
I am also trying this is a body moisturizer to see if it will work since i just moved into a house that has hard water and its really drying my skin out. I will post an update to see if it moisturizes better.

I purchased my huge bottle at Costco. I strongly suggest going there or checking a store similar to it to see if they have it. At Costco it is right in the beauty aisle. The pharmacist at Costco, says that the lotion is in the aisle and they also have a cream version that is available if you ask for it.
It is around $14 at Costco for this and definitely worth it, as it pretty large and if you find it works for you, you don't need to buy a nightly anti-aging lotion.

Popular Lotions / Creams