AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.2

on 2/8/2016 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the best if you have rough skin/KP.

Pros:
- AHA exfoliates and gets rid of little bumps
- Moisturizes well, even in the winter

Cons:
- Kind of smells like glue. It does still have a subtle scent after a few hours, but only if you smell closely
- Can sting if you have little cuts or broken skin
- Can be a little sticky, but not enough to bother me throughout the day
- Packaging is simple, but hard to travel with: you have to push the pump down (losing product) and twist to lock
- Not cheap. I've only bought it at Costco, so I don't know if it goes on sale anywhere else

In the end, this is the only thing that has had an effect on my KP, other than physical exfoliation with a scrubby nylon cloth, so I will definitely repurchase (and be super upset if it's discontinued).

After a ton of researching on the internet, I came across this lotion to help me with the small bumps on my upper arms (keratosis pilaris). This lotion works so well! I used it for about 2 weeks like everyone else and I immediately saw the results. I now have smooth upper arms, super smooth! I totally recommend this!

on 5/6/2012 7:25:00 PM

I swear by this lotion! I had really bad bumps on my legs that would never go away but once I started using this lotion they cleared up in 2 weeks! My skin is soft, and most importantly bump free! If you happen to stop using the product the bumps will occur again and take another 2 weeks to go away. That's the only problem with this lotion but other than that works like a charm!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have keratosis pilaris on my legs (basically super dry skin bumps.) None of those intense repair and super moisturizing lotions did A THING. Suddenly, it got really bad. My legs were full of red, itchy/painful bumps!! It actually looked like psoriasis or something. I started using my lotions. Those made them smooth for maybe an hour or two, but just stayed on the surface and did nothing to get rid of the bumps. I didn't want to have to go to the dermatologist, so I bought this b/c I heard such great things, and the derm probably would have recommended it anyway. WOW. THIS IS THE BEST LOTION I HAVE EVER USED! I have only been using it for a few days, so I'll edit when my legs are more used to it. The bumps' redess and size was greatly reduced by the FIRST DAY. This stuff is wonderful. When using it on my body, I apply it twice a day, when I wake up and before bed. Every other day, I'll use a body scrub to exfoliate the dead skin. After, I apply Amlactin. Warning- it does sting! In a good way, though, haha.) I have light acne and decided to try this on my face. It had alpha hydroxy acid, which is supposed to work wonders for acne. I haven't been using it long, but so far so good. I haven't broken out (crossing fingers,) and it hasn't made me oily. This is definitely a keeper :)

EDIT- This ended up being very harsh for my skin. Also, I went through the bottle way too fast for it to be worth it, especially because it was making my skin worse :( It cased my face to break out as well as my legs. Now I'm on Cetphil Restoraderm. It works bery well and is much gentler!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Okay, i originally bought this product for my mild KP, I've been applying it right after i get out of the shower, and it seems to be improving after only a week of use. The bumps on my legs have smoothed out a bit and the discoloration is fading more every time i use it. But the reason i LOVE this stuff is for my face. I had always had nice skin, small pores, and hardly any acne, but this winter my skin took a crap, turning rough, dull, and uneven, with large pores and a bit of acne. My face had never done this before and i could not figure out why for the life of me. I only recently realized that my skin became this way because the moisturizer i had been using for 3+ years and recently had to throw away contained AHA, so i decided to give this stuff a try. I put just a tiny bit on over the rough spots on my face, over a heavier moisturizer, and no joke, in 1 hour my skin already looked smoother and less dull. After 48 hours my skin looks about 75% better, my pores and have shrunk considerably, and all the rough skin has been smoothed out.
It's a little expensive for what you get, but it's so worth it if it keeps my skin looking healthy and beautiful. (:

on 4/26/2006 2:33:00 PM

Found this at a CVS sans prescription--yes! This is rather expensive (around 13 USD for a bottle) and not the most pleasant thing. It has that slightly sour AHA scent (though it is not fragranced) and makes the skin feel rather sticky for a long time after application. I have KP on my upper arms and this at night+oil after bathing and occasional manual exfoliation (don't always have time to do that) has really helped to smooth and soften my arms (though it hasn't entirely eliminated the problem and it comes back if I skip a step). So far, I've tried AmLactin 5, Neutrogena Skin Smoothing lotion and Vaseline Healthy Body lotion and the above combo. has worked the best for me.