AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

2.7

on 3/28/2018 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What I cannot stand about this lotion is not smelling like horse piss, but the finish. This is absolutely THE stickiest lotion I have ever used in my life. Even if this were the only moisturizer available in the world and my skin was bleeding out of dry cracked skin, I will not use this. How do other people tolerate having this on the skin everyday? I was excited to try this as my daily body lotion because although my face is good and clear, my back unfortunately is prone to cystic pimples and is covered in acne scars. The first time I tried this, I slathered a generous amount over my entire body and noticed that the finish was quite greasy and extremely sticky. I continued rubbing it into the skin hoping it will fully absorb and the sticky feeling will dissipate, and I walked around my house naked (sorry, TMI) because I couldn't imagine putting clothes on with this unpleasant, hot stickiness situation going on. I was naked for a good 25 minutes before I realized that the sticky feeling will not go away - it's not something that will absorb, but it will merely sit on the skin. Every time my arm or hair touched my neck and breast or whatever part of my skin that had the lotion on, they will momentarily "stick" to each other because of the tacky finish, and even though I had washed my hands, every time my hands would touch any part of my body, the tackiness will rub off on my hands and I would have to wash them again. After wasting a good 40 minutes with this nonsense, I ran back into the shower and rinsed my entire body.

I got back to reading more reviews about this (because I really wanted this lotion to work for my bacne) and other people seemed to recommend putting a small, thin layer of this and work it into the skin. Who has time for that in the morning anyway, but I decided to try the suggested method of application. I pumped a small amount of it onto my hand and worked a thin layer into my body by rubbing them in as if I were giving myself a rigorous massage. After waiting for about 10 minutes and still feeling tacky, I was brave enough to try putting on clothes. Big mistake. As soon as I put my underwear on, I felt like I had become a human lint roller, attracting every fiber of whatever fabric I had on my body. Rushed to the bathroom to take a second shower again and I won't give this another try.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this lotion, its the only thing that has made even the slightest difference to my chronic keratosis pilaris. It smooths out dry, flaky, bumpy skin and I noticed a big difference in only a week of use, since then the improvement has been slower but noticeable. It does have a slight scent but I've never been able to smell it once absorbed, in Europe it is also overpriced but that's the only negative! UPDATE: This is still wonderful for my KP, but not quite moisturizing enough in cooler weather so I either layer/alternate with Aveeno or Cetaphil and the results are still great!

on 11/8/2014 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought this to deal with my super dry legs in winter and brighten up a couple of scars I have from mosquito bites. It unfortunately leaves a film of oil on my skin, instead of completely absorbing, which I hate. It also burns real bad if you apply it after shaving your legs. I've also not seen and brightening effects on my scars. Basically, I just don't see what the hype is. I am going to finish the whole bottle and go with Glytone next.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My doctor recommended AmLactin to me for the keratosis pilaris on my upper arms. At first I used it intermittently and did not see any results. Recently I have begun to use it after every shower, and I definitely see an improvement on my KP. My arms feel much smoother, although the redness is still there. It definitely did not work right away, but I can tell that it's getting better the more I use it. So, to those who are wavering for lack of immediate results, I say stick with it for a bottle. Also, the smell reeks, but it disappears very quickly. All in all I'm happy so far.

on 10/14/2009 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I like using AHA lotions on my body to keep it from drying out in colder temperatures and to keep it smooth. I bought this in a large size at Costco to use last winter. It's a runny, yogurt-smelling lotion that leaves you a bit sticky. It didn't really make an impression on me as an exfoliator but just struck me as a bland lotion. I realized that the pH makes this lotion unsuitable for great exfoliation and I stopped using it. My mom, however, who has really dry, sensitive skin and doesn't use anything on her body except water really likes this lotion. She claims it moisturizes her feet and cuticles.

on 12/5/2007 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What's the big deal about using this on your face? seriously Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA Souffle is the same thing, and I don't hear people freaking out about that. So what, it's not marketed for use on the face? There are many, many products that aren't, but people don't seem to be hung up about using them on their faces. Anyway, I ran out of the Devita 'high performace aha' I normally use on my skin, and decided to give this a try while I was waiting for my new bottle of Devita to arrive in the mail. honestly I'm going to return the Devita when it arrives because this works just as well and is about 1/2 the price and I don't have to order it online. It did feel feel sticky on skin, but eh...live with it. I don't like mineral oil, but eh...live with it. it has a funky smell, but...eh, not a big deal. Normally those things would be deal breakers, but the product works so well to smooth my skin, moisturize it, and reduce uneven skin tone that I'm willing to over look it. ETA: I think this is what caused my skin to get contact dermatitis, and then cystic acne (which I haven't had a problem with in well over a year). I will stick to using this on my body and go back to the Devita AHA for my face.

Popular Lotions / Creams