AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

2.7

on 8/24/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE Amlactin. For a reasonable price (and for a product you can find at the drugstore), my skin feels softer, looks much more even, and the appearance of my scars have diminished.

I decided to try this product because I love using alpha hydroxy acid on my face to exfoliate, and wanted to get the same results on my body. I also had some minor scarring on my legs that I wanted to fade.

The lotion itself is hard to completely rub in, doesn't smell fruity and delicious, sort of burns to put on after you shave, and kind of sticks with you for awhile after application (so putting on clothes is semi-difficult), but the after-effects are WORTH IT. After a couple days of use, my skin was 10x softer, looked much more even, and I started to see my scars fade.

I will continue to purchase this product, and I hope you all give it a try!

on 1/10/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

So i bought this due to the good reviews as i wanted something to help with my KP, sigh.... I don't see why it has to be so expensive.... really. but whatever, if it works i wouldnt mind paying a little extra for it.
so i got the big bottles and i pumped a few pumps and rubbed it on my upper arms. i noticed this stuff was so TACKY it would not absorb... and it smelled like GLUE, yes. GLUE.... and it BUrned my arms, it stung i have no idea why, i went to sleep, i woke up with red arms, i thought this was just the effect of the lotion, didnt think anything of it and slapped some more on after my morning shower, again, stinging, glue, red. So eventually after a day or two i went to the doctor (this was to confirm that i had eczema and KP, i didnt know about it back then) she told me i had a violent allergic reaction to this. my whole arm and inner part of my arm where i had used the lotion was RED and itchy. She told me this was a strange and rare reaction because normally it works so well for most people, she told me to stay away from this. which i intend to do so... sigh continuing the search to reduce the redness of my kp...
i wouldnt recommend this to those with sensitive skin

edit:strangely i had better luck with lachydrin 5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have keratosis pilaris on my legs (basically super dry skin bumps.) None of those intense repair and super moisturizing lotions did A THING. Suddenly, it got really bad. My legs were full of red, itchy/painful bumps!! It actually looked like psoriasis or something. I started using my lotions. Those made them smooth for maybe an hour or two, but just stayed on the surface and did nothing to get rid of the bumps. I didn't want to have to go to the dermatologist, so I bought this b/c I heard such great things, and the derm probably would have recommended it anyway. WOW. THIS IS THE BEST LOTION I HAVE EVER USED! I have only been using it for a few days, so I'll edit when my legs are more used to it. The bumps' redess and size was greatly reduced by the FIRST DAY. This stuff is wonderful. When using it on my body, I apply it twice a day, when I wake up and before bed. Every other day, I'll use a body scrub to exfoliate the dead skin. After, I apply Amlactin. Warning- it does sting! In a good way, though, haha.) I have light acne and decided to try this on my face. It had alpha hydroxy acid, which is supposed to work wonders for acne. I haven't been using it long, but so far so good. I haven't broken out (crossing fingers,) and it hasn't made me oily. This is definitely a keeper :)

EDIT- This ended up being very harsh for my skin. Also, I went through the bottle way too fast for it to be worth it, especially because it was making my skin worse :( It cased my face to break out as well as my legs. Now I'm on Cetphil Restoraderm. It works bery well and is much gentler!