Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

3.4

on 3/28/2018 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What I cannot stand about this lotion is not smelling like horse piss, but the finish. This is absolutely THE stickiest lotion I have ever used in my life. Even if this were the only moisturizer available in the world and my skin was bleeding out of dry cracked skin, I will not use this. How do other people tolerate having this on the skin everyday? I was excited to try this as my daily body lotion because although my face is good and clear, my back unfortunately is prone to cystic pimples and is covered in acne scars. The first time I tried this, I slathered a generous amount over my entire body and noticed that the finish was quite greasy and extremely sticky. I continued rubbing it into the skin hoping it will fully absorb and the sticky feeling will dissipate, and I walked around my house naked (sorry, TMI) because I couldn't imagine putting clothes on with this unpleasant, hot stickiness situation going on. I was naked for a good 25 minutes before I realized that the sticky feeling will not go away - it's not something that will absorb, but it will merely sit on the skin. Every time my arm or hair touched my neck and breast or whatever part of my skin that had the lotion on, they will momentarily "stick" to each other because of the tacky finish, and even though I had washed my hands, every time my hands would touch any part of my body, the tackiness will rub off on my hands and I would have to wash them again. After wasting a good 40 minutes with this nonsense, I ran back into the shower and rinsed my entire body.

I got back to reading more reviews about this (because I really wanted this lotion to work for my bacne) and other people seemed to recommend putting a small, thin layer of this and work it into the skin. Who has time for that in the morning anyway, but I decided to try the suggested method of application. I pumped a small amount of it onto my hand and worked a thin layer into my body by rubbing them in as if I were giving myself a rigorous massage. After waiting for about 10 minutes and still feeling tacky, I was brave enough to try putting on clothes. Big mistake. As soon as I put my underwear on, I felt like I had become a human lint roller, attracting every fiber of whatever fabric I had on my body. Rushed to the bathroom to take a second shower again and I won't give this another try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this lotion, its the only thing that has made even the slightest difference to my chronic keratosis pilaris. It smooths out dry, flaky, bumpy skin and I noticed a big difference in only a week of use, since then the improvement has been slower but noticeable. It does have a slight scent but I've never been able to smell it once absorbed, in Europe it is also overpriced but that's the only negative! UPDATE: This is still wonderful for my KP, but not quite moisturizing enough in cooler weather so I either layer/alternate with Aveeno or Cetaphil and the results are still great!

on 8/24/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE Amlactin. For a reasonable price (and for a product you can find at the drugstore), my skin feels softer, looks much more even, and the appearance of my scars have diminished.

I decided to try this product because I love using alpha hydroxy acid on my face to exfoliate, and wanted to get the same results on my body. I also had some minor scarring on my legs that I wanted to fade.

The lotion itself is hard to completely rub in, doesn't smell fruity and delicious, sort of burns to put on after you shave, and kind of sticks with you for awhile after application (so putting on clothes is semi-difficult), but the after-effects are WORTH IT. After a couple days of use, my skin was 10x softer, looked much more even, and I started to see my scars fade.

I will continue to purchase this product, and I hope you all give it a try!

on 11/8/2014 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought this to deal with my super dry legs in winter and brighten up a couple of scars I have from mosquito bites. It unfortunately leaves a film of oil on my skin, instead of completely absorbing, which I hate. It also burns real bad if you apply it after shaving your legs. I've also not seen and brightening effects on my scars. Basically, I just don't see what the hype is. I am going to finish the whole bottle and go with Glytone next.

on 12/20/2013 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Definitely not the most pleasant lotion in the world to use. Apparently sodium lactate is hydrophilic? meaning that it draws moisture into the skin, which is good, but it also explains the tacky, sticky feeling those of us in moist climates experience. At one time I swore to myself that after I finished the bottle I would never buy it again because I was so sick of the clammy, sticky feeling of having my pajamas cling to me for hours after I applied it, but then I discovered that the stickiness is much less annoying if I apply it right after a shower. Not gone entirely, mind you, but not nearly as bad.

Since that discovery I plan to re-buy, at least for use in the winter (In hot weather when I'm already sweaty it's just too miserable) because this stuff really does mean business. I already had a habit of exfoliation, every time I shower with a Salux, and I was skeptical that a chemical exfoliant could make much difference but it really does. Not only is my skin very soft and smooth, alternating the AHA in Amlactin with a salicylic acid solution eliminates breakouts on my body, evens my skin tone and fades marks.

on 9/24/2013 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought a huge bottle of this at Costco for around $20, so although it's still kind of pricey for a body lotion, it wasn't outrageously priced. This lotion is amazing, as it simultaneously moisturizes and exfoliates my skin. Using it daily on my legs makes them glow more than the shimmery body lotion I used to use on them. Regular usage also helps to fight and prevent bikini bumps and keratosis pilaris. It does sting if I use it on broken skin, and it doesn't have the most pleasant smell, but the smell doesn't bother me. Overall, I really love this product.

Ingredients: Water, Lactic Acid Neutralized With Ammonium Hydroxide, Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought a big bottle of this at Costco for around $12 dollars after hearing good reviews. I bought it because my skin gets very dry in the colder months, and I love that it has lactic acid to make my skin really smooth and possibly fade some scars on my body that I have. My only complaint is that I wish this what a bit richer and creamier, but it does moisturize really well. This winter I've alternated between this and coconut oil, and I'm very pleased.

on 1/10/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

So i bought this due to the good reviews as i wanted something to help with my KP, sigh.... I don't see why it has to be so expensive.... really. but whatever, if it works i wouldnt mind paying a little extra for it.
so i got the big bottles and i pumped a few pumps and rubbed it on my upper arms. i noticed this stuff was so TACKY it would not absorb... and it smelled like GLUE, yes. GLUE.... and it BUrned my arms, it stung i have no idea why, i went to sleep, i woke up with red arms, i thought this was just the effect of the lotion, didnt think anything of it and slapped some more on after my morning shower, again, stinging, glue, red. So eventually after a day or two i went to the doctor (this was to confirm that i had eczema and KP, i didnt know about it back then) she told me i had a violent allergic reaction to this. my whole arm and inner part of my arm where i had used the lotion was RED and itchy. She told me this was a strange and rare reaction because normally it works so well for most people, she told me to stay away from this. which i intend to do so... sigh continuing the search to reduce the redness of my kp...
i wouldnt recommend this to those with sensitive skin

edit:strangely i had better luck with lachydrin 5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My doctor recommended AmLactin to me for the keratosis pilaris on my upper arms. At first I used it intermittently and did not see any results. Recently I have begun to use it after every shower, and I definitely see an improvement on my KP. My arms feel much smoother, although the redness is still there. It definitely did not work right away, but I can tell that it's getting better the more I use it. So, to those who are wavering for lack of immediate results, I say stick with it for a bottle. Also, the smell reeks, but it disappears very quickly. All in all I'm happy so far.

on 11/1/2011 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Yikes. This is not for those with sensitive skin! I originally bought this to use on my face since a lot of people said it was great to prevent acne and help uneven skin tones. For that purpose, it was way too greasy and it made me break out in a rash. Unfortunately, it didn't work as a body lotion either. It makes my skin BURN and ITCH like crazy. I'm either allergic to something in it, or the AHA is just too strong for my skin type. I gave it to my sister who has KP on her upper arms. I hope it works for her!

Popular Lotions / Creams