AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%
AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After the first application, my hands look 5 years younger! My skin is sooo soft...not looking back...I've tried Cerave, all kinds of expensive drug store lotion and finally I've found the lotion that will moisturize, exfoliate, and make skin look younger

on 12/17/2009 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This summer I went to the doctor to see how to deal with my bacne, which had gotten pretty bad and was bothering me a lot. To my surprise, she told me it wasn't bacne but KP. She told me to "exfoliate a lot". I already use scrubby mitts in the shower almost every day so I didn't really understand how I could possibly exfoliate more than I already do. Thanks to MUA I was turned on to lactic acid as a treatment for KP. I read the reviews, and they had AmLactin 12% at my local CVS, available without a prescription, for $15.79. I've never used body lotion before because I thought it was causing my "bacne", so it's a little strange for me. But I have to say this stuff definitely helps! Like the previous poster said, SLATHER it on. When I use this regularly it really helps heal the bumps. It's still pretty bumpy back there at the momnt because it had gotten really bad, but the KP on my arms is mostly gone and I'm hoping my back will clear up almost completely. On the negative side, it does reek of ammonia. I've found the smell stays for quite a while. Also, it takes a long, long time to sink in. I wouldn't wear this during the day for both these reasons, so I have another shower at night to put it on. Overall I think this is a great product for KP and the pros definitely outweigh the cons! But I did take off one lippie for the smell and time commitment involved.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I prefer Vaseline Healthy Body Complexion. This stuff feels like past-due tanning lotion to me: runny, tacky, smelly, and doesn't sink into your skin. Everything is sticking to me. Also: expensive.

UPDATE: I'm recanting because it is in fact excellent on KP. Just have to use it at night, as I still feel like I've rubbed something unmentionable all over my body. At least my skin is very smooth when I wake up.

on 11/26/2006 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I only tried this because it was what my dermatologist recommended when I complained about all the hangnails I get. I balked at the price though. It's about $15 a bottle. I tried it when it went on sale. It really works well, and is unscented.

Popular Lotions / Creams