AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

on 1/26/2012 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Iv been using this on and off for my KP for 4 years now. I love it, got rid of the KP on my arms and thighs and im now tempted to use it for my breakouts, ill review if it works for that.
When I first started using it it did burn a little and leave skin red and dry, use it every other day untill your skin is used to it. Now my skin is smooth and the red marks and scars from me scratching them off are all gone ( I was a picker. Very bad! ) . It worked really well for me but like i said it takes time. I only use it every once in awhile now that my KP is under control. Love this stuff.

on 6/18/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this to soften up my rough, dry feet. It reeks of ammonia, but I added some peppermint oil and it covers up the scent and makes my feet tingle. So far, it is working great. My feet are soft and smooth, and they look great in sandals. It is a bit expensive, but at costco you can get a large bottle for $16-17.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I keep forgetting to write a review on this fabulous product! One day I ran out of my AH Souffle and figured I could go another week without using it since I have to order it online. Umm...wrongo! By day 2 my skin looked dull and i got a few zits that I needed to get rid of fast.

I researched AmLactin in the past and always kept it in my "products to try" list so that day I headed down to Walgreens and purchased the 8 oz lotion. (i've not tried the cream formula, i probably will never get around to it) After 5 days my skin was back to being clear and my glow was back! I know someone would be wary of using a BODY LOTION on their face but there are no known pore cloggers in the ingredients and my thought process was "if it works for keratosis pilaris, why couldn't it work for acne?" Well, it DOES!
This is my current night moisturizer and even spot treatment sometimes in the morning.
It makes me look super greasy after applying it even though I don't glob it on. Just a quarter+dime size amount is more than enough for my face. I avoid applying to my eyes because, ouch, it stings. Also since I use it practically every night it does eventually start to sting around your nose, so I avoid applying around there as well.

A small recent example of how well AmLactin works:
After using Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid sunblock for 2.5 weeks, I found my whole jaw area and my forehead/temples CLOGGED to hell. I stopped using it a week ago and went to AmLactin to hopefully save me. It purged a few of the zits (some are still healing, but very quickly) and just completely got rid of some others. I'm still working on getting this outbreak clear but after this now I KNOW that this little $26 lotion is a gem. A fabulous drugstore hidden gem. It's not very cosmetically elegant, the packaging is so boring, but dammit it works and that's great enough for me.

oh, and of course an added bonus: it fades acne marks so much better than the souffle ever did ;)

on 7/1/2008 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This product saved me from ingrown hairs. I used to have them pretty badly and got them no matter if I shaved, waxed, after shower, before shower, etc... if I use it once a day, or even less sometimes, I hardly get any ingrown hairs on my legs.

Even though it's pricier than other lotions, a little goes a long way. Just be aware that it's runnier than other lotions so be careful when you squeeze the bottle. Kinda smells like glue but it goes away really fast but it makes my skin smooth and gets rid of my grown hairs (which really were unsightly).

Popular Lotions / Creams