AmLactin 12%

4.4

on 4/27/2015 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have atopic dermatitis (or eczema) and my dermatologist recommended this to me. I have been using this for 4 years, and I LOVE it. It helps to moisturize and remove those dark rough patches from scratching my arms and legs out. But beware, DO NOT USE THIS AFTER YOU SHAVE. It will STING. The first year of using it it stung so badly, but now I'm used to it. I just love it. Weirdly, in summer it's a bit too heavy to the point my arms and legs are sweating (which I don't do) and in winter it's just too light ( I have to use a body butter over it). But if you have normal skin, you will be okay.

on 9/20/2013 12:52:00 PM

I have very bad acne and this does not break my face out it helps control breakouts . it has also faded my post hyperpigmentation from previous acne marks ! and improved my skin tone . if your just starting start slow then use daily. it is lactic acid lotion after all . I will buy this again

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

A derm recommended this for the ketosis pilaris I have on my chest and legs and I find that while it doesnt cure it (nothing does) it definitely helps. I have been using it for about 3 months, by the way, but I remember noticing improvement within weeks. At first, I used it AM and PM, but now i only use it in PM (I don't really like wearing any lotion but SPF in the summer). It makes my skin look and feel much smoother and it also seems to help calm it and make it less red (which I had not expected). The only thing that bothers me about this stuff is you have remember to WEAR A GOOD SPF daily on any areas that might get exposed. I got sunburned on the back of my calves while running in the morning despite the fact that it was a real stretch to call it running (so I was not sweating) and I had applied SPF to that area before going out (plus it was 6am and i was only out for like 40 mins!). Normally, I am not prone to sunburn, but I also blame it on the SPF I was using (it claimed to be 70spf).

on 5/6/2012 7:25:00 PM

I swear by this lotion! I had really bad bumps on my legs that would never go away but once I started using this lotion they cleared up in 2 weeks! My skin is soft, and most importantly bump free! If you happen to stop using the product the bumps will occur again and take another 2 weeks to go away. That's the only problem with this lotion but other than that works like a charm!

on 4/10/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

My dermatologist reccomended amlactin to me for hyperpigmentation on my arms due to bug bites. I would give the product a 5 if I could use it everywhere but I can't. (I'll get to that later)

Amlactin is a decent moisturizer. I find Aveeno to be superior in that regard but as product that reduces hyperpigmentation and clears dark marks, it's absolutely amazing. I have brown skin and this has worked so quickly to fade the marks on my arms that I tried it on my face but soon realized that it was too greasy for that. I also cannot use it on my feet as it does not moisturize as well as I would like.

on 1/17/2012 2:39:00 PM

I rarely write any reviews but had to about this product. This product is amazing!!! I can't get enough of it. I put it all over my face and body every night and I wake up in the morning with baby soft skin. I also have KP and it helped tremendously. Besides rare cases as the one below (with extremely sensitive skin) this lotion will work wonders.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I think AmLactin does help my KP, but the lactic acid is too harsh for me to use it alone all over my face. I use it to moisturize my t-zone, no problem, but if I use it by itself on my cheeks, they feel tight and start flaking. I want to use AmLactin on my cheeks, though, because that's where my KP is. So what I do is first apply AmLactin, then apply some other moisturizer (like Cetaphil). It seems to decrease my KP and keep my skin soft. Don't expect a miracle, though.

on 5/21/2011 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

There is nothing sexy or glamorous about this stuff, except it works! AHAs have to be at the correct pH to work, and this one is around 5, which is where it should be. Can you say feet? I struggle with dry heels & toes, and if you sleep with this on under cotton socks, it works wonders. I wish I had samples of this to hand out to people with crusty feet--they'd be amazed. It's really great anywhere, except after shaving--it'll sting.

on 2/19/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall, this product is so effective, that it has changed my life. I read the previous reviews and decided to try this on my face. When I went to purchase this lotion, I was a little shocked by the price tag for a drugstore product, but purchased it anyway. I noticed an immediate difference from the first application. I have been using it a little over a week now. I apply this under my makeup in the morning and I no longer need to worry about my facial oil (I previously had to touch up all day long, despite using expensive oil control products and retin-A, etc). This is the only product that has worked for me in that regard. In that sense, it was life changing, because my facial oil was a constant worry for me. I now use it everywhere, and my hands have also never been so soft. It also works great as an eye cream. Also, it is the only product that has cleared my back acne. Has eliminated the need for multiple products and really streamlined my routine. If you have any of the problems that I had, please try this.

on 1/23/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought this lotion hoping it would help decrease the ingrown hairs I get on the backs of my thighs (I know, random place for ingrowns). While I don't think it did much to decrease the ingrowns it did make my skin incredibley soft. The smell isn't very attractive but it fades pretty fast.

Popular Lotions / Creams