AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.2

on 2/8/2016 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the best if you have rough skin/KP.

Pros:
- AHA exfoliates and gets rid of little bumps
- Moisturizes well, even in the winter

Cons:
- Kind of smells like glue. It does still have a subtle scent after a few hours, but only if you smell closely
- Can sting if you have little cuts or broken skin
- Can be a little sticky, but not enough to bother me throughout the day
- Packaging is simple, but hard to travel with: you have to push the pump down (losing product) and twist to lock
- Not cheap. I've only bought it at Costco, so I don't know if it goes on sale anywhere else

In the end, this is the only thing that has had an effect on my KP, other than physical exfoliation with a scrubby nylon cloth, so I will definitely repurchase (and be super upset if it's discontinued).

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased the 14.1 oz bottle (with a pump, yes!!) at Walgreen's, around 6 months ago. It is a little expensive - but it's worth it. If you really think about it though, it's a lotion with 12% AHA at 14.1 oz - I don't remember how much it was exactly, I think it was a little over $20. I know the 8 oz is $16.99. If you divide that by the amount you'd pay for an AHA cream (Let's say $5+ for a 1-2 oz jar) it's actually a pretty good value.. $1+ an oz. And actually, I just checked CVS' website and the reg price for their 8 oz bottle is $14.99. So you may want to shop around first. If you purchase this, make sure to USE THE COUPON on AmLactin's website. You'll save a couple of dollars (http://www.amlactin.com/coupon.html). *** The main reason I purchased this lotion is because of the Keratosis Pilaris (KP) I've had on my upper arms all of my life. I actually never knew I had KP, until someone pointed it out. If you're not familiar with what it is, it's tiny colorless bumps that look like goosebumps - the area can look a little rosy pink as well. They tend to appear less in the heat, and more in the cold. It's very common esp. if you have dry skin or eczema. Mine isn't bad, but I'd like to keep it under control. This really helps. Also, genetically I have coarse hair - and I tend to get ingrown on my legs from shaving - that appear as little bumps.. and I sometimes feel like I never get a smooth shave because of it. This helps exfoliate your skin and lets those little hairs pop out. This is effective on my knees and elbows as well. I actually, sometimes even use it on my face to help fade blemish scars. Love this stuff and I highly recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Okay, i originally bought this product for my mild KP, I've been applying it right after i get out of the shower, and it seems to be improving after only a week of use. The bumps on my legs have smoothed out a bit and the discoloration is fading more every time i use it. But the reason i LOVE this stuff is for my face. I had always had nice skin, small pores, and hardly any acne, but this winter my skin took a crap, turning rough, dull, and uneven, with large pores and a bit of acne. My face had never done this before and i could not figure out why for the life of me. I only recently realized that my skin became this way because the moisturizer i had been using for 3+ years and recently had to throw away contained AHA, so i decided to give this stuff a try. I put just a tiny bit on over the rough spots on my face, over a heavier moisturizer, and no joke, in 1 hour my skin already looked smoother and less dull. After 48 hours my skin looks about 75% better, my pores and have shrunk considerably, and all the rough skin has been smoothed out.
It's a little expensive for what you get, but it's so worth it if it keeps my skin looking healthy and beautiful. (:

on 4/24/2010 11:34:00 PM

I got in this in prescription form when I was younger and I've also bought it over-the-counter. I use it for mild KP (for those who don't know, KP=keratosis pilaris. It refers to those really annoying little bumps that a lot of people get on the backs of their arms and elsewhere. They look a lot like pimples.)
Pros: does help smooth KP bumps, it's extremely hydrating and it sinks into skin pretty quickly.
Cons: smell is a little icky, it causes sun sensitivity (which is a problem since most people with KP are quite pale,) and it's kind of expensive.

To achieve great results I personally have to use it religiously (like twice daily.) I usually layer a lighter, nice-smelling lotion on top, just because of the scent.

I've gotten equal or better results with my KP from using coconut oil daily, but I still keep a bottle around just because sometimes I don't want to wait for oil to sink in.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

have kp and definitely made my arms moisturized and less gross looking...not a fan of the scent but i can live with it

on 12/25/2007 4:55:00 AM

Got rid of the bumps on the backs of my thighs. Worth it.

on 5/23/2006 12:27:00 AM

I have super dry skin on my legs and this lotion does a great job of quenching it. It also gives me good turnover rate for easy exfoliation. I'm not too keen on the scent but it does the job.

on 4/26/2006 2:33:00 PM

Found this at a CVS sans prescription--yes! This is rather expensive (around 13 USD for a bottle) and not the most pleasant thing. It has that slightly sour AHA scent (though it is not fragranced) and makes the skin feel rather sticky for a long time after application. I have KP on my upper arms and this at night+oil after bathing and occasional manual exfoliation (don't always have time to do that) has really helped to smooth and soften my arms (though it hasn't entirely eliminated the problem and it comes back if I skip a step). So far, I've tried AmLactin 5, Neutrogena Skin Smoothing lotion and Vaseline Healthy Body lotion and the above combo. has worked the best for me.

on 1/30/2004 5:07:00 AM

This is a fragrance free moisturizing body lotion targeted for rough, dry skin. My skin is not rough but it is very dry and there are some scars from ingrown hair. This moisturizing lotion is not moisturizing enough and my legs still itch from time to time. Even though this can lightened scar but took a very very long while. I will not repuchase for the following 3 reasons: took so long to lighten scar, not moisturizing enough, fragrance free (I like using good smelling product on my body). Find it a pain to finish the bottle.

Ingredients: Water, Lactic Acid neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide, Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl and Propyl Parabens (Preservatives) and Methylcellulose continued >>

on 1/9/2004 11:47:00 AM

My mom has been using this for some time, she became very sensitive on her hands & arms to most products after doing hair for 35+ years. She's been very happy with it and turned me onto it. Makes me happy, not sticky!