AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%
AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

on 9/3/2010 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

this is one hell of a multi-tasking product! i initially bought this because ever since Paula's Choice stopped making their Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA, i've been floundering for something to use on the little bit of bumpiness (KP) on the backs of my arms. a long time ago i read on Paula's website that the only real way to treat KP was to use something with BHA/salicylic acid in it because it's the only acid that can actually absorb into a blocked pore and push the blockage out from the inside. for that reason, i never thought of trying anything with AHA's in it, because i thought they would only work on the outer layer of skin and not do anything for what was beneath the surface. out of desperation and after reading all the rave reviews i decided to take a chance and try this and I LOVE IT!!! it works very well on my KP, which is to say that it reduces the uneven texture of the skin by a good 75% (never found anything that completely clears it yet and probably never will). it leaves my skin smoother, softer, and lessens the KP bumps, leaving the ones that do crop up easier to get rid of with manual exfoliation. a lot of people use this on their face and say that it helps even skin tone and soothe redness and i desperately wanted to try that but was terrified to risk it because any time i've ever used any AHA's on my face i've been left with horrible red, rashy, itchy hives that last for a week or more. i decided to do a patch test and applied a small spot on my face for a few days with no reaction so i went for it and now i use it every single night! it has SIGNIFICANTLY lessened the redness i have on my cheeks and also helps to keep my skin smooth, but i must warn anyone with sensitive skin to start out slowly and use only the tiniest, tiniest bit of the lotion when applying to your face (and to use something else around the delicate skin surrounding your eyes). near the beginning of my usage i got a little too generous with my application and i did wake up to itchy, red skin. after i let it heal, i started back up on the Amlactin but made sure to only use a tiny amount (i'm talking half a pea-sized dot for my whole face) and have had no problems since. this is such a useful product for me because i can use it on my arms, face, feet and even legs when i want some gentle exfolation. you get a huge amount (7.9 oz.) for around $11 and the packaging is simple and effective, with the only room for improvement being the addition of a pump. the only con i really see with Amlactin is the fact that when first applied it leaves my skin kind of sticky and tacky, and my face shiny. this isn't really a problem for me because i use it at night and when i wake up in the morning, it has all absorbed and my skin is smooth and soft, but this definitely isn't something you could use on your face under makeup. i did consider taking away one lippie for the sticky feeling but i just don't feel it would be fair because the product is so great and only has this one fault. if you have reactive skin and have never been able to reap the benefits of using AHA's i would strongly recommend trying Amlactin and seeing if it could work for you (USED SPARINGLY!) like it has worked for me. this is definitely a product i'll always keep around.
*UPDATE* stopped using this for a few days, not for any particular reason, but just because i was feeling lazy and minimalist. very quickly i noticed that my skin was looking redder and more blotchy than usual... and the only thing that had changed was my skipping the nightly Amlactin. now i am 100% convinced that this noticeably helps the redness i have on my cheeks, and this is the only product i can confidently say that about. won't be forgetting to use this again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! My derm recommended for ingrown hairs and KP, which I have a mild case of on my upper arm and calf. It is worth using it generously for best results. I've recently started using it on my face. I had a mild PMS breakout on my forehead and it left some marks and tightness (I used Proactive repairing lotion on the breakout for a few days that left me dry). I'm using it on there at nighttime. I'll update when if it seems to make a difference. Also, I'm using it on my neck at nighttime. Also, my cat scratched my face pretty deeply and left a small scar. As soon as the scab was gone and it was healed, I started putting this stuff on. A few days later, the scar is less raised! Edit: I had scaly eyelids and I put this stuff on for two nights and now my eyelids are smooth! This lotion doesn't irritate my skin at all!

I LOVE AmLactin!!! I got mine to use on the backs of my arms for Keratosis Perosis. I have nevrer been to the derm for it, so I guess that is a self diagnosis. I have had it since I was self conscious about wearing tank tops, prob 11 or 12. I'm 25 now. I have been using it for about an month, and my arms are clear, and smooth. I wish it had a pump bottle, and if I don't give it a little shake before using it, it sometimes has a medicated smell to it. I printed a $2 off coupon from the AmLactin website when I bought mine.

on 2/2/2009 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HG, HG, HG!

I bought this to get ride of razor bumps on my legs, but ended up using it as a night time moisturiser on MUA recs (thanks girls!). I am 29, with normal to oily skin with some clogged pores in the T zone. And occassional hormonal pimples.

This lotion exfoliates amazingly well without drying out my skin. I like this much better than glycolic acid, which stung too much. I've been using this about three times a week (alternate with eluage) for a month. My skin is smooth, hydrated and clear in the mornings. I live in a tropical climate. This is not too oily if I use just a pea-size amount.

In the mornings, I use a Japanese sunblock enriched with zinc/titanium dioxide, and my skin looks great. Try it! If you don't like it, can always use on your legs and feet.

i am a product junkie (who here isnt?) and this is the only thing that has worked on my badly kp ridden upper arms

it even smoothed bumpies on my butt and calfs :p

amazing, wish i had found this 10 years ago

on 12/3/2007 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

AmLactin is an absolute staple for me. I have keratosis pilaris on the back of my upper arms, which seems to have worsened in the last five years. Manual exfoliation does not help much. I tried LacHydrin 5 at first, but found it wasn't strong enough. After reading about AmLactin (and looking everywhere for it), I found it at CVS and, a few months later, Walgreens. I use it daily right when I get out of the shower, which I find helps with the tackiness problem many complain about in the reviews. I also use it at night, both times as an all-over body lotion. It has made my skin so much smoother and more moisturized. I can skip using a shaving gel on my legs because they are so smooth already. Retails for about $15, but often goes on sale. Highly recommended!