Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.7

on 12/12/2017 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought Amlactin for KP on my arms. It didn’t work for me. (MUAC glycolic body lotion does) But I still used it on my body because it’s an excellent moisturizer. In fact, of all the mainstream lotions and homemade exotic body butters/oils I’ve tried, this is the best moisturizer I’ve ever used. Hands down.

Then one day tried it on my face. I am NOT a fan of cream/lotion on my face, I hate them, really. I use oils to moisturize and cleanse and have been for a decade. But I really love the Amlactin!
If you have dry, flaky, dehydrated skin and you want to put something on that will absorb fully, leave your skin soft and plump and possibly do some work on tone and texture, this is it. Before using Amlactin, my face could stand to be moisturized with oils at least 2 times a day, maybe 3. It’s just dehydrated and can get dry. Amlactin leaves my skin soft and plump for like 24 hours. It banishes crepey-ness, any flakes, it plumps lines and is really helping with my skin tone.

Of course, it contains mineral oil and 12% ammonium lactate, and it’s very rich on the skin, so it’s probably not ideal for everyone. But I love it. Just a tiny bit, a dime size on freshly washed skin. It absorbs, doesn’t leave a silconey film. I don’t use it every day because I use other actives like Retin a, C E Ferulic and occasional Mandelic peels. Probably about 3-4 times a week.

Ounce for ounce it’s way cheaper than other lactic acid face creams, and I love how it leaves my skin. The MUAC glycolic body lotion works wonders on my KP, but it’s nowhere near as moisturizing and softening as Amlactin. I’ve ordered 2 more bottles recently because I love it that much. I use it head to toe.

I cant put into words how highly I recommend and love Amlactin. Put aside the Cerave and Ceptapil and E45, and try this.

It’s rated pretty well on cosdna, and reviewed highly on acne.org.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Made all the KP on my arms and legs go away in about 3 days. My skin has never been this soft - it's crazy smooth and I can't stop touching myself! This lotion takes some getting used to but it's worth it to stick it out. First, it doesn't smell great. It's an ammonia smell that doesn't quickly dissipate, but it does eventually fade away. I follow up with a layer of LUSH Karma Cream, a strongly scented lotion and that seems to solve the smell issue. Second, it's leaves skin tacky in the beginning and if you use too much. It took a solid month of everyday use for my skin to finally adjust or for me to figure out the perfect amount. Third, you have to shake the bottle well first, which I was not used to doing in the beginning. Now I'm a pro. I think manual exfoliation 3x/week (I like to use a Korean Italy Towel or a Japanese Hard Towel) also helps. Note I've manually exfoliated for years with mild improvement on KP, but the addition of AmLactin has finally been the magic bullet that has obliterated it. My only dissapointment is that I thought it would also help with "strawberry legs". There's been some very, very, very minor improvement, But nothing anyone would notice, but me.

I have suffered from moderate psoriasis on my hands to the point where, because of the open half-inch slits at the ends of my fingers, I could barely stand to use them. The pharmacist at my doctor's office recommended this cream. I bought the generic @ Walmart pharmacy for $8.

Amazing cream. Within 30 min. of first application (and after a little bit of stinging) my hands felt so much better. I may have FINALLY found something that really works. Thank goodness!

on 5/4/2014 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love love love this stuff. I get the gigantic bottle from Costco and keep it in my shower. I turn off the water and just lather myself with this. It works wonders for dry skin and ingrown hair, both of which are a problem for me. I also coat my feet with it, and it helps keep my toes looking pedicure-fresh.

This is one of the best pharmacy finds out there.

on 2/21/2014 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my go-to moisturizer, it works wonders on my dry, flaky, winter skin. I use it every day after the shower and my skin stays soft and moisturized all day. In addition to moisturizing it is working on the sun damage brown spots that have popped up on my legs and arms, they look lighter and my skin has a lovely glow. The high percentage of alpha hydroxy acid,12%, really works wonders. Just remember to use sun block when you are using any alpha hydroxy product.

The only drawback is the smell and the lingering stickiness. The smell is off-putting at first but the results are so good that I choose to overlook it. I don't have an issue with the stickiness as long as I wait a little before putting on my cloths.

Over a recent ski trip I ran out of my expensive facial moisturizer and used this on my face (yikes!), it worked so well for the dryness I am now using it when my facial skin is particularly dry. I do not have sensitive skin so maybe those of you who do should not try this but it sure works for me. I can't believe that there is not more hype about this product, maybe because there is no marketing. You could easily spend 3x as much on a moisturizer and not get such good results.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I use this only on my face. It feels too sticky on my arms and legs and takes too long to dry. On my face, it burns, really burns for more than a minute. Then, when it stops burning, it's fine - no smell, no tackiness, nothing. It's so moisturizing, i get no flakes even from Tazorac every 3rd night. I hope that as I continue to use it, I'll have skin like that of the lady in the pictures (reviewer Syrie) - dewy, luminous skin.

on 1/27/2013 9:57:00 PM

I bought AmLactin a month ago from Amazon. I bought a 17.6 ounce bottle and paid $19 plus shipping.

I initially purchased this because it supposed to be comparable to the very expensive face cream La Mer. I planned to use it all over my face. I also read that it is great for the bumps on the back of the arms caused from either ingrown hairs or clogged follicles.

I do not use it on my entire face because I think it did cause me to have zits the first few times I used it all over. However, when I use my at home chemical peel I follow it up with AmLactin on my cheeks. Amazing results! My cheeks are soooo smooth. I couldn't be happier! Following the peel, it does burn a bit, but I kind of like that. It will also burn on zits. The back of my arms...amazing! I am 30-years-old and have had red bumps on my arms since middle school. I thought it was just a way of life. THEY ARE GONE! I barely have a bump at all! I use it on my arms and legs daily. It also cleared up some razor burn I had on my legs right above my knee.

The packaging...who cares?? It's lotion! I highly recommend this for body and in moderation on your face.

After a ton of researching on the internet, I came across this lotion to help me with the small bumps on my upper arms (keratosis pilaris). This lotion works so well! I used it for about 2 weeks like everyone else and I immediately saw the results. I now have smooth upper arms, super smooth! I totally recommend this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

First off, this is awesome for KP, which I have on my arms and legs. I use the lotion every day, and I dry brush every other day before I shower and the difference I've seen in two weeks time has been astounding. I never realized I could have normal skin! I have a few bumps left, but the majority are healing and/or gone. I think with another two to three weeks use they will all be gone.

The cons: It's expensive. I used the $2 off coupon available on Amlactin's website, but still...that's a lot (for me) to pay for a lotion that I put on the majority of my body. Also, it smells like glue with a delightful top note of ammonia. The scent does go away after a while, but still, not the most glamorous thing in the universe.

The consistency is very thin, and I have had the best luck (both with application and effectiveness) waiting for my skin to dry after I shower and then applying it. It absorbs quickly, within 5 minutes. I don't personally need a lot, I cover everything witih a very thin layer and I apply it to the bumpy bits ONLY. I applied it to my entire body ONCE and my neck went dry, scaly, burning, peeling crazy gross. It hurt so much it actually woke me up in the middle of the night, and I spent a good 10 minutes sponging off my neck/chest with cool water. Be careful, this lotion is for real and can truly screw up those who, like me, have sensitive skin. My own experience has been that those areas affected by KP can take some 'tough love' in the manual and chemical exfoliation department, but I need to treat the rest of my skin with mild products.

The packaging is 'meh' with a side of 'whatever'. I got the big bottle with a pump and it's easy to use, 2 pumps for each leg and one for each arm and I'm done. I do also use this on my feet and hands and I've noticed I have a much easier time with gnarly ragged cuticles and I need to work with Mr. Pumice much less. The bottle itself is boring, generic pharmacy type packaging. I really don't care, if it works I could care less what it looks like on my bathroom counter.

One additional preachy toned note: This stuff can increase your skin's sun sensitivity. If you get sun, are outdoors a lot, etc. put a sunscreen on those areas that are exposed. Seriously. I realize it's a pain and an additional step and all that, but do you really want arm skin that looks like an old baseball glove in 10 years? Or worse, skin cancer?

on 12/7/2010 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Started using this for KP on dermatologist recommendation. It works on the KP and on the rest of the body as well. Keeps the skin very soft. I also use it on my face sometimes. It's a great multi tasking workhorse no frills product at a great price point. Highly recommended.

Popular Lotions / Creams