AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%
AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

on 10/10/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just starting using this 4 days ago, and have already seen a significant difference. I've had Keratosis for about 3 years and they have only gotten worse with time. Since using AmLactin, my skin feels smoother and those nasty red bumps are backing off. I run my hands over my arms and barely feel them. In the past, I used Jaura skin cream. Jaura softened my skin, but didn't cure the problem. Not only that, Jaura is too pricey ( $35.00 ) for one months worth of product.

I have the AmLactin in the tube and the cost was around $12.00. It does have a slight scent ( ammonium hydroxide ) that isn't too offensive, unless you get a close whiff. There was slight stinging on first time use ( my lesions were raw at the time ). My target area is my arms and upper back, so I'll get several weeks use from one tube. If this continues to work, I'll continue to buy. Two thumbs up!

Update ( 12/2/09 ). I have given this plenty of time to work. I've noticed the wrinkles ( only when I twist my arms slightly ) has diminshed a lot. That tells me, I'm getting some benefits from using this. It still calms down the red bumps that were very noticeable 2 months ago. Will continue to purchase for a long time.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Amlactin 12% moisturizing creme a few nights ago at Walgreens. I have had KP for my entire life. It got better when I was about 16, but I'm 23 now, I just had a baby, and my KP looks worse than ever before.
I (like most KP sufferers) desperately try to improve my KP, but I'm used to being disappointed and penniless after purchasing products that don't work or seem to make my KP look worse.
So far, I have applied this creme two-three times daily. Immediately after applying it, my KP looks a bit redder than it did pre-application, but after a few hours my red polka dots look smaller, lighter, and certainly are smoother in texture.
This is the most promising product I have ever used. I am going to continue it twice daily until I run out, and if this progress continues, I think we may have found the best KP solution there is!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

thanks to everyone who reviewed this ... I'd never heard of it, but saw it on here, and thought, MUA is usually right so let's try it. I have had some weird eczema/psoriasis thingy on my arms for about 15 yrs, and I kid you not, one time using this and it's gone. I'm a believer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hands down, this is a must buy for me. This is a HG product. It has many uses.

I have KP on my arms and its extremely embarrassing. This helps to SOME degree but I have never found a product that heals it completely. Please page me, if if you know about anything that does!
What I do, is I scrub the back of my arms with a salcylic acid product in the shower with a loofah and then I get out of the shower and immediately apply this. It definitely helps to some degree.
Another use for this product is the skin on my face. I have dry skin that does get a few clogged pores every now and then. I wash my face and use this every night and it basically eliminates those clogged pores and it also helps remove fine lines and uneven rough texture that I have.
Do not use this near your eyes! and you must use a sunscreen daily with this product.
I am also trying this is a body moisturizer to see if it will work since i just moved into a house that has hard water and its really drying my skin out. I will post an update to see if it moisturizes better.

I purchased my huge bottle at Costco. I strongly suggest going there or checking a store similar to it to see if they have it. At Costco it is right in the beauty aisle. The pharmacist at Costco, says that the lotion is in the aisle and they also have a cream version that is available if you ask for it.
It is around $14 at Costco for this and definitely worth it, as it pretty large and if you find it works for you, you don't need to buy a nightly anti-aging lotion.

on 9/25/2004 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Get the prescription stuff (LacHydrin). I have horrible keratosis pilaris on my arms and, uh, posterior and the OTC stuff did NOT work at all for me. My pharmacist told me AmLactin and LacHydrin were the same (when their ingredient lists are different)when my derm wrote my Rx. I am so angry because I lived with the ugly bumps for five years (read: my arms looked like pizza, long sleeves in the summer). Then I got a bottle of the prescription stuff a few months ago in a last ditch effort to save my skin. I use it ONLY TWICE A WEEK and my KP -what was considered a serious adult case- is GONE. Run, do not walk, to your dermatologist for the Rx real deal.