AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.7

on 5/6/2016 12:58:00 PM

I have quite bad KP. If you don't know what that is, to put it very simply; red bumps that appear (for me) on the lower legs and upper arm area. They are very red and noticeable on my pale skin so I tend to stay away from showing these areas when i'm out and about. I have tried almost everything from exfoliating, to coconut oils and the latter. I read numerous blogs and posts on how to eliminate these annoying bumps and Amlactin kept making its appearance however, living in the UK it's much more expensive to purchase, it was around £25, and to be honest for a body lotion I was internally screaming but I was so ready to get rid of the bumps so I bit my tongue and bought it off of Amazon.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks and I do see a noticeable difference. The red bumps on my upper arms are fading/ disappearing. The red bumps are much less angry in appearance on my legs also and I do believe the longer I use this product I will continue to see pretty good results. It is doing the job and I cannot fault the results but there are some things that are quite annoying. For instance, the smell is quite off putting when applied, it takes a bit of work to rub into the skin or else it will remain on top rather than sink in and lastly it takes a few minutes afterwards to dry - I find that it's quite greasy.

I definitely would say if you have KP, this is worth a try. Some simply don't moisturise enough and can deal with a simply body cream, but if you find nothing works, this could be the last hope.

on 9/20/2013 12:52:00 PM

I have very bad acne and this does not break my face out it helps control breakouts . it has also faded my post hyperpigmentation from previous acne marks ! and improved my skin tone . if your just starting start slow then use daily. it is lactic acid lotion after all . I will buy this again

on 1/26/2012 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Iv been using this on and off for my KP for 4 years now. I love it, got rid of the KP on my arms and thighs and im now tempted to use it for my breakouts, ill review if it works for that.
When I first started using it it did burn a little and leave skin red and dry, use it every other day untill your skin is used to it. Now my skin is smooth and the red marks and scars from me scratching them off are all gone ( I was a picker. Very bad! ) . It worked really well for me but like i said it takes time. I only use it every once in awhile now that my KP is under control. Love this stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I think AmLactin does help my KP, but the lactic acid is too harsh for me to use it alone all over my face. I use it to moisturize my t-zone, no problem, but if I use it by itself on my cheeks, they feel tight and start flaking. I want to use AmLactin on my cheeks, though, because that's where my KP is. So what I do is first apply AmLactin, then apply some other moisturizer (like Cetaphil). It seems to decrease my KP and keep my skin soft. Don't expect a miracle, though.

on 6/18/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this to soften up my rough, dry feet. It reeks of ammonia, but I added some peppermint oil and it covers up the scent and makes my feet tingle. So far, it is working great. My feet are soft and smooth, and they look great in sandals. It is a bit expensive, but at costco you can get a large bottle for $16-17.

on 4/24/2010 11:34:00 PM

I got in this in prescription form when I was younger and I've also bought it over-the-counter. I use it for mild KP (for those who don't know, KP=keratosis pilaris. It refers to those really annoying little bumps that a lot of people get on the backs of their arms and elsewhere. They look a lot like pimples.)
Pros: does help smooth KP bumps, it's extremely hydrating and it sinks into skin pretty quickly.
Cons: smell is a little icky, it causes sun sensitivity (which is a problem since most people with KP are quite pale,) and it's kind of expensive.

To achieve great results I personally have to use it religiously (like twice daily.) I usually layer a lighter, nice-smelling lotion on top, just because of the scent.

I've gotten equal or better results with my KP from using coconut oil daily, but I still keep a bottle around just because sometimes I don't want to wait for oil to sink in.

on 3/13/2009 1:46:00 AM

I was told by my derm that this was the best thing to clear up KP. So I've been using it for a week now and I already can tell a huge difference in my skin. My KP is less red and my skin is much, much softer. Also, I suffer from moderate acne and I am using this as my moisturizer in the morning and on the nights when I need a break from my topical gel (DuAc). I use this after cleansing with a PanOxyl 10 bar (which are AMAZING, btw)... It stings and makes me a bit red, but it moisturizes and my skin always looks a lot better in the morning. Its exfoliating my skin nicely and for that I am so grateful, because having acne and dry skin is absolutley the worst. It doesn't make me any more oily than usual and I can use a sunscreen with it too. So overall, its cheap for the amount of things you can use it for. My only complaint is that the bottle is pretty big, so instead of carrying it around in my makeup bag I just put a bit of it in a smaller spare bottle and now its much more convienant.

i have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, calf, and basically all over my body but not to severe in these places (not red).

could someone tell me how much to use and how long it would be until i see results?

i think i get itchy from this lotion, but i am not sure yet. it might just be the kp. it doesn't smell that bad, it doesn't smell good but it is tolerable, so for those who are complaining about it...pretty sad.

how well does it work for the kp? no bumps/redness at all? or just diminished?

on 7/1/2008 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This product saved me from ingrown hairs. I used to have them pretty badly and got them no matter if I shaved, waxed, after shower, before shower, etc... if I use it once a day, or even less sometimes, I hardly get any ingrown hairs on my legs.

Even though it's pricier than other lotions, a little goes a long way. Just be aware that it's runnier than other lotions so be careful when you squeeze the bottle. Kinda smells like glue but it goes away really fast but it makes my skin smooth and gets rid of my grown hairs (which really were unsightly).

I found out about this product on here and I've been using it for my skin condition on my legs. I am not sure if it's KP or folliculitus or dermatitus. I get horrible itchy skin and severe bumps, redness. This stuff seems to control it. My legs aren't perfect but I would say 80% improvement. The bottle from Costco is a great price. I also use PC 2% which works about the same but is too expensive.

Popular Lotions / Creams