AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%
AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

4.3

on 7/17/2018 5:25:00 PM

What impresses me the most about this body lotion is how effective it is. Anytime I see noticeable results after using something just one time, I know I've found something good.

I bought a bottle of Amlactin because I had some rough patches and some discoloration that I wanted to get rid of. The rough patches vanished literally the next day, and the discoloration was significantly faded. That was after one use. I've continued to use this lotion off-and-on for the last few months, and I have to say I'm very pleased with the results. It's very moisturizing too!

Four lippies instead of five because I do have a few complaints. This lotion goes on a little sticky at first. The stickiness goes away after a few minutes, but then the smell kicks in. This stuff smells very strongly of ammonia! And that's not a pretty smell. The smell fades after 45 minutes or so, but that's why I don't use this lotion all the time.

My last complaint is about the price. Man, this stuff is expensive! But it works beautifully and I have to say that I'd buy it again.

on 3/28/2018 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What I cannot stand about this lotion is not smelling like horse piss, but the finish. This is absolutely THE stickiest lotion I have ever used in my life. Even if this were the only moisturizer available in the world and my skin was bleeding out of dry cracked skin, I will not use this. How do other people tolerate having this on the skin everyday? I was excited to try this as my daily body lotion because although my face is good and clear, my back unfortunately is prone to cystic pimples and is covered in acne scars. The first time I tried this, I slathered a generous amount over my entire body and noticed that the finish was quite greasy and extremely sticky. I continued rubbing it into the skin hoping it will fully absorb and the sticky feeling will dissipate, and I walked around my house naked (sorry, TMI) because I couldn't imagine putting clothes on with this unpleasant, hot stickiness situation going on. I was naked for a good 25 minutes before I realized that the sticky feeling will not go away - it's not something that will absorb, but it will merely sit on the skin. Every time my arm or hair touched my neck and breast or whatever part of my skin that had the lotion on, they will momentarily "stick" to each other because of the tacky finish, and even though I had washed my hands, every time my hands would touch any part of my body, the tackiness will rub off on my hands and I would have to wash them again. After wasting a good 40 minutes with this nonsense, I ran back into the shower and rinsed my entire body.

I got back to reading more reviews about this (because I really wanted this lotion to work for my bacne) and other people seemed to recommend putting a small, thin layer of this and work it into the skin. Who has time for that in the morning anyway, but I decided to try the suggested method of application. I pumped a small amount of it onto my hand and worked a thin layer into my body by rubbing them in as if I were giving myself a rigorous massage. After waiting for about 10 minutes and still feeling tacky, I was brave enough to try putting on clothes. Big mistake. As soon as I put my underwear on, I felt like I had become a human lint roller, attracting every fiber of whatever fabric I had on my body. Rushed to the bathroom to take a second shower again and I won't give this another try.

on 12/12/2017 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought Amlactin for KP on my arms. It didn’t work for me. (MUAC glycolic body lotion does) But I still used it on my body because it’s an excellent moisturizer. In fact, of all the mainstream lotions and homemade exotic body butters/oils I’ve tried, this is the best moisturizer I’ve ever used. Hands down.

Then one day tried it on my face. I am NOT a fan of cream/lotion on my face, I hate them, really. I use oils to moisturize and cleanse and have been for a decade. But I really love the Amlactin!
If you have dry, flaky, dehydrated skin and you want to put something on that will absorb fully, leave your skin soft and plump and possibly do some work on tone and texture, this is it. Before using Amlactin, my face could stand to be moisturized with oils at least 2 times a day, maybe 3. It’s just dehydrated and can get dry. Amlactin leaves my skin soft and plump for like 24 hours. It banishes crepey-ness, any flakes, it plumps lines and is really helping with my skin tone.

Of course, it contains mineral oil and 12% ammonium lactate, and it’s very rich on the skin, so it’s probably not ideal for everyone. But I love it. Just a tiny bit, a dime size on freshly washed skin. It absorbs, doesn’t leave a silconey film. I don’t use it every day because I use other actives like Retin a, C E Ferulic and occasional Mandelic peels. Probably about 3-4 times a week.

Ounce for ounce it’s way cheaper than other lactic acid face creams, and I love how it leaves my skin. The MUAC glycolic body lotion works wonders on my KP, but it’s nowhere near as moisturizing and softening as Amlactin. I’ve ordered 2 more bottles recently because I love it that much. I use it head to toe.

I cant put into words how highly I recommend and love Amlactin. Put aside the Cerave and Ceptapil and E45, and try this.

It’s rated pretty well on cosdna, and reviewed highly on acne.org.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Made all the KP on my arms and legs go away in about 3 days. My skin has never been this soft - it's crazy smooth and I can't stop touching myself! This lotion takes some getting used to but it's worth it to stick it out. First, it doesn't smell great. It's an ammonia smell that doesn't quickly dissipate, but it does eventually fade away. I follow up with a layer of LUSH Karma Cream, a strongly scented lotion and that seems to solve the smell issue. Second, it's leaves skin tacky in the beginning and if you use too much. It took a solid month of everyday use for my skin to finally adjust or for me to figure out the perfect amount. Third, you have to shake the bottle well first, which I was not used to doing in the beginning. Now I'm a pro. I think manual exfoliation 3x/week (I like to use a Korean Italy Towel or a Japanese Hard Towel) also helps. Note I've manually exfoliated for years with mild improvement on KP, but the addition of AmLactin has finally been the magic bullet that has obliterated it. My only dissapointment is that I thought it would also help with "strawberry legs". There's been some very, very, very minor improvement, But nothing anyone would notice, but me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this lotion, its the only thing that has made even the slightest difference to my chronic keratosis pilaris. It smooths out dry, flaky, bumpy skin and I noticed a big difference in only a week of use, since then the improvement has been slower but noticeable. It does have a slight scent but I've never been able to smell it once absorbed, in Europe it is also overpriced but that's the only negative! UPDATE: This is still wonderful for my KP, but not quite moisturizing enough in cooler weather so I either layer/alternate with Aveeno or Cetaphil and the results are still great!

on 5/3/2017 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

This product has transformed my skin completely. I have had chronic dry, scaly, flaky skin on my body with rough patches on my knees and elbows my entire life. After using this for a week, I could see the difference in my skin. After a few months of use, I felt like I had entirely new skin. I use this on my body daily after I shower, and it has moisturized my dry scaly skin. Previously I had only had partial luck with thick heavy creams, so I was skeptical about this lighter weight lotion producing results, but it works!

Pros:
Moisturizes and eliminates dry scaly skin like no other product
Improves skin texture from scaly and flaky to soft, smooth and even
Reduces body acne

Cons:
The scent is pretty awful, it dissipates but takes some time to get used to. It sometimes creates a weird earthy sour smell in combination with citrus fragrance notes.
On the driest days of winter, I still have to layer on a thicker body butter over top of this thinner lotion. I've tried the Amlactin cream formulation and it just doesn't sink in and have the same effect as using 2 separate products

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After the first application, my hands look 5 years younger! My skin is sooo soft...not looking back...I've tried Cerave, all kinds of expensive drug store lotion and finally I've found the lotion that will moisturize, exfoliate, and make skin look younger

I have suffered from moderate psoriasis on my hands to the point where, because of the open half-inch slits at the ends of my fingers, I could barely stand to use them. The pharmacist at my doctor's office recommended this cream. I bought the generic @ Walmart pharmacy for $8.

Amazing cream. Within 30 min. of first application (and after a little bit of stinging) my hands felt so much better. I may have FINALLY found something that really works. Thank goodness!

on 5/6/2016 12:58:00 PM

I have quite bad KP. If you don't know what that is, to put it very simply; red bumps that appear (for me) on the lower legs and upper arm area. They are very red and noticeable on my pale skin so I tend to stay away from showing these areas when i'm out and about. I have tried almost everything from exfoliating, to coconut oils and the latter. I read numerous blogs and posts on how to eliminate these annoying bumps and Amlactin kept making its appearance however, living in the UK it's much more expensive to purchase, it was around £25, and to be honest for a body lotion I was internally screaming but I was so ready to get rid of the bumps so I bit my tongue and bought it off of Amazon.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks and I do see a noticeable difference. The red bumps on my upper arms are fading/ disappearing. The red bumps are much less angry in appearance on my legs also and I do believe the longer I use this product I will continue to see pretty good results. It is doing the job and I cannot fault the results but there are some things that are quite annoying. For instance, the smell is quite off putting when applied, it takes a bit of work to rub into the skin or else it will remain on top rather than sink in and lastly it takes a few minutes afterwards to dry - I find that it's quite greasy.

I definitely would say if you have KP, this is worth a try. Some simply don't moisturise enough and can deal with a simply body cream, but if you find nothing works, this could be the last hope.

on 2/8/2016 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the best if you have rough skin/KP.

Pros:
- AHA exfoliates and gets rid of little bumps
- Moisturizes well, even in the winter

Cons:
- Kind of smells like glue. It does still have a subtle scent after a few hours, but only if you smell closely
- Can sting if you have little cuts or broken skin
- Can be a little sticky, but not enough to bother me throughout the day
- Packaging is simple, but hard to travel with: you have to push the pump down (losing product) and twist to lock
- Not cheap. I've only bought it at Costco, so I don't know if it goes on sale anywhere else

In the end, this is the only thing that has had an effect on my KP, other than physical exfoliation with a scrubby nylon cloth, so I will definitely repurchase (and be super upset if it's discontinued).