AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this lotion, its the only thing that has made even the slightest difference to my chronic keratosis pilaris. It smooths out dry, flaky, bumpy skin and I noticed a big difference in only a week of use, since then the improvement has been slower but noticeable. It does have a slight scent but I've never been able to smell it once absorbed, in Europe it is also overpriced but that's the only negative! UPDATE: This is still wonderful for my KP, but not quite moisturizing enough in cooler weather so I either layer/alternate with Aveeno or Cetaphil and the results are still great!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After the first application, my hands look 5 years younger! My skin is sooo soft...not looking back...I've tried Cerave, all kinds of expensive drug store lotion and finally I've found the lotion that will moisturize, exfoliate, and make skin look younger

on 9/23/2015 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I moved to the Colorado mountains for a summer and found a bottle of this in the house I was renting. One day, in a moment of desperation, I applied it to my hands. My first thought after using it was, "Ermaghad! The old tenant filled this lotion bottle with some sort of ammonia-based cleaning fluid!," but the smell dissipated, I calmed down and read the ingredients label, and then noticed how great my hands felt.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover this product, especially after suffering many cold and dry northeastern winters as a kid. These days, I live in a warm climate and rarely use body lotion, but the Colorado air leaves my skin dry, tight, and itchy feeling, and the wimpy moisturizer I packed for my summer here just wasn't cutting it. Anyway, fast forward to three months later and I have totally used up mystery previous tenant's bottle of Amlactin. I'm not gonna lie, it smells pretty weird, but it works and I'm not a huge fan of fragrant products anyway. You're not supposed to use this on your face, but it worked so well on my body that I bought a night face cream containing lactic acid and that has done wonders for my complexion (I've discovered AHAs!) Also, I've been outdoors all summer and haven't experienced any sun sensitivity with this product, although I am an avid sunscreen user and I usually apply Amlactin at night.

I'm not going to be in the Centennial State for much longer, but if I ever find myself in a dry or cold climate again, you betcha I'll be repurchasing.

on 8/17/2014 4:01:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I was a little reluctant to buy since beautypedia claims it doesn't work because of ph, but decided to try based on glowing reviews and recommendations for a friend. I have kp on my arms, and these little bumps on my legs that are a bit like kp and have just always been there (literally, I've had them for years) and literally just feel like every pore on my leg skin is clogged.

I tried this lotion and yes, as others have stated, the smell isn't the most pleasant. However, I'm not big on fragrance free products, so I'll accept the smell. It dissipates fairly soon. Also, skin feels a little sticky for a short period of time after putting the lotion on, which also dissipates. But that said, because of the stickiness, I tend to use this a night, not in the morning, just because I don't have the time in the morning to wait for the to dry.

The effect on my skin has been incredible, and so fast! Within a couple of days, the skin on my legs has been smoother than it has been in probably over 10 years. The effect compounds, so the more you use it, the smoother the skins gets. After a while, I could use it every other day to maintain. I briefly stopped using this while I was on vacation because I didn't want to carry the big bottle, and the bumps came back within a couple of days, so this lotion has definitely been fully responsible for the magic.

on 3/23/2013 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On my 2nd bottle of this stuff..Great for those with KP..I have moderate KP on my arms and legs and this keeps it under control. It is also great on my feet and keeps my heels from being nasty and dry. I used this twice a day for the first week and now use it every other day to keep my KP away. Yes it doesn't smell very good but you have to remember that this is a chemical lotion and is suppose to treat skin, not make it smell good..plus the smell doesn't linger..my skin doesn't smell like anything after I use it. I will continue to repurchase this for my KP!

I found this lotion while searching for a lotion with alpha hydroxy, but this is far better for improving skin tone. I do not feel the product is too expensive, and the pump on the bottle makes for easy application. After a full week of use my skin is softer, smoother, and my skin tone is more even. I recommend AmLactin to anyone who is looking for a good lotion! In a different review someone said it smells like plastic, but I do not have a sense of smell, so if someone wants a better scent, try a quick spritz of your favorite body spray (not perfume). I use the lotion every other day after my shower, but the bottle recommends to use twice a day. Imagine how wonderful I would look if I did it that often!

Great lotion. I've been suffering from a skin rash that spread from my mid back to all over my back, chest, stomach, and shoulders which has been going on for about a year now and nothing I tried before seemed to have any affect on it. After doing some research, this lotion kept coming up and I figured it doesn't hurt to try. I'm really glad I did. Though the rash and bumps are not completely gone, I do believe it is this lotion that stabilized the rash and kept it from growing further. The bumps have gone down exceedingly and the lotion has helped to heal my skin. The smell is kinda funky but its not overpowering.

This product works miracles. When I moved to new york my skin went to hell. It became so dry and itchy that I couldn't stop scratching it even though I was making myself bleed. I slathered myself with skin butters, oils, cortisone creams, anything I could get my hands on and this was the only thing that worked. It smells funny, but it exfoliates and moisturizes really well. Now my skin is back to its normal shiny healthy self again. It also helps make my feet soft, and I use it on my face now and then when my skin starts looking dull.

I have KP on the backs of my arms and butt. I've asked doctors for a solution and they could not even tell me what it was. I figured it out with internet/magazines. This lotion showed results in the first week and now I've been using it for awhile and my arms have never been smoother. So happy!

on 11/9/2011 8:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm going to try something a little different with this review. I'm going to start off by explaining what I initially think about it, and then I'm going to come here week by week, to note any changes. A little about me, I normally don't use body moisturizer. There really is no need for me as I don't get dry. What I do need help with, is back acne. AHA is apparently wonderful for light to moderate cases of back acne. I'm using this product for that sole purpose. For face, and back acne. I just purchased AmLactin this afternoon. I just washed my face as normal, toned with Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel and then slathered this on my upper back, tops of shoulders, and a pea sized amount on my face. Initially I didn't think this product smelled too bad. I sniffed it from the bottle and it basically smelled like a slightly medicated lotion. I'm used to those smells. However when you put it on your body, the smell changes DRASTICALLY. I REEK of ammonia. I actually smell like a hair salon when they're dyeing someone's hair. It's a heavy ammonia smell coming off of my skin. It's been 10 minutes and I don't notice it fading. I also feel extremely sticky and tacky. I'm really not enjoying how this lotion feels. I do notice it starting to sink in, but the initial few minutes made me feel really gross. On my face I have a few acne, some which are open. This STINGS on broken skin... badly. Fortunately it faded fast, but it absolutely woke me up. I'm going to use this lotion every day for the next week. I will be back on November 16th with an update. ***I know I said I'd be back in a week, but the results are so drastic after 8 hours of sleeping that I had to post. I had extreme flaking on my face due to harsh facial washes I was using. All flakes are gone. The acne break out I had along my jaw line, although still there, is noticeably cleared and much smaller. My cheeks are glowing, my pores appear smaller, my skin is even toned, smooth. I don't want to jinx it. But it's phenomenal so far. Also, it did not cause an irritation outbreak on my shoulders or back. That says something b/c EVERYTHING breaks out my shoulders and back.

***** OK so It's been a week and one day and I can say that I really like this cream. I'm still not a fan of the scent, I slather it all over my shoulders and back and face at night and in the morning I use it on my face under makeup. My face has been 100% flake free since using this. I had a horrendous outbreak on my back, after a week, it's gone. I'm left with some slight scarring but eventually it will fade. This cream has not broken my face or body out at all. If anything it's healed my face and has made it extremely smooth, even toned, and looks flawless with makeup on. I'm convinced it's keeping my back outbreaks at bay, and I love that my skin isn't reacting to it. Will continue to rebuy.

Popular Lotions / Creams