AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.3

on 2/8/2016 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the best if you have rough skin/KP.

Pros:
- AHA exfoliates and gets rid of little bumps
- Moisturizes well, even in the winter

Cons:
- Kind of smells like glue. It does still have a subtle scent after a few hours, but only if you smell closely
- Can sting if you have little cuts or broken skin
- Can be a little sticky, but not enough to bother me throughout the day
- Packaging is simple, but hard to travel with: you have to push the pump down (losing product) and twist to lock
- Not cheap. I've only bought it at Costco, so I don't know if it goes on sale anywhere else

In the end, this is the only thing that has had an effect on my KP, other than physical exfoliation with a scrubby nylon cloth, so I will definitely repurchase (and be super upset if it's discontinued).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Add me to the list of raving reviewers. This is one of my favorite moisturizers, and I've since turned my mother, father, and grandmother onto this product. With that said, if you absolutely can't stand slightly tacky lotions that leave a film and have a generic chemical scent, this product isn't for you. I am completely willing to overlook all of that though given AmLactin's effectiveness and price.

I have dehydrated-normal skin that responds especially well to lactic acid. AmLactin is my go-to body moisturizer when I need some all-over chemical exfoliation either due to dryness, ingrown hairs or breakouts. I also especially like it on my feet because no matter how often I go at my soles with a pumice stone and moisturize, they also look dry and cracked. However, with AmLactin they look normal, even touchable. Since I've turned my mother onto AmLactin, I can see a visible difference in her feet which were previously dry and cracked for as long as I can remember.

Overall, if you don't mind a tacky film and a somewhat unpleasant fragrance in your lotions, AmLactin is worth a look.

on 9/20/2013 12:52:00 PM

I have very bad acne and this does not break my face out it helps control breakouts . it has also faded my post hyperpigmentation from previous acne marks ! and improved my skin tone . if your just starting start slow then use daily. it is lactic acid lotion after all . I will buy this again

After a ton of researching on the internet, I came across this lotion to help me with the small bumps on my upper arms (keratosis pilaris). This lotion works so well! I used it for about 2 weeks like everyone else and I immediately saw the results. I now have smooth upper arms, super smooth! I totally recommend this!

on 5/6/2012 7:25:00 PM

I swear by this lotion! I had really bad bumps on my legs that would never go away but once I started using this lotion they cleared up in 2 weeks! My skin is soft, and most importantly bump free! If you happen to stop using the product the bumps will occur again and take another 2 weeks to go away. That's the only problem with this lotion but other than that works like a charm!

on 1/26/2012 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Iv been using this on and off for my KP for 4 years now. I love it, got rid of the KP on my arms and thighs and im now tempted to use it for my breakouts, ill review if it works for that.
When I first started using it it did burn a little and leave skin red and dry, use it every other day untill your skin is used to it. Now my skin is smooth and the red marks and scars from me scratching them off are all gone ( I was a picker. Very bad! ) . It worked really well for me but like i said it takes time. I only use it every once in awhile now that my KP is under control. Love this stuff.

on 6/18/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this to soften up my rough, dry feet. It reeks of ammonia, but I added some peppermint oil and it covers up the scent and makes my feet tingle. So far, it is working great. My feet are soft and smooth, and they look great in sandals. It is a bit expensive, but at costco you can get a large bottle for $16-17.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I keep forgetting to write a review on this fabulous product! One day I ran out of my AH Souffle and figured I could go another week without using it since I have to order it online. Umm...wrongo! By day 2 my skin looked dull and i got a few zits that I needed to get rid of fast.

I researched AmLactin in the past and always kept it in my "products to try" list so that day I headed down to Walgreens and purchased the 8 oz lotion. (i've not tried the cream formula, i probably will never get around to it) After 5 days my skin was back to being clear and my glow was back! I know someone would be wary of using a BODY LOTION on their face but there are no known pore cloggers in the ingredients and my thought process was "if it works for keratosis pilaris, why couldn't it work for acne?" Well, it DOES!
This is my current night moisturizer and even spot treatment sometimes in the morning.
It makes me look super greasy after applying it even though I don't glob it on. Just a quarter+dime size amount is more than enough for my face. I avoid applying to my eyes because, ouch, it stings. Also since I use it practically every night it does eventually start to sting around your nose, so I avoid applying around there as well.

A small recent example of how well AmLactin works:
After using Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid sunblock for 2.5 weeks, I found my whole jaw area and my forehead/temples CLOGGED to hell. I stopped using it a week ago and went to AmLactin to hopefully save me. It purged a few of the zits (some are still healing, but very quickly) and just completely got rid of some others. I'm still working on getting this outbreak clear but after this now I KNOW that this little $26 lotion is a gem. A fabulous drugstore hidden gem. It's not very cosmetically elegant, the packaging is so boring, but dammit it works and that's great enough for me.

oh, and of course an added bonus: it fades acne marks so much better than the souffle ever did ;)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased the 14.1 oz bottle (with a pump, yes!!) at Walgreen's, around 6 months ago. It is a little expensive - but it's worth it. If you really think about it though, it's a lotion with 12% AHA at 14.1 oz - I don't remember how much it was exactly, I think it was a little over $20. I know the 8 oz is $16.99. If you divide that by the amount you'd pay for an AHA cream (Let's say $5+ for a 1-2 oz jar) it's actually a pretty good value.. $1+ an oz. And actually, I just checked CVS' website and the reg price for their 8 oz bottle is $14.99. So you may want to shop around first. If you purchase this, make sure to USE THE COUPON on AmLactin's website. You'll save a couple of dollars (http://www.amlactin.com/coupon.html). *** The main reason I purchased this lotion is because of the Keratosis Pilaris (KP) I've had on my upper arms all of my life. I actually never knew I had KP, until someone pointed it out. If you're not familiar with what it is, it's tiny colorless bumps that look like goosebumps - the area can look a little rosy pink as well. They tend to appear less in the heat, and more in the cold. It's very common esp. if you have dry skin or eczema. Mine isn't bad, but I'd like to keep it under control. This really helps. Also, genetically I have coarse hair - and I tend to get ingrown on my legs from shaving - that appear as little bumps.. and I sometimes feel like I never get a smooth shave because of it. This helps exfoliate your skin and lets those little hairs pop out. This is effective on my knees and elbows as well. I actually, sometimes even use it on my face to help fade blemish scars. Love this stuff and I highly recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Okay, i originally bought this product for my mild KP, I've been applying it right after i get out of the shower, and it seems to be improving after only a week of use. The bumps on my legs have smoothed out a bit and the discoloration is fading more every time i use it. But the reason i LOVE this stuff is for my face. I had always had nice skin, small pores, and hardly any acne, but this winter my skin took a crap, turning rough, dull, and uneven, with large pores and a bit of acne. My face had never done this before and i could not figure out why for the life of me. I only recently realized that my skin became this way because the moisturizer i had been using for 3+ years and recently had to throw away contained AHA, so i decided to give this stuff a try. I put just a tiny bit on over the rough spots on my face, over a heavier moisturizer, and no joke, in 1 hour my skin already looked smoother and less dull. After 48 hours my skin looks about 75% better, my pores and have shrunk considerably, and all the rough skin has been smoothed out.
It's a little expensive for what you get, but it's so worth it if it keeps my skin looking healthy and beautiful. (:

Popular Lotions / Creams