AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.3

on 1/10/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

So i bought this due to the good reviews as i wanted something to help with my KP, sigh.... I don't see why it has to be so expensive.... really. but whatever, if it works i wouldnt mind paying a little extra for it.
so i got the big bottles and i pumped a few pumps and rubbed it on my upper arms. i noticed this stuff was so TACKY it would not absorb... and it smelled like GLUE, yes. GLUE.... and it BUrned my arms, it stung i have no idea why, i went to sleep, i woke up with red arms, i thought this was just the effect of the lotion, didnt think anything of it and slapped some more on after my morning shower, again, stinging, glue, red. So eventually after a day or two i went to the doctor (this was to confirm that i had eczema and KP, i didnt know about it back then) she told me i had a violent allergic reaction to this. my whole arm and inner part of my arm where i had used the lotion was RED and itchy. She told me this was a strange and rare reaction because normally it works so well for most people, she told me to stay away from this. which i intend to do so... sigh continuing the search to reduce the redness of my kp...
i wouldnt recommend this to those with sensitive skin

edit:strangely i had better luck with lachydrin 5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have keratosis pilaris on my legs (basically super dry skin bumps.) None of those intense repair and super moisturizing lotions did A THING. Suddenly, it got really bad. My legs were full of red, itchy/painful bumps!! It actually looked like psoriasis or something. I started using my lotions. Those made them smooth for maybe an hour or two, but just stayed on the surface and did nothing to get rid of the bumps. I didn't want to have to go to the dermatologist, so I bought this b/c I heard such great things, and the derm probably would have recommended it anyway. WOW. THIS IS THE BEST LOTION I HAVE EVER USED! I have only been using it for a few days, so I'll edit when my legs are more used to it. The bumps' redess and size was greatly reduced by the FIRST DAY. This stuff is wonderful. When using it on my body, I apply it twice a day, when I wake up and before bed. Every other day, I'll use a body scrub to exfoliate the dead skin. After, I apply Amlactin. Warning- it does sting! In a good way, though, haha.) I have light acne and decided to try this on my face. It had alpha hydroxy acid, which is supposed to work wonders for acne. I haven't been using it long, but so far so good. I haven't broken out (crossing fingers,) and it hasn't made me oily. This is definitely a keeper :)

EDIT- This ended up being very harsh for my skin. Also, I went through the bottle way too fast for it to be worth it, especially because it was making my skin worse :( It cased my face to break out as well as my legs. Now I'm on Cetphil Restoraderm. It works bery well and is much gentler!

on 1/30/2004 5:07:00 AM

This is a fragrance free moisturizing body lotion targeted for rough, dry skin. My skin is not rough but it is very dry and there are some scars from ingrown hair. This moisturizing lotion is not moisturizing enough and my legs still itch from time to time. Even though this can lightened scar but took a very very long while. I will not repuchase for the following 3 reasons: took so long to lighten scar, not moisturizing enough, fragrance free (I like using good smelling product on my body). Find it a pain to finish the bottle.

Ingredients: Water, Lactic Acid neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide, Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl and Propyl Parabens (Preservatives) and Methylcellulose continued >>

Great for use on knees, elbows, and feet, but keep it far away from your face, I learned that the hard way after severe chemical burns!!!

on 4/26/2006 2:33:00 PM

Found this at a CVS sans prescription--yes! This is rather expensive (around 13 USD for a bottle) and not the most pleasant thing. It has that slightly sour AHA scent (though it is not fragranced) and makes the skin feel rather sticky for a long time after application. I have KP on my upper arms and this at night+oil after bathing and occasional manual exfoliation (don't always have time to do that) has really helped to smooth and soften my arms (though it hasn't entirely eliminated the problem and it comes back if I skip a step). So far, I've tried AmLactin 5, Neutrogena Skin Smoothing lotion and Vaseline Healthy Body lotion and the above combo. has worked the best for me.

Amlactin is the best solution I've found for keratosis pilaris so far. Although I still have a lot of bumps, they have lessened considerably with daily use of amlactin.

Two things I don't like about this product: It smells strange and makes my skin feel sticky. I assume that the stickiness is from the product pulling moisture to my skin, but it feels like I'm in very humid weather.

on 5/6/2016 12:58:00 PM

I have quite bad KP. If you don't know what that is, to put it very simply; red bumps that appear (for me) on the lower legs and upper arm area. They are very red and noticeable on my pale skin so I tend to stay away from showing these areas when i'm out and about. I have tried almost everything from exfoliating, to coconut oils and the latter. I read numerous blogs and posts on how to eliminate these annoying bumps and Amlactin kept making its appearance however, living in the UK it's much more expensive to purchase, it was around £25, and to be honest for a body lotion I was internally screaming but I was so ready to get rid of the bumps so I bit my tongue and bought it off of Amazon.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks and I do see a noticeable difference. The red bumps on my upper arms are fading/ disappearing. The red bumps are much less angry in appearance on my legs also and I do believe the longer I use this product I will continue to see pretty good results. It is doing the job and I cannot fault the results but there are some things that are quite annoying. For instance, the smell is quite off putting when applied, it takes a bit of work to rub into the skin or else it will remain on top rather than sink in and lastly it takes a few minutes afterwards to dry - I find that it's quite greasy.

I definitely would say if you have KP, this is worth a try. Some simply don't moisturise enough and can deal with a simply body cream, but if you find nothing works, this could be the last hope.

on 8/24/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE Amlactin. For a reasonable price (and for a product you can find at the drugstore), my skin feels softer, looks much more even, and the appearance of my scars have diminished.

I decided to try this product because I love using alpha hydroxy acid on my face to exfoliate, and wanted to get the same results on my body. I also had some minor scarring on my legs that I wanted to fade.

The lotion itself is hard to completely rub in, doesn't smell fruity and delicious, sort of burns to put on after you shave, and kind of sticks with you for awhile after application (so putting on clothes is semi-difficult), but the after-effects are WORTH IT. After a couple days of use, my skin was 10x softer, looked much more even, and I started to see my scars fade.

I will continue to purchase this product, and I hope you all give it a try!

on 4/10/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

My dermatologist reccomended amlactin to me for hyperpigmentation on my arms due to bug bites. I would give the product a 5 if I could use it everywhere but I can't. (I'll get to that later)

Amlactin is a decent moisturizer. I find Aveeno to be superior in that regard but as product that reduces hyperpigmentation and clears dark marks, it's absolutely amazing. I have brown skin and this has worked so quickly to fade the marks on my arms that I tried it on my face but soon realized that it was too greasy for that. I also cannot use it on my feet as it does not moisturize as well as I would like.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I think AmLactin does help my KP, but the lactic acid is too harsh for me to use it alone all over my face. I use it to moisturize my t-zone, no problem, but if I use it by itself on my cheeks, they feel tight and start flaking. I want to use AmLactin on my cheeks, though, because that's where my KP is. So what I do is first apply AmLactin, then apply some other moisturizer (like Cetaphil). It seems to decrease my KP and keep my skin soft. Don't expect a miracle, though.

Popular Lotions / Creams