AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.3

on 3/28/2018 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What I cannot stand about this lotion is not smelling like horse piss, but the finish. This is absolutely THE stickiest lotion I have ever used in my life. Even if this were the only moisturizer available in the world and my skin was bleeding out of dry cracked skin, I will not use this. How do other people tolerate having this on the skin everyday? I was excited to try this as my daily body lotion because although my face is good and clear, my back unfortunately is prone to cystic pimples and is covered in acne scars. The first time I tried this, I slathered a generous amount over my entire body and noticed that the finish was quite greasy and extremely sticky. I continued rubbing it into the skin hoping it will fully absorb and the sticky feeling will dissipate, and I walked around my house naked (sorry, TMI) because I couldn't imagine putting clothes on with this unpleasant, hot stickiness situation going on. I was naked for a good 25 minutes before I realized that the sticky feeling will not go away - it's not something that will absorb, but it will merely sit on the skin. Every time my arm or hair touched my neck and breast or whatever part of my skin that had the lotion on, they will momentarily "stick" to each other because of the tacky finish, and even though I had washed my hands, every time my hands would touch any part of my body, the tackiness will rub off on my hands and I would have to wash them again. After wasting a good 40 minutes with this nonsense, I ran back into the shower and rinsed my entire body.

I got back to reading more reviews about this (because I really wanted this lotion to work for my bacne) and other people seemed to recommend putting a small, thin layer of this and work it into the skin. Who has time for that in the morning anyway, but I decided to try the suggested method of application. I pumped a small amount of it onto my hand and worked a thin layer into my body by rubbing them in as if I were giving myself a rigorous massage. After waiting for about 10 minutes and still feeling tacky, I was brave enough to try putting on clothes. Big mistake. As soon as I put my underwear on, I felt like I had become a human lint roller, attracting every fiber of whatever fabric I had on my body. Rushed to the bathroom to take a second shower again and I won't give this another try.

on 12/22/2014 4:47:00 PM

I really can't understand the positive reviews on this lotion. First, it reeks like ammonia. I wouldn't be able to get past that even if this was a good lotion. Second, it doesn't completely absorb--it leaves a sticky residue that is so bad, the last time I used it (which was literally the last time--I threw it away), I had to wash it off. But the most important thing for me is that it doesn't help at all with dryness or KP, which was why I bought it in the first place.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used it for two weeks on my kp, applying it twice a day and it did nothing for it. I'm sick of spending so much money on treatments that don't work. Im done.

on 5/31/2010 10:47:00 PM

I had high hopes for this, but within a couple of days I got an incredible burning rash everywhere I used it. Yikes!!

I liked it for the first few days I used it. I have keratosis pilaris, and it seemed to ease the bumps and redness. Sadly, a week later, my skin broke into a flaming rash and began to peel. Will not repurchase, and will continue to look for a cure for my KP.

on 2/12/2010 9:10:00 AM

Edit: used for a while and did not feel that any change was really happening so discontinued.
_____________________________________________________________
I was super skeptical at first... and ive never been good about regularly applying a lotion. This stuff smells funky, comes in the kind of packaging you may expect at your grandmother's house and isnt the cheapest stuff you can get for your hard earned dollar. All that said... this stuff is amazing. Get past all that other stuff and give this lotion three days on your tough spots, you will love it. I developed what I believe to be KP or some skin condition that is pretty spot on similar on the backs of my thighs... no amount of scrubbing made any difference to help exfolliate. I read a few articles that suggested a mild soap (Dove) and this lotion. Everywhere it specified this particular lotion... no others. It is a little runny so it will make you wonder... but it really is great..

on 2/1/2010 5:31:00 PM

Disappointing. The pH is 4.5, which puts it on the upper limit of effective for an AHA. Not very moisturizing, and I had to mix it with vinegar to achieve any exfoliation. I didn't finish the bottle, and it was a waste of money.

on 9/18/2009 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My dermatologist recommended this product to me for my Keratosis Pilaris. I really thought that it would work, but unfortunately it did not. Looking through the other reviews for this lotion I can see that it does work for most people so I think that my skin needs something else. I used this until the 5 oz. tube was empty and that took about a month. I used it twice daily. My KP did not improve. In fact, I got larger bumps that looked like pimples so I think this lotion may have made it worse. I also got red, itchy skin around my arms. I started using it on my legs and it works fine there.

on 11/4/2005 11:25:00 AM

I hated the texture and action of this lotion...runny, and sat on top of the skin without ever sinking in...thank you mineral oil. I used it for my feet to get rid of the crevices on my heels, but I couldn't bring myself to have oily feet day and night. There are many other brands that feel better, do a better job of exfoliation because they are absorbed, and are more cosmetically appealing.

on 9/25/2004 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Get the prescription stuff (LacHydrin). I have horrible keratosis pilaris on my arms and, uh, posterior and the OTC stuff did NOT work at all for me. My pharmacist told me AmLactin and LacHydrin were the same (when their ingredient lists are different)when my derm wrote my Rx. I am so angry because I lived with the ugly bumps for five years (read: my arms looked like pizza, long sleeves in the summer). Then I got a bottle of the prescription stuff a few months ago in a last ditch effort to save my skin. I use it ONLY TWICE A WEEK and my KP -what was considered a serious adult case- is GONE. Run, do not walk, to your dermatologist for the Rx real deal.