AmLactin 12%

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
 AmLactin 12%
AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

4.8

I have suffered from moderate psoriasis on my hands to the point where, because of the open half-inch slits at the ends of my fingers, I could barely stand to use them. The pharmacist at my doctor's office recommended this cream. I bought the generic @ Walmart pharmacy for $8.

Amazing cream. Within 30 min. of first application (and after a little bit of stinging) my hands felt so much better. I may have FINALLY found something that really works. Thank goodness!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought a big bottle of this at Costco for around $12 dollars after hearing good reviews. I bought it because my skin gets very dry in the colder months, and I love that it has lactic acid to make my skin really smooth and possibly fade some scars on my body that I have. My only complaint is that I wish this what a bit richer and creamier, but it does moisturize really well. This winter I've alternated between this and coconut oil, and I'm very pleased.

on 12/27/2010 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I use the 12% lactic acid lotion once a day all over my body. It keeps my skin smooth and soft. Lactic acid both exfoliates and moisturizes.

on 9/21/2010 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a 17.6 oz. pump bottle of this at Costco for a very good price. I had used the cream (tube) version of this years ago on my feet but it was just too oily for body or hand use. The lotion is very thin but this allows one to use a small amount and spread it easily over a large area. True, it does smell bad due to the lactic acid content being neutralized with ammonium hydroxide. This ammonia odor does dissipate pretty rapidly but is very unpleasant at first. The lotion is somewhat greasy but AmLactin really does the job of softening even dead-skin or calused areas. I am eager to see if it will lighten some age-spots on the back of my hand...as a MUA poster has described. I will update regarding this in the future.

on 12/30/2007 7:03:00 PM

I sampled this lotion at Costco and while I was shopping I noticed my hands looking smoother. I thought it was a pricey hand lotion but just a dab will do and I had never had such immediate results. I then tried it as a night treatment for my face and I really liked it... suddenly the price was cheap! The smell is a bit funky but it fades. I use small amounts on my face to avoid getting any of it into my eyes.

Popular Lotions / Creams