AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.8

on 2/19/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall, this product is so effective, that it has changed my life. I read the previous reviews and decided to try this on my face. When I went to purchase this lotion, I was a little shocked by the price tag for a drugstore product, but purchased it anyway. I noticed an immediate difference from the first application. I have been using it a little over a week now. I apply this under my makeup in the morning and I no longer need to worry about my facial oil (I previously had to touch up all day long, despite using expensive oil control products and retin-A, etc). This is the only product that has worked for me in that regard. In that sense, it was life changing, because my facial oil was a constant worry for me. I now use it everywhere, and my hands have also never been so soft. It also works great as an eye cream. Also, it is the only product that has cleared my back acne. Has eliminated the need for multiple products and really streamlined my routine. If you have any of the problems that I had, please try this.

on 5/24/2010 2:00:00 PM

I don't understand the comments about the smell. I don't smell ANYTHING. I wonder if there isn't a difference between the lotion in the tube vs. the capped bottle.

Anyway, I find this to be VERY heavy. Hours after applying I still have the feeling I've been dipped in oil. Which I personally find nice.

My skin is VERY soft. I LOVE this lotion. I didn't think anything could tear me away from my Nivea Cream (told you I like that heavy lotion feeling), but this has stolen my heart.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I got this many years ago when I was a teen. I bought it because I was experimenting with different brands and it was at the very bottom of the shelf. I use this AHA Lotion, Lac-Hydrin 12% sold in Canada pharmacy stores for my body, but at odd times, I have applied this on my face. This is not a luxury formulation but it does it's job and gently exfoliate dry skin, but I would also say it is safe to apply on oily skin without clogging pores. My skin always feel extremely smooth, soft, and extremely firm. I've been using this for years and it never fails to work so well. I would say that I use one bottle per month if used regularly for 225 mL.
The scent is smell strong to me, but to my husband, he thinks is smells very mild and smell like cream. The scent disappears quickly and does not affect any perfume you applied afterwards.

I bought this product after reading the reviews. I bought this to use on my feet. This product is amazing. Like one reviewer mentioned, they haven't had their heels feel so soft since a child. I agree. My feet are so soft I can't believe they are mine. I have now started to use this on my entire body. It makes your skin bright and ridicoulsly smooth. There is a slight smell but it goes away quickly and it dries pretty quickly for such a rich product. As for the price, it is a bit more expensive than other drugstore brands (double the cost of Eucerin: 8.00 USD and Amlactin about 16.00 USD) but IT WORKS so I don't care about the extra cost. I am replacing my Eucerin body lotion for AmLactin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my first week on this. I bought it to help with ingrown hairs. For background, I have terrible ingrowns, and I get them even in places where I don't shave (like my arms). I am a picker, so I need to prevent them, otherwise, I pick and make my arms and legs look terrible. So, I've tried several other products most don't do much for me. So far, this is working well. It's a light lotion that goes on easily. I see other people complain about the stickiness, but I don't think it's that bad. At least the sticky feeling doesn't last all day like some other products (I'm talking to you Dove Pro-Age). This has made my skin very soft and smooth. As of this time, I'm reserving judgment on the effect it has on ingrowns. I'll update in a few weeks.
Update: Definitely the best stuff I've tried. I had to go off it for 2 weeks (dont' ask), and I noticed the difference, both in softness and ingrowns. I will definitely keep using this and keep buying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have had a terrible problem with ingrown hairs (after using the Mach3 razor about 5 times total) that will not go away. My dermatologist suggested this. (I had already tried Tend Skin and other remedies.) It has not completely cured me, but has eliminated about 90% of the problem.

The packaging is horrible, but other than being fairly thick, I don't have an issue with the lotion. The fact that it helped me when nothing else would is enough for me.